SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Forum Lurkers - Speak Out!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose like any forum, Eater has those members who observe but do not comment. They are referred to as "lurkers", bestowing a slightly creepy moniker on what is a completely innocent behavior. After all, they're not hurting anyone!

But baiting is very much a participatory sport ("Hey, look at what I did!" "How can I get the lad to send me a picture?" "Help me nail this lad!" etc.) and Eater caters to the performance artist in us all. But the "lurkers" just ... watch. We have members who have been here for 3+ years, visit regularly, and never ... say ... a ... word.

Well, I want to hear your stories. Break your vows of silence and tell us why you "lurk". After all, you are human too (You are, right?!?). Why did you join Eater and why do you come back, day after day, only to watch from your slightly darkened corner of the forum? What has been your favorite bait to silently read? Who are some of the characters here that keep you logging on? Who is your favorite hammer wielding mod?? Let your inner dialogue out into the open. Make this your FIRST post! Smile

And by the way, I will not be surprised if this thread has no responses. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^I second this. Often it is that 1st post that is the most difficult. I myself was a lurker for some time before becoming a member, and then for a little longer until I felt comfortable introducing myself. I am so glad I did though. After a crappy day it's great to be able to come here, read a few threads, post a couple of comments, and feel a bit better about things. It's a great little community.

So come on, say hello! We won't bite. Well, some of us might, but only if asked nicely and that's a chargeable service... Wink

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ah yeah
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Think of it as a 12 step group.

For instance, once Cougar's post above would have actually read:

Quote:
I myself was a <strike>lurker</strike>stalker for some time before becoming a member

You've come a long way, ma'am....and we're proud of you! Wink Laughing

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ever thought that some people just may shy ????

Some forums I go to (and no they are not x-rated) I dont post anything

Though I agree would be nice to here from the baiters who are a wee bit shy... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Listen all you postwhores -- you are scaring away these "shy" members with all your posting. Now be quiet! Cool

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ted - I don't know what you mean! Wink

*whispers* Sorry Razor!

*gives a small wave to lurkers* Sorry! All yours!

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or some people may simply not be comfortable writing in English - I'm a member of a few non-English forums where I only read, never post.

"you are an idiot and a moron, who are you. why are you lying. saying you came to my office and could not locate me. you must be a bastard and your mother must have been a prostitute" Advocate Mark Johnson
"Let us not misunderstand, twist or put up a logic while I do not even know the exact thing you are talking" George Lawsson
zzz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I second this. Sometimes I just prefer to remain silent than write something short. English is not my native language so when I can't find the right words or phrase I just refrain myself from posting.

"WHERE DID YOU LEARN THOSE CUT AND JOIN ENGLISH, WOW! IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. CAN YOU MAKE A LINE OF GOOD GRAMMAR?"

"You email has been received and from my understanding your email is not well understood."
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I lurk more often than I post (Although I prefer to think of it as skulking). Since I am fairly new around here I didn't think I'd get slapped around for being a bit of a whore so here we go...Actually I don't have anything interesting to add really. Sorry about that. Oh yeah going to a Labor Day Party in a bit at "The Cave". There will be Smoked Laker, Deep Fried Turkey and some Goose Sausages compliments of yours truly. The ensuing Hangover should be spectacular to say the least. Crap that reminds me, I work Sunday and Monday! Oh well I gotta make sure this years crop of Students are taken care of....okay I'm done.

Have a great weekend everyone!

PS - If work is slow tomorrow, I will begin posting a fine Bait for your viewing pleasure.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I must confess that quite often i come to just look to see what has been posted, if i have something of intrest to add to a post then i post.

Quite a few times, i have a thought (it happens, now and again Laughing ) that my post is not going to improve this thread and is just going to make me look foolish.

Like me i sometimes feel foolish posting and it does not help when you have idiot members who make annoying remarks about your post, so everybody can see.

Perhaps an idea based on the mentor system would be that any lurker if they want to post in the forum could send their post to a member who posts often, the member could check the post and then post it in the forum, on behalf of the lurker.

Until the lurker feels that they can post by themselves without any further help.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, I wonder....

Maybe Lurkers could post in their native languages and then post an English version if not just a Google Translate one.

Myself, I'd like to see some non-english posts that are translated as best they can just to maybe learn new ideas.

(That'll be two more cents please)

Just for fun a Google Translate into German:

Hmmm, ich frage mich ....

Vielleicht Lurkers konnte in ihrer Muttersprache zu schreiben und dann posten eine englische Version, wenn nicht nur ein Google Translate ein.

Myself, würde Ich mag einige Nicht-Englisch-Beiträge, die übersetzt, so gut sie nur können vielleicht lernen, neue Ideen zu sehen.

(Das wird zwei weitere Cent bitte)
Redacted
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find baiting quite interesting. The stuff that comes up here is often amusing, ie the guy who makes lads get tattoos of bison. I would try it myself if it weren't for all the security risks.
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^There are risks, but if you follow the guidelines and BaitSafe (TM) they become minimal to non-existant.

Is there a specific risk/security issue that worries you? If so tell us, we may be able to work around it. Smile

A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I lurked in this forum for a year before I chimed in. It took me that long to figure out all of the intrigue, subplots, backstabbing, and pecking order.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^You have that all worked out? In just a year?? Shocked
Could you drop me the details in a pm?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I only post when I am naked Cool

(only a joke, it's Saturday night and I've been on the piss!)

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cougar wrote:
^You have that all worked out? In just a year?? Shocked
Could you drop me the details in a pm?

It all became clear after I reread Shakespeare's Richard III. Wink

It also helps to have a graduate degree in Political Science.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in love at first sight..I jumped in the pool and found the water fine.

My suggestions for someone interested in posting, but finding it hard, would be PM'ing a MOD.

They are very kind to us newbs... Wink

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to admit one long gone Mod put me off posting too often, but I loved lurking just to read his next sarcastic, poison dipped, stream of vitriol directed at somebody who hadn't read the stickie, posted off the thread topic, or was just a wally in general.

Now they're all gone soft and cuddly, (well, not all of them) and it's like the Welcome Waggon rolling up as soon as you get the curtains pulled.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
margory
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right now I'm more lurking than participating.
Basically has to do with RL and other hobby that took up a lot of time. I really need to get back 'in the mood' for baiting again. Just too funny to stay away.
Very Happy
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They told me it was: 'Free beer and pizza for life going to any lurkers that sign up and post today!' when I put my head above the parapet all those years ago.

Shame I didn't notice the *Subject to conditions part of the offer in the small print.

Sent in the photos as requested and never heard back. Confused

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Walter Mitty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did someone say lurker?

Ok, I'll break my vow of silence. I first found my way here after reading a post on another forum about people getting scammers to pose for photos with fish on their heads and other strange things. So I found Eater, joined up and had a good laugh, I posted a few times after I joined and I did a bit of baiting for 5 or 6 months until rl caught up with me. I really enjoy reading the safari baits, I have a look at the Hector and Shorty threads most times I'm on here. The Joe safari was the bait that probably got me hooked and kept me coming back. Whatever happened to Rumbero?

I do tell myself that I should post every now and then, and tell people that I enjoy their work, but I'm probably just lazier than most of the lads, and never get around to it.

My fingers are cramping up, I'm going back under my rock now.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Walter Mitty!! I've seen you lurking and have been waiting for you to post since I was modded, four years ago! Laughing
Welcome to the forum. Please do post more often. Wink

To all lurkers: Just because some members are very chatty, it doesn't mean their comments are more valuable. The more of us posting and contributing, the stronger scambaiting and Eater are. Please join in!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice sentiment JMR. Hello to all lurkers may your shadows be ever dark. Of course feel free to come out from time to time and say hi.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic