SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scambaiting on air

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
zzz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This morning I was listening to London's Heart radio station. I was not in the room when the conversation I am writing about began, so I missed who was talking over the phone to a man having deep African accent. The conversation got my attention and I immediately recognised some well known patterns, like "OK, OK, write me an email please." - yeah, it seemed there was some sort of scambaiting going on, so I'll name the other participant in the conversation with the Aftican accent "the lad". But the man phoning from the radio (will name him "the baiter") insisted to give his details over the phone to the lad, starting with his name - "Natalie West", but friends called him "NatWest". It was amusing that the lad only asked about the name, address, gender, but the baiter asked "Do you want my bank account details?", which confused the lad at first, then he agreed and.. the fun continued. There was some heavy traffic noise coming from the lad's side of the line and eventually he hang up, so I suppose the baiter caught the lad in a car.

It appears that this scambait has been on schedule and not ad-hoc as I initially thought:

http://www.heart.co.uk/london/on-air/breakfast/meet-jk-and-lucy/

"WHERE DID YOU LEARN THOSE CUT AND JOIN ENGLISH, WOW! IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. CAN YOU MAKE A LINE OF GOOD GRAMMAR?"

"You email has been received and from my understanding your email is not well understood."
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Typical jokey approach that any morning radio show would do. Not even sure it rises to the level of "baiting". I am sure they got a good giggle over how witty they were. Rolling Eyes

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
zzz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, totally agree with this - they've only mentioned about the "annoying" nature of the scam emails lending in their inbox. So it was far from "baiting", I should have used something else for topic name Wink

"WHERE DID YOU LEARN THOSE CUT AND JOIN ENGLISH, WOW! IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. CAN YOU MAKE A LINE OF GOOD GRAMMAR?"

"You email has been received and from my understanding your email is not well understood."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic