SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another ebay / paypal wannabe scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iCarleyShow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so i listed my car for sale on ebay and got an email from someone claiming to be off-shore and would i take payment via paypal. seemed a bit dodgy to me, so when he asked me for the sale price I quoted him £1000 - trust me the car isn't worth half of this, and comes with no tax or ticket. No one would pay that for such a car unseen.

I obviously have nothing better to do than play with this scammer!

I set up a second paypal account with no personal or bank account details and gave him this as where to pay. Not sure what scam he was gonna try, but mildly amused at this weak attempt.

here it goes - i got some emails apparently from paypal confirming £1450 being paid but being held until I send a confirmation code from Western Union for my advance of £400 to cover shipping!

a look at the header showed me the return path <[email protected]>

I have replied to the buyer saying .... but there's no money there, how can I forward it if its not there? I dont understand ......should I phone paypal?

also there is a phone number on the email for the shipping company, which when I googled I found to be used to post for some (maybe) job scam - so I have asked my buyer if I should also call the shipping company to explain the delay lol +447024086542

wonder how long it will take him to realise he aint getting anything?
iCarleyShow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok so my buyer replied to me saying no don't phone paypal just reply to one of the emails that they sent to you and ask your question there

so i did - suprise suprise i get a response within 5 mins telling me basically not to worry money is there just send the £400 by Western Union and then the receipt to them. No risk hah.

I havent told my buyer they have replied, i was gonna wait till he asks for my next move and say i am still waiting for reply.

he agreed i should phone the shipping company and resent me their phone number - seemed quite excited that i do this. now, what do i say to the person on the phone? i can record conversations so will post in appropriate forum - just looking for a few tips on what to say or do with this opportunity to call them?
Abhorfraudsters
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got a text asking me to email best price on something I was selling, hadn't used that site before so didn't think anything unusual at that point: Than a reply email from a Wayne Mathen [email protected] saying price ok asking of paypal or direct deposit was ok: I said direct deposit: provided bank details and pickup location and reference and contact numbers: Then this with no continuity or reference to previous communication:

Hello, I just completed the payment from my PayPal to your account (check your email properly including junk folder for the payment confirmation), a total of $2,300 was sent, $1,700 for the merchandise and the extra $600 for my shipper's charges including western union charges which you will be sending to the address below via western union.

Name: Ramanathan Salverinathan
Address: 50, Jalan Teluk Pulai
City: Klang
State: Selangor
Zip Code: 41100

My shipper would be coming around to your area to have the merchandise picked up once you have sent the shipping charges fee to them,as i need you to let me know what time you want them to come and where (your address & phone # you can be reached on)

I will be waiting to hear from you once the money has been sent to my shipper. Thanks for the business

At this point I replied:

Greetings Wayne ( or whoever you are)

You have set the alarm bells ringing with the reference to Western Union and extra money to your shipper. Unless you can convince me this is not a money scam, kindly cancel the payment at your end.

to which they replied:

What are you talking about? Didn't you read the payment confirmation from PayPal? Check your email properly.

I later found the fake Paypal in my spam folder and a classic `if you do not act upon this receipt we will have to take a legal action against you'
LOL! Amateurs. Too lame for even wasting time baiting further. I received a followup email later on stating about to send funds, once again no continuity, obviously more than one of them.

I was tempted to send them this link saying it was confirmation of the money transfer www.amishrakefight.org/gfy
fartuflater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sorry to see that you have lowered yourself to dragging the good Amish people's name through the mud in order to make yourself feel better.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ 3 posts and to be honest, you sound like an utter dickhead. You might be attempting to sound clever but unfortunately, it just isn't working out for you and you're coming across as a mouthy little prick.

Either buck up or go troll somewhere else.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic