SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Just joined for help in an auto bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PiddlyDiddly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all -

Having spent many an entertaining afternoon on this, the World's Greatest Site, I am pleased to announce the following response to my inquiry for a '73 Mini.

My Brit friends in California remain totally perplexed at Yank affection for the Classic Mini. And especially, that we would seek to use them for actual transport. Even pay gobs of money for them. My only answer is that I've seen enough Chevrolets, Buicks and Pontiacs in the mother country and commonwealth to raise a similar concern of judgement.

I replied to an ad that I didn't know was copied from a real one. The price was attractive. I haven't taken this far as you can see and need help to actually bait him. I know I shouldn't have used my real email, but didn't know I was mailing a scammer, 'Mark Riddell':

<<<<

10/21 1:43
Me:
Mark can I send you a deposit to hold on to it? My old Mk2 was built by Graham and Jason, it was red too.
Could you tell me what the issues are with it? I assume you have the registration / pink slip....

10/21 3:10
Mark Riddell:
The car is perfect !!!! Nothing wrong ! Absolut nothing ! I am the second owner ,never been in accidents ,no smoker no exhaust leaks ,nothing ! Its the perfect car and i am very sorry that i need to sell it.
The only problem is that i am working in the middle of Atlantic on a oil platform and the car can be only shipped using this company www.global-itrans.com They can ship the car to you and you can check it and test before i receive the payment. If you are OK with this please let me your shipping address and they will contact you right away. The car is already at them ,sealed and ready to go. Thanks !

10/21 3:23
Me:
Okay, sounds unusual though. How do we proceed? (I knew it was a scam at that point)

10/21 3:40
Mark Riddell:
Hello again,
If you wanna start this deal, i need your shipping address and a phone#, a mobile one if you have so the guys from the company can call you when the car will be shipped. I will forward your details to them and you will receive an email with all instructions that you need to complete the deal. You have to make the payment to them through bank wire transfer and they will hold the money until you get the car. You have to 2 days to check it and drive it. If you decide to buy it, they will forward me the funds and you will get the title from them signed by me. If you don't like it,you will get a full refund and i will support the fees. Also they will give you a tracking# so you can track the trailer. If you agree to do the deal through this shipping escrow company, i will wait your details.
If you have any more questions please reply me or text me at : XXX-XXX-XXXX
Thanks

10/23 12:40
Me:
Hello Mark -
Did you sell the car? I'm still interested.

10/23 4:33
Mark Riddell:
is still for sale.

10/23 4:46
Me:
OK, about the shipping company - I don't need one because I live there by Newport Beach. Is it possible to go see the car?

10/23 7:30
Mark Riddell:
The car is at the shipping company sealed on the container in Atlanta GA. I am from California and i forgot to change item location.

10/24 9:42
Me:
Mark what do I do in order to see the car then? Is there a fee I can pay the shipping company to see it?

10/23 10:21
Mark Riddell:
Hello again,
If you wanna start this deal, i need your shipping address and a phone#, a mobile one if you have so the guys from the company can call you when the car will be shipped. I will try to explain you the process:

- I will forward your details to them and you will receive an email with all instructions that you need to complete the deal. You have to make the payment to them through bank wire transfer and they will hold the money until you get the car. You have to 2 days to check it and drive it. If you decide to buy it, they will forward me the funds and you will get the title from them signed by me. If you don't like it,you will get a full refund and i will support the fees. Also they will give you a tracking# so you can track the trailer. If you agree to do the deal through this shipping escrow company, i will wait your details.
If you have any more questions please reply me.

>>>>

So that's where it's at now. I am hoping for suggestions on my next steps....?
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Drop him immediately! He has your real info. Rebate him with totally bogus info and a new modality.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
PiddlyDiddly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Bruin. BTW I've just been reading around here that AutoTrader scams are afoot. That's what this is.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209138&highlight=autotrader
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 'Eater, PiddlyDiddly.
Always bait safe - follow Bruin's advice, drop him and start again. Thumbs up

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The website looks as fake as fake can be. You could post it up in our fake banks section and learn to kill websites if you wish. You have all the info you need to do this already.
Welcome btw. Minis rock.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic