SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What should I do if I have a scammers information?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dellsucks2012
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This guy in Kaduna, Nigeria claims he's from England. Here is his email: [email protected]

I tricked him into visiting a website I created. So now I have his IP address. Now what?
Duffy Duck
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing much really, apart from baiting him. Sad
While you may know, with reasonable certainty, where your lad is geographically, unfortunately this isn't of much use. Even if you could prove that the lad has done something illegal, the Nigerian police isn't going to lift a finger, and if they did, where would they go? They don't have a name, just an approximate location.

Sorry to be so negative, but that's life as a baiter. Wink

"you are an idiot and a moron, who are you. why are you lying. saying you came to my office and could not locate me. you must be a bastard and your mother must have been a prostitute" Advocate Mark Johnson
"Let us not misunderstand, twist or put up a logic while I do not even know the exact thing you are talking" George Lawsson
dellsucks2012
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Duffy Duck wrote:
Nothing much really, apart from baiting him. Sad
While you may know, with reasonable certainty, where your lad is geographically, unfortunately this isn't of much use. Even if you could prove that the lad has done something illegal, the Nigerian police isn't going to lift a finger, and if they did, where would they go? They don't have a name, just an approximate location.

Sorry to be so negative, but that's life as a baiter. Wink

Thanks for letting me know. Can I make him scared though? Like can I say: "I have you information and I will turn it over to the Nigerian Police".
Duffy Duck
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First off: are you replying from your personal email? If yes, stop all correspondence immediately and make a new, anonymous email to bait him from.
Telling him you know he's a dirty scammer unfortunately isn't going to accomplish much, most likely he'll just trash your mail without reading past the first sentence. Scammers almost certainly receive a lot of trash replies in their inbox, and are not going to be scared by your calling the police on them. After all, they've probably been in the business a long time and know they can't be touched by the corrupt police of their country.

So, I'd advice you to make an anomymous email, apply for a mentor and start baiting the hell out of your lad! Twisted Evil

EDIT: the website you made, is it hosted with your personal info? Again, stay anonymous, these are criminals we are dealing with.

"you are an idiot and a moron, who are you. why are you lying. saying you came to my office and could not locate me. you must be a bastard and your mother must have been a prostitute" Advocate Mark Johnson
"Let us not misunderstand, twist or put up a logic while I do not even know the exact thing you are talking" George Lawsson
dellsucks2012
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Duffy Duck wrote:
First off: are you replying from your personal email? If yes, stop all correspondence immediately and make a new, anonymous email to bait him from.
Telling him you know he's a dirty scammer unfortunately isn't going to accomplish much, most likely he'll just trash your mail without reading past the first sentence. Scammers almost certainly receive a lot of trash replies in their inbox, and are not going to be scared by your calling the police on them. After all, they've probably been in the business a long time and know they can't be touched by the corrupt police of their country.

So, I'd advice you to make an anomymous email, apply for a mentor and start baiting the hell out of your lad! Twisted Evil

EDIT: the website you made, is it hosted with your personal info? Again, stay anonymous, these are criminals we are dealing with.

Thanks. Don't worry. My email and website is fake. I made it for the sole purpose of scam baiting. Last question, is it possible for the scammer to get my IP address from my email messages?
Duffy Duck
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Depends...
if you are using gmail, hushmail, fastmail and probably some others, then no. At least not if you are using the webmail.
However, yahoo, hotmail and others do show the IP.

However, most lads have no idea what an IP is.

vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But is it registered anonymously? If someone types "whois <example.com>", will he get your name or address, or Privacy Protect?

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The IP could well resolve to a Cyber Cafe, although Lads are increasingly using their Smartphones to e.mail. He won't really be concerned about his IP being known to you, and neither would his local Police.

Now, if you can get a scan of his legit Passport, that's quite a Trophy!
Capt. Tripps
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As others have said, an IP address is only useful insofar that it will provide a rough indication of your geographical location.
Visit http://www.iptrackeronline.com/ and see how close your IP points to you, for an idea.

Only an internet service provider has the specific details relating to an IP address - the person's actual address. As far as I know, only law enforcement officials can share this information, if the IP address is related to some sort of criminal investigation. In Nigeria, a lawless country with endemic corruption, their law enforcement agents aren't going to be bothered by some petty 419. Or if they are, they can be paid off so they no longer take an interest.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic