SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Paypal

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shoegirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received this email in my spam:
Dear Valued Member,

Unusual charges were detected by our system to a credit card linked to your PayPal account.
Due to this, access to your account has been limited temporarily.

There are activities of which an intruder tried to access your PayPal account without your
permission. To ensure greater security, we took precautions by limiting access to your account.
We have sent you an attachment that contains all the necessary steps in order to restore your
account access. Please download and open it in your browser.

(The locator for this issue is PP-216-851-480)

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this
is a security measure intended to protect you and your account. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

Well, I don't have a paypal account.

Thanks,
Shoegirl
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is a phishing email, ma'am - ideally, one would follow the link provided, fill out the information and the criminals get access to the bank account.

More often than not, the spoofed sites have trojans -it is best not to follow the links and just delete the email.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
ScamSticky
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wanted to let you know that there is a place on Paypal where you can report these fake emails and paypal follows up on them and they try to get the people who send out these emails. On Paypal, they refer to these as philshing emails. Paypal always contacts you and thanks you for reporting them. Hope this helps...
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forward the email to [email protected] so their fraud department is aware of the fake site (they will work to get it taken down), then delete the email. As Ted said, don't follow the link as it may very well lead to an unsafe site.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic