SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Approach.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CyberPirate
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I just looked in my spam folder on my personal email account. I saw a typical scam letter in my spam folder. Then I thought of this site and I wanna try scambaiting, but I'm gonna learn more before I try anything.

First of, will I be able to use that scam email I got in my personal email account on another fake account? Or will I have to wait 'till I get a proper scam letter in my fake email?

What do you guys suggest? Smile
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello CP and welcome to 419Eater. Well Done in asking for help first, rather than diving straight in uninformed.

It is NOT recommended to respond to any scam e.mails received in a personal e.mail account. Do DELETE it.

Open a baiting account with a free provider like gmail or Hushmail. Do not use your real name in the e.mail address.

You will find plenty of e.mails in the Surplus Forum here. Just take any of these and reply as if it had been sent to you. The Lad most likely will not notice or care.

You will find lots of help in the 'Sticky' Threads in this and the 'Help, Hints and Tips' Forum.

Once you have decided to commit to ScamBaiting, you could sign up for a Mentor.

Good Luck and Enjoy your Baiting!
CyberPirate
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see, so I should absolutely exclude my personal email completely when it come to matters like this and just wait 'till the my scambait email receives some scams?

Also, a mentor? Are there people here who take people in and guide them through the process?

Sorry for the questions, I will read the stickies and prepare a little bit this winter Smile
jamarse
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Remove all mention of your real life - totally separate your RL persona and your baiting email and character. Become Schizophrenic, have multiple identities and do not confuse the two.

A mentor will go through the baiting process with you in real time (or so I believe) and guide you through.

The forum here will teach you alot, but practice and experience will be the biggest teacher!

Closed lad accounts X25
X3

United States

Sand Timer 23 months - THE F0CUS 0F GL0RY M0THERLESS H0ME
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

May I respectfully disagree with the Monsignor?

If you get a scam email in your personal account, DON'T delete it. Delete your personal information from it, then post it in Surplus and the appropriate category in Scamwarners. Having done that, if you feel like baiting it, then bait it from your baiting account. The lad won't be able to figure out which of the several baiters baiting him is which of the thousands of people he sent it to.

Once you've been baiting a while, you'll occasionally get a fresh script in your character's inbox. Again, remove the character's info and post it in Surplus and SW.

Some baiters have catchers and post some of the scripts they get in Surplus. I don't. What I get in my personal account is about what I can find time to post. Reportandie, I guess, has a totally automated process that removes his info and blowout lines, categorizes the scams, and posts them on SW. I'm not there yet. I have a script that removes my name and address. I still have to manually remove the blowout and categorize them.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@CyberPirate - it's fine to use scam Emails you receive in your RL box. Lads literally spam hundreds of thousands of their crap each day. Only thing I will advise is to leave your RL completely out of the bait. Pretend your baiting account got the Email. If you are unsure how to do this, then you might want to wait a bit and read a while.

As far as posting formats to surplus, categorizing, removing blowout lines... well all that can wait.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For emails I want to use which come to my RL accounts, I "forward" to a baiting account I want to use. From there I remove any of my RL info and go ahead with the bait. Even though I have several catcher accounts, I do not bait from there, but, again, forward to whatever baiting email account I want to use for that bait.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
CyberPirate
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for your replies! I applied for a mentor and it's gonna be fun to see how that will turn out.

I have one question though, whats with the excessive use of Western Union and Money Gram? Are they having a bad money handling policy which makes it a great service for scammers to use?
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While MG and WU are trying to some extent to keep scamming down they are cash transfer services and as such transactions are irreversible and the collector of the funds is almost impossible to trace. The onus is on the sender of the money to know what they are doing and while both companies give firm advice not to send cash to anyone you don't know personally, a well groomed victim often will.

CyberPirate
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see, well, that makes it ideal for scammers to use then.
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Yep, that's why they use it. Most WU & MG places have clear warning signs up about not sending money to strangers.

To counteract this problem the lad usually employs two tactics:

Firstly, they usually start to refer to you as friend or brother/sister early on (try not to barf when they do this). So when a victim finally gets down to WU/MG they ignore the 'don't send money to a stranger sign' because they reason to themselves 'they aren't a stranger they are a friend.'

Secondly, they tell you to keep the transaction a secret. Some lads have specifically told me what to say if asked by the cashier why you are sending the money. I have kept some lads on the phone for quite some time, on their credit of course Wink, carefully repeating to me what I'm to say if questioned Twisted Evil

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
CyberPirate
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, so they're trying to come off as "family" so you won't think twice when you see "don't send money to strangers" sign?

Also, are you talking to them on the phone? On your real phone?
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No Wink
We use anonymous or false Skype accounts or cellphones with disposable, unregistered SIMs. Skype is easier to record calls and a fair bit cheaper to call out from, the cellphone is more realistic as a victim. Some lads will request that you get on Skype. This is a plus; free calls and you can tape it easily.

4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@CyberPirate

No I have a phone I use for scambating only and an unregistered SIM card I bought in cash so no personal details can be traced back to me. On the very rare occasion I want to ring them I top up in cash.

Don't use a number you usually use in real life, you need to be in control and be able to turn the phone off whenever it suits you, you can't do this if you are using a phone your real family and friends use to contact you on. As a baiter you run the show not them, they call you when you are ready.

Plus they sometimes give your number to other scammers to have a go. And besides the security risk you wouldn't want calls all day and night from lads asking you, 'when you are going to send the money.'

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
CyberPirate
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A skype account is something I can work out, but I believe that disposable phones is something that is out of my reach. I don't think you can get a phone here in my country without signing a contract with an a phone company, so if they ask for a phone, I'll just get some skype credits or something Smile
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ In addition to Skype, I also use a K7 number, which will only take voice messages. You cannot use it to call out. If a lad gets particularly annoying (like the idiot that called my Skype line 34 times during the middle of MY night), I give them a reason that number is no longer working and put them on to the K7 number.

http://www.k7.net/

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
CyberPirate
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the support you guys give. I'm getting loads on ideas on how we can contact with the scammers without compromising my own personal information. I sure can't wit for my mentor to give me a heads up so we can begin with this.

I just hope that I can see this through, I heard there are people dropping out eventually during the process. I'll do my best though, this is exciting Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic