SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why do they pretend they're Chinese?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never understood this. I get an email using all Chinese names - business, person etc and saying he's in Hong Kong.

Why do they do this? I sometimes reply with a Chinese paragraph I've saved. They either reply in English, ignoring what I sent, or never write back at all since of course they have no idea what it means.

I can understand them saying they're in Europe or the US, but why China? Confused

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
TheProbie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can think of a few reasons. First off, quite a lot of proxies resolve to Hong Kong.

I also believe that if they're targeting people in the west (I know lads don't care where their victims are from), they'd might think they have a bigger chance pretending to be from a place far away, than from the west. Alternately, it might be an attempt at targeting people living in Asia.

best quote: I HATE MYSELF MORE EACH DAY TO REALISE THAT I FALL A VICTIM.
Closed lad accounts x2

United KingdomUnited StatesBurkina FasoGhanaCanadaSpainNigeriaGermanyIreland-x14
Closed lad accounts x5 - Charity lads
Closed lad accounts x6 x2
Easter Egg 2012
"Why will i be afraid? Even the government knows its was a result of what they did to us back then, although is not encouraging but it can't stop" - Lad answering if he's afraid of being punished
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm unsure as to whether scammers are this smart but maybe it is to do with China currently being about the only, if not the only, place in the world where the economy is growing at a significant rate. Maybe they think that this will attract people looking to make a fast buck? Just a thought, I have no evidence to prove this is the case.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I'd like to know is why a scammer who's clearly in West Africa would use an email address ending in ".jp" or ".tw" or ".cn".

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I know. These emails are usually Yahoo.cn or like Sung Lee's, .vn. I doubt the mugus know anything of world economics and most of them seem to think everyone in the world lives in the US.

What I found really funny is how "Sung Lee"'s language changed to something totally mugu-ish when I questioned his sincerity, honesty and background.
Quote:
U B REALLY DEAD GOAT NOR B UR FULT NA PERSON WHEN GIVE U DISKTOP USE

U B MUGU MAN GO LEARN HW TO READ AND WRITE

PIG DEAD GOAT NA U B.

GO DEY WASH CAR 4 CAR WASH DEM GO PAY U WELL.IDIOT

Doesn't sound very Chinese to me! Laughing

Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's quite a large number of expat West Africans in Hong Kong (usually hanging out on street corners on Nathan Road in Kowloon IMHO); of course the majority are honest, hard working decent people but regrettably there's a few lads in there too. It would make sense for these guys to pretend to be chinese if they have phones with HK dialling codes and .hk or .cn email domains.

It could also be the lads have contacts in HK who have access to bank accounts so it would make sense for them to pretend the whole business was in HK.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haven't seen Wan Qin for a while, is he still around?

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had no idea about West Africans in Hong Kong. Makes a bit more sense now. Tks sunshine.

shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another possible reason is that China has been getting very involved in Nigeria and the whole ECOWAS region for some years.

Chinese companies moving in and buying up oil and mineral resources for its growing needs. They see west Africa as an as yet untapped resource and major future market. Cheap labour and a no questions asked attitude if a few workers get smoked in the process of making money goes a long way too. Plus they speak the same language when it comes to kickbacks and backhanders.

The BBC made a few progs about it earlier in the year.

Nigerians and Ghanians were complaining bitterly about Chinese coming over and taking their jobs or starting up in competition. Though Nigerians are catching on with Chinese language schools opening up.

The programs might still be available on the BBC iPlayer.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I no longer have a link to it, but I once posted on here a lad in Nigeria, pretending to be Mr Wu of a bank in Hong Kong, Japan, and doing a mock Chinese accent.

As potential comedy gold, any lad pretending to be Chinese should be made to ring you and have his call recorded.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sunshine wrote:
It could also be the lads have contacts in HK who have access to bank accounts so it would make sense for them to pretend the whole business was in HK.

My current lad gave me 2 HK HSBC accounts linked to 2 HK Ltd companies.

Is it that they have exhausted their welcome with African/European banks and been forced to look further a field.

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
I once posted on here a lad in Nigeria, pretending to be Mr Wu of a bank in Hong Kong, Japan, and doing a mock Chinese accent.

I remember him. Laughing

He pipped the amazing crying lad, and the lad pretending to be a ladette to the number one spot of all time funnest phone calls. Very Happy

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I remember correctly, free yahoo accounts may not be used with Thunderbird or Outlook. My personal yahoo account connects to Singapore so I may integrate it with these programs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic