SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

African accents

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in the state capital for the land surveying test. As I was waiting in the Greyhound station, I heard someone behind me and thought "That's a West African accent". I could just picture her giving birth to three plates. Sure enough, she mentioned Nigeria.

Before I left, I looked in a list of churches and found one at the limits of walking distance (the others are farther and would require crossing interstates). The preacher is Kenyan and called attention to his accent. I could tell some commonality between the accents, but they were distinctly different.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Recently I was in a store and heard someone speaking with a New England accent. Since I'm in Oklahoma, I was very surprised, given that we usually only run into lost Texans here.

I'm not sure what this thread is about, and am most likely going to zap it - why does hearing a 'West African' accent merit a thread?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Because the accent shows in the writing of lads from the area. See http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=213186.

×186
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Really?

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Confused

I guess apparently West African accent within walking distance to a church equals lads.

The other day, I was in a store. I heard someone with an English accent (could have been Aussie, you all sound alike to me) and I thought of this thread http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=224100 so it must be related.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
I guess apparently West African accent within walking distance to a church equals lads.

No. The West African accent (which I've also heard on the radio) does not imply that someone is a lad. Giving birth to triplets doesn't imply lad either. The accent I heard at church is East African, not West African. I don't know why you're twisting my words into something I never said or implied. I just noticed an accent which is the same as that of many lads; that doesn't mean she is a lad.

×186
spot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Topic Title wrote:
African accents

My Boss has a South African accent --- are we having a survey?

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Danish accent. Stop the press.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

spot wrote:
My Boss has a South African accent --- are we having a survey?

I have a South African accent, therefore I am your boss.

vonpaso xlura wrote:
No. The West African accent (which I've also heard on the radio) does not imply that someone is a lad. Giving birth to triplets doesn't imply lad either. The accent I heard at church is East African, not West African. I don't know why you're twisting my words into something I never said or implied. I just noticed an accent which is the same as that of many lads; that doesn't mean she is a lad.

Woah there chief, take a deep breath, you have to admit that your OP was pretty vague. Are you trying to say that your experience during baiting has helped you learn to recognise regional African accents?

Don't take offence to this next part, but I'm a higher functioning autistic, and these are the kind of conversations that usually end with me arguing with someone, you make a link in your head or want to explain something but you miss out on a few sort of general cues as to what you're wanting to say. I think next time just try be clear in what your trying to say, like using "three plates" was confusing as hell to me untill way down at the end you said "triplates".

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a pair of Boulet rough-stock boots that were made in Canada, but they look just like Olathe rough-stock boots (made in Olathe, Kansas).

I want to get a pair of Olathe boots, but nobody stocks them around here. Sure, I could order a pair online, but the sizes run different among most boot companies and I really don't want to mess with all the shipping, back and forth, to get the correct size.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=221802

Pastor Frank will probably descend on this thread, with a vengeance, because I mentioned that I have a pair of Canadian boots. I'll just say it now: PF, I have never jackbooted you with Canadian-made boots. I have a special pair for you (they were made in Mexico).

I don't know much about plates, but three seems a strange number for a set. I'll bet one got broken and they just never replaced it.

There's not any Kenyan churches in my immediate vicinity, or any standing churches for that matter. There is an old abandoned (gutted, with no roof) Spanish church, down the road. I think it was built in the early 1900s, but when the springs dried up, the town died. I believe that was back in the 40s or 50s. There is still a Virgin Mary Shrine that's standing (and well maintained) near the old church.

I can also pick up radio stations from Mexico. Sadly, my Spanish consists of mostly the bad words. They don't use much profanity on the radio, so I'm stuck listening to static or my iPod. I should really look in to getting satellite radio.

I don't have an accent, everyone else does.

Does that count?

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Going to give VX a chance to reply, after that, this thread is going to be disappeared.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ It was the boots that did it. Wasn't it? Sad

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What do triplets have to do with West Africa? Just curious.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think VP was making reference to a scam attempt which was based around the scammer attempting to sell 'her' children. If I remember correctly, the scammer insisted that 'she' had three plates - meaning triplets. This of course caused much hilarity, which I would prove if I could be bothered to use the search function. I can't, so it remains a theory.

I'm not sure what the point of the post was, other than he's suddenly realised he can distinguish between the accents (maybe he couldn't before? ) but hey, how often do threads here need a point? Wink
I doubt it was anything undesirable. I don't think English is VP's first language? Maybe something got lost in posting.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well... at least we got established, that ministers from Kenya has a different accent than West Africans.

Join us next week, where we will be discussing differences between the accents of Peter Lorre and Dr Mike.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh! Ok I get the "three plates" deal now.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okie doke.

Locking now, folks.

VX, I apologize if I misunderstood your post and took it the wrong way, but this thread is just going to continue spiraling down.

Cougar, I really do appreciate you stepping in.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic