SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Car buying scam France?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
azilazil
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

Just in, spent a while scouring the stickies and will keep churning through the threads. Had no idea about baiting. Alot to learn.

The first question I have is about the possible scam that someone is trying to pull on me.

Background info: I live in France. Just sold my house, waiting for the funds to go into my bank (today sometime I think) and I need a new car. A cheap car.

So, on 18th Nov I found a cheap Peugeot 106 (€1000). Sent an email using the website mail (http://www.leboncoin.fr/) expressing my interest. It's the only email I don't have.

The easiest way for me to continue with this is to publish the email string since then. Thats going to mean a long post so I'll ask before I do it.

Is it okay to post this email string? Is there an accepted way of posting correspondence strings?

Also, I've been trying to speak in person with the vendor since I sent the original email. However, the only person I spoke with in person so far was a guy in Nigeria.

I used dial back not knowing he was in Nigeria but do have his number:

00 2 29 98 33 92 46

Cheers,

Az
azilazil
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right. well here it is. I hope someone can help. The English isn't brilliant as it's translated from French.

object: Peugeot 106 diesel color line 3 p...
Date: 18 November 2012 10: 20: 54
this to: xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello my car is available with all papers in rules for sale and I sell it to 1000 euros it is in very good condition and runs perfectly fine. tires and brakes are new. the technical control is blank (OK), the service book is up to date and the belt was redone recently. all invoices are available. I put it up for sale because I have to join my husband who works for the Embassy of France abroad in very few days. I therefore came to Toulouse in the 31 to prepare my personal papers for my trip because my family lives there and the car is with me. then if you are to take my brother's garage and also carries out the deliveries in France. It will take you the car with all papers at home whenever you want.
I will take in charge for his travel expenses. Please contact me if you want to buy my car.
cordially Sylvie P.

Date: 18 November 2012 10: 47: 34
this to: [email protected]

Hi Sylvie, you have a fixed telephone number that I can call you?

Thank you
xxxxxxx

Date: 18 November 2012 18: 25: 43
this to: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

well, I got your message and I am willing to sell you the car for €1000. I would like to ensure that you know that my car is in perfect condition. It has no technical fault. It has been very well maintained and it is very clean inside and outside so you not to the State. everything is really in order at the level of the paper. my flight is scheduled for Tuesday in the morning.
so, I will reach my husband overseas where he worked for the Embassy of France in no time. If you want to buy my car no problem. as I had said my brother will be so take you the car with all papers at home, in your home When you want to for payment will you send me direct money cash in postal delivery day, you exchange the remittance against the car and the paper upon my brother at home, after trying to drive and control of the paper, if you agree, please me reconfirmed your information: name...
FIRST NAME...
YOUR HOME ADDRESS...
NUMBER (mobile telephone)...

Once received I will give your contact information to my brother and I put you directly in contact to conclude the delivery, I would call you directly in the event of need.
regards,

Ms. Pommier Sylvie

Objet: Peugeot 106 diesel color line 3 p...
Date: 18 November 2012 19: 11: 10

Sylvie, you have a fixed telephone number, I can call you please?

I would like to see the car before I commit to buying it.

Also, if the car is still for sale why your ad has been disabled?

Thanks

Date: 18 November 2012 21: 15: 19
this to: xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have taken good note of your mail.
Because the delivery is done without obligation to purchase it was tell my brother going at your home with the car and after trying and the paperwork audit if the car meets your expectations you hand him the postal receipts in exchange for papers and car keys where you will notice an abnormality that prevents you to take the car any time you could let him know and he returned with the car and you will have no charge to result. Please confirm your contact information if you are really interested: name...
PRÉNOM .......................
RUE................................
VILLE.................................
Zip code...
FIXED PHONE...
MOBILE PHONE...

Waiting for contact information if a serious and potential purchaser regards Apple Sylvie

Date: 19 November 2012 11: 20: 26

I am interested but;

** your brother must bring with him a piece of identity
** it shall demonstrate that it has the right to sell the vehicle in your name
** I would like to speak with you on the phone
** please indicate the registration number
** I won't have the money to buy the car until next Tuesday (27)

Date: 20 November 2012 16: 33: 35
this to: xxxxxxxxx

good evening has you.
Please excuse me for the delay in replying.
OK, I'll be waiting for you reading to confirm this has my brother once you have the liquidity on you.
Do you worried by information that you have ask because you go to control everything the day before delivery of the purchase of my car.
Thank you.

Cordially Sylvie Apple.

Date: 26 November 2012 16: 30: 54
this to: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

good evening Mr how are you?
I expert though so I expected your confirmation for tomorrow as agreed for advertised has my brother could come indulge the car tomorrow waiting for reading you very urgent.

Date: 26 November 2012 20: 58: 20

good evening Mrs. Apple, I just returned from a meeting today and I now expect the money to be available on Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm really sorry if this is an inconvenience.

I would appreciate if you can call me please

xxxxxx

Date: 27 November 2012 11: 04: 14
this to: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello to you Mr.
I've received your mail and I want to say you that these without a problem these because I have confidence in you that I you ais book my car and on your mail there is no problem as soon as you would have liquid funds made me sign so I confirm to my brother so he contacts you.
Cordially
Sylvie POMMIER

Date: 27 November 2012 13: 12: 20

Dear Ms. Apple, I asked you to call me several times now and you do not.

Contact by email is not good enough.

If you want to sell me the car you will contact me by phone in person if not that I will not be dealing with you.

I commend you for your patience regarding the money for the purchase but I am suspicious of the circumstances of this sale and am not prepared to go further until we have already talked about.

Thank you.

xxxxxxxxx

Date: 28 November 2012 09: 11: 44
this to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello to you.
Thank you for your reply.
But we try to call you yesterday you do not answer your phone.
You can tell the delivery suite, because I just read the mail of confirmation of my brother who informed me that the deed of sale that I pre-set before my departure that it already filled it according to your delivery details that you sent me and I passed him and that he still has what you sign at the delivery to take possession of your car its two key and these documents in order.
Therefore Please give me a confirmation for the delivery, so I confirm a my brother.

Cordially Sylvie POMMIER

Date: 28 November 2012 09: 18: 23

no phone call, no sale.

Thank you

xxxxxxxxx <telephone number>

Date: 28 November 2012 19: 53: 33
this to: xxxxxxxxxxx

good evening Mr. I'm still waiting for your mail to confirm a your brother would like delivery for this week please quickly confirm quickly the liquidity of€ 1000.
Thank you regards Sylvie Apple

Date: 28 November 2012 20: 24: 55

I am not prepared to deal with you any more. Please stop contacting me.

Date: 28 November 2012 21: 20: 07
this to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

listen to me very well we had reserve the car me and my wife and the last minute you me known as its listen to I'll tell you one thing you should be aware that you are a has one of the France Embassy so I know very well the law but what I will tell you I will not refuse you can leave the car but be aware that you will me repay the € 300 we pay to the garage since Monday go God thanks the police is aware of our case otherwise I complaint against you tomorrow I promise you repay the €300 guarantee and there will be no problem between us.
Waiting for read you kindly Mr. and Mrs. POMMIER

Date: 28 November 2012 20: 24: 55

Mr. and Mrs. Pommier, listen to me well.

At no time do I book your car. I expressed an interest in buying it. At no time did I promise to buy it. In the emails, I said that I did not want to commit to buy before I saw it. I have also asked you to provide me with registration (so that I can check the source of the vehicle). You have also failed to do.

I was buy and sell cars for twenty years and I have never encountered this kind of situation. I am happy to buy the vehicle to you, but I wait for the process to be simple and transparent.

I suggest that, when I have the money that we meet and proceed to the sale outside the Lavelanet Gendarmerie.

I talked with my lawyer this afternoon and promised that it would transfer to my Bank tomorrow. I don't know exactly when it will be available.

Sincerely, Mr. xxxxxxxx

Date: 29 November 2012 09:45: 44
This to: xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello to you.
Thank you for your reply.
But I'm sorry I sell you no more the car and as I have you tell you pay off the car to the garage keeper warranty costs, so M hear me well if you violate any of the conditions I complaint against you. And I will pourssuive this case until the justice. know that I am a man of Justice I work a the France Embassy.
Waiting for you read kindly Mr. and Mrs. POMMIER

Date: 29 November 2012 11:48:13

Dear Sir and Madam Apple, let me speak frankly. Don't waste no more time on this issue.

In any of the emails I have enter into a contract to purchase your vehicle.

In fact, I said explicitly that I would not buy until I saw it.

I also asked several times for a phone number that was never to come.

I also asked several times to speak with Ms. Pommiers. So far, the only person I spoke with in person is a man in Nigeria.

In addition, I have clearly said in my last post that I am happy to buy your vehicle on condition that the operation is concluded at the Gendarmerie of Lavelanet and the documentation is in order and that the vehicle is as described.

Since you have decided is not to sell it to me. I don't have a problem with that, but it certainly means that I am not responsible for any financial penalties.

This morning, I have printed emails between us and went to the Gendarmerie in Lavelanet. After reading the e-mails between you and me, they decided that I am not responsible for all the costs. He also told me to report the case to the piece of good corner as a "fraudulent advertising.

Threats continuing to impose financial sanctions on me for breach of contract also amounted to attempted extortion.

Unless you intend to sell me the vehicle (subject to conditions that I mentioned above) Please stop contacting me.

MR. xxxxxxxxxxxx

----------------------------------------------------

Since then two attempts to call me with a masked ID on the phone but no emails.

I really would be grateful for help/advice/opinions.

Ta.

Az
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems as though they have your real information. The best thing you can do at this point is to forget any communication with them.

I did notice a change in "her" surname toward the end. There is nothing even close to being proper about that deal and they can do nothing to you, financially or otherwise, for shutting this down.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
azilazil
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks NV for your response.

They have my landline number, mobile number and area postal/zip code.

Feel pretty dumb for walking into this.

Do I have any reason to be worried?

Ta again for the response.

Az
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please do not feel dumb because a professional scammer tried to bilk you out of your hard earned money. This is what these people do for a 'Living'.

Luckily no real harm was done here. As far as being worried, don't be. Simply drop all contact with them and they will move on to someone else.

Please visit our Sister site Scamwarners.com and tell your story there. They are used to dealing with just these sorts of situations and can be a real help. As an added bonus, you will be able to help others from being caught by the same bunch of thieves.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic