SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hi Everyone.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Secondlaw
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a long time lurker of this site and have enjoyed it over the years.

I finally decided to get someone to send me a check. The scam went like this... I posted an ad on CL for a pair of skates I had for sale. The fee was $400.00 for the skates. I received a few emails and figured what the hell... So I started the game. After confirming the scammer wanted my skates, he told me he was sending a check and asked for me to take the ad off of CL (which I did NOT because I actually want to sell the skates).

He confirmed he was sending a check. Another day went by and the scammer told me he was away on business in London and that his assistant sent the wrong amount of Money. All I had to do was send the difference.

So now I have the check and it's kinda funny. Check it out.

I removed the image of the check as it was hosted by your real business. - Connie

So now I'm thinking of telling this guy that MY ASSISTANT went away unexpectedly on business and won't be around for a few weeks to cash the check. What I'd like to know is how can I convince this guy to send me a pic?

I have another check coming on Monday to, "Harry Balzack". Can't wait to get it!
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^When you post checks, Id's and other documents you need to mark on them "FAKE". We do not want a lad to re-use them. There is also a thread for fake checks.

I hope you are not having the checks sent to your real address or one that leads back to you.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ absolutely, don't give them anything that can lead back to you. While a lad will probably never leave his home country without a lot of work, he may have friends near you who can pay you an uncomfortable visit. Equally, don't post any real life information here, just in case. Lads do show up here, although they usually just don't get it and wander off again.

That said, welcome to the Eater Very Happy I';d suggest signing up for a mentor, they can watch your back and get you started safely before you ascend to greatness and send lads into Chad and Sudan chasing shadows and lies. Enjoy!

Secondlaw
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry about the pic.

A few things... I actually did use a real address for the two checks. Hope he doesn't have any friends in my area.

Is a Post office box the right way to go or something else?

I guess I made a cardinal mistake of thinking this guy was from Kenya or wherever and wouldn't have any friends near me. What could they do? Should I just send the check back?
boofles
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe the general rule of thumb(hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong) is to either throw the check away or turn it into the authorities and ignore the lad until he goes away.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of two things comes to mind:

1) Either just ignore the lads and throw away the checks; or

2) Say that you are re-considering and no longer wish to sell the skates (if you keep up the ad, of course, that may not be so convincing) and say that you will destroy the check, but thank them for their interest.

Either way, stop communicating and they will fade away eventually. They aren't going to get mad at you if they think you are just a flake. While lads showing up to people's doors is not completely unheard of, it is a very low risk given the stakes in this type of scam. They will not waste much time on you if you just go silent.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and Welcome!

I am sure you know now to drop this guy but we do have a safe way to bait check scammers. If you get a premium membership you will have access to our drop box you can safely have lads send checks there. You still need to bait them using a made up name and email address.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Secondlaw
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the feedback.

I'd like to have some fun with this and am considering the $30.00 donation. I'd like to know about the pseudo mailing addresses. How does this work? Will I receive the mail eventually or does someone else get the mail and send me pictures of it?

My scammer sent me this email a little while ago.
Quote:
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU ASAP BECAUSE I WILL BE REPORTING THIS TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES IN THE NEXT 24HOURS IF I DONT HEAR FROM YOU.

I NEED MY WESTERN UNION TRANSFER DETAILS IIF YOU HAVE SENT MY BALANCE OVER.
Can I tell him that the check was written to my assistant and he/she was in a major car accident on the way to the bank and the car caught on fire and she died or should I just ignore all emails as suggested above?
boofles
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe the way the dropbox works is that you give the lad that address to ship to, and when it gets there you will be ntoified. Then you could have them take pics of it I guess, or pay the shipping to have it forwarded to your real address from there(which is, of course, safe).
To the best of my knowledge that's the basic premise.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Secondlaw --

I think what you should do is drop any baits you have going on right now that involve your real address/name.

Then, you can start all over with a fake persona, email address, etc. and use the Premium Drop Box to receive checks if you want. As noted above, any checks or other documentation will be mailed there and you have the option of either getting it forwarded to you (if you really need to touch it), or just get a scan.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely drop him. These people are not only scamming, dangerous criminals, but sometimes murderers.

Personally, if a scammer had my address I would never contact him again for any reason whatsoever.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Scammedout. No way no how do I want a scammer having my real life information. Never, ever.

Drop him and learn to be safe by reading the topics on this site.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Lawrence Tonjon
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What they said. Drop him, just ignore any contact from him and he'll soon find someone else to bother.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

boofles and JMRazor gave you good information about the drop box. If you have any questions about using it, please PM me as I handle the drop box. It is a safe way to receive mail. Actually I think some premium members even use the address even if they are not going to receive snail mail or packages as it can be verified as a real address (that is if a lad actually does a google search).

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
alan
Not quite a Newb!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To anyone reading this thread

NEVER EVER TRY TO CASH THE CHEQUE!!!
At the very least you will piss off your bank as it will be a forgery,
but you could be prosecuted for fraud. (Seriously)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When any fake checks come to the drop box, they are immediately marked FAKE, and either scanned to the baiter or sent email, but they are always marked in BIG letter FAKE across them. We are not taking any chances with cashing or depositing.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic