SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The cold call victim who fought back

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice story http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20068927

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Our records indicate that you are owed compensation from companies sending you uninvited text messages." Laughing

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<Takes notes >

Although I did have fun with one caller as I played a forgetful old dear, trying to remember the year I took out a mortgage- now was it when the Queen had her silver jubilee, I'm fairly sure it was the year Elspeth had her womans trouble or was that Nora with her bunion, do you know they had to... he eventually hung up!
No patience these young folk
Laughing
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the US there is a "Do Not Call" registry which in theory prohibits unsolicited sales calls and most particularly recorded messages. A human is supposed to request your permission to listen to a recorded message.

When first enacted the law really cut down on spam calls, but ultimately the law has no teeth and today it is ignored with abandon. We are swamped with such calls.

It is easy to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission but it really does no good. At the end of the process the confirmation says:

Quote:
Do not call complaints will be entered into a secure online database available to civil and criminal law enforcement agencies. While the FTC does not resolve individual consumer problems, your complaint will help the agency investigate the company, and could lead to law enforcement action.

Basically, they just file the data away. It is rare indeed that anyone is actually fined for violations.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the UK you can register with the TPS ( telephone preference service )
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatistps.html
but they have no powers over calls that originated outside the UK -as in Mr Hermans case
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic