SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lance Armstrong likely to lose his 7 Tour de France titles

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As some of you may already have read, Lance Armstrong is very likely to be convicted for doping and lose all of his Tour de France titles.

I normally couldn't care less about cycling and professional 'sport' events, but a Swiss newsportal has a quite interesting explanation why this is so:

The title of 1999 would go to Alex Zülle (Switzerland), who (along with his entire Festina team) was barred from the TdF in 1998 for doping. Next in line would be Fernando Escartin (Spain), who was never officially convicted for doping, but had been a good long-term customer of infamous doping doctor Michele Ferrari.

The titles of 2000, 2001 and 2003 would go to Jan Ullrich (Germany), who was barred in 2006 and lost his title from 2005 for his involvement in the doping scandal around Eufemiano Fuentes.

The title of 2002 would go to Joseba Beloki (Spain), member of the Liberty Seguro team that was excluded from the TdF in 2006 for doping.
The second in line for the 2002 title would be Raimondas Rumsas, whose wife was arrested during the 2002 TdF for driving a car full of illegal performance-enhancing drugs, and who was excluded from the 2003 Giro d'Italia for, wait for it, doping.

The title of 2004 would go to Andreas Klöden (Germany), who's been accused of doping by several former team members. Ivan Basso (Italy), next in line for the title, was barred in 2006 and 2007 for - you guessed it - doping.

If the title of 2005 doesn't go to the runners-up Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich (already excluded for doping), the next in line would be Francisco Mancebo (Spain), who was excluded from the TdF in 2006 in the wake of the Fuentes scandal.

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK I think I followed that correctly.

So by my reckoning that means that the 2005 Tour de France title will now be awarded to Pebble, my pet Dartmoor pony?

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They'll be awarding all the wins to Eddy Merckx at this rate.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually...

Sorry, Pebble. Looks like my pet tortoise was faster.

conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I demand a dope test on that tortoise Shocked

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. That's quite an interesting summary, Bankster. Shocked Is there any professional bike racer who isn't under a cloud of suspicion? I don't follow it so I had no idea quite how far this evidently reached.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ is there any professional athlete who isn't under a cloud of suspicion? Even golfer and F1 driver, if you consider those as sports.

The simple fact is that it is impossible for a human being to bike 200 kilometers trough mountains without doping, or run the 100 meters under 10 seconds

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cycling is relatively clean now. Part of that is down to the furore that's surrounded Armstrong - the doping agencies went into over-drive looking for cheats.

It seems that they've done a good job too. If you take a look at the different stages on this years TdF, the times for different parts of those stages (ie: heading up mountains or on the flats) correspond with what non-doped cyclists should be turning out. Once you're juiced, it's very hard to copy those timings. Very, very difficult, if not impossible. As it's such a long race, a juicer would have to be very consistent and not screw up those timings or he'd be caught.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Yeah, and an even better measure is watt. The watt numbers (basically how much power a rider transfers to the bicycle) of the 10 best riders on each stage of this years TdF corresponds more with numbers from before the mid nineties, when EPO was the big thing, than with watt numbers from riders such as Riis, Ullrich, Armstrong, Basso, etc from the EPO era. An indication that the riders are cleaner than they used to be.

That being said - cycling has always been ridden with doping scandals, even before the EPO era. There was plenty of doping scandals in the 80's, and if you go further back, the riders took sh*t like amphetamine mixed with port, and other weird potions. In the 1960 Olympics, Danish rider Knud Enemark died during the 100 kilometer team time trial. The autopsy revealed amphetamine in his blood. And even before then, they used other and even more nasty stuff

I doubt that we will ever see a TdF without a doping scandal or two.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)

Last edited by TheDane on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ never forget Tom Simpson, who died climbing the Mount Ventoux from heat stroke and sever dehydration due to amphetamines

the thing is that doping will always be ahead of it's detection

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
amen. - reverend
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do I have to give my sticker back? The AMD sticker was put on there by the factory too.

This is supposed to be the same set up as the road bike Lance used from 2004 to 2007 except he replaced the triple chain ring with a double to get down to the 15 pound limit. You don't need 30 speeds when you are on EPO.

I can do 200 km rides in a peleton and keep up at speed until the group goes up a sustained incline. I've got a 100 mile ride with 5,000 feet of vertical next month and will climb 5,000 feet on the bike tomorrow. We start at 2 P.M. and I've been told to bring lights so I can expect at least a 5 hour ride.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ nice bike! How much does it weight?

nighttime at 7 PM? Where do you live?

amen. - reverend
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The bike without pedals and cages was 15.5 pounds. I've added Utegra pedals and carbon cages so maybe over 16 pounds before the water, inflator, spare CO2, spare tube, patches, food, tools, batteries and lights.

Where am I? At Concepts College of course!

Back to the topic-

"Belgian Eddy Merckx, who won five Tours and who is quite possibly the most accomplished cyclist in history, tested positive for banned substances three times (though one of the substances was later removed from the banned list) and was expelled from the 1969 Giro D’Italia, a race he was leading after 16 stages."

When I bought this bike I already had a lighter bike that had been used for Olympic qualifications. The problem was that it had the two chain ring deal for weight and a short arm Dura ace derailleur for reduced weight and wind resistance. Oh and it hurt my butt.

I was looking at Greg Lemond's beautiful blue and gold Zurich steel bike but it suddenly became totally unavailable when Greg accused Lance of doping. The Trek Medone in Armstrong Team Discovery Channel blue that I bought instead went from $300 above MSRP with a three month waiting list to less than the cost of the components on it, take it now please, we will install pedals and the cleats on your shoes for free.

I was amazed what doping accusations do to the retail price of bikes.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I was under the impression these bikes could be lifted from the ground with the palm of your hand and almost no strenght at all. Isn't 16 pounds too heavy?

amen. - reverend
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
200 km

Evil or Very Mad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
200 km

Thumbs up

Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
Connie L. Gus wrote:
200 km

Evil or Very Mad

thats about 5 million yanch or whatever weird kind of measurements you use over there

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ A bit like the dollar, huh? Laughing

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jim Morrison wrote:
^^ I was under the impression these bikes could be lifted from the ground with the palm of your hand and almost no strenght at all. Isn't 16 pounds too heavy?

I've not got the documentation but I remember a guy named Jalabert that showed up to the TdF with an aluminum bike that weighted 6.4 Kgs (14 pounds in PF units). The frame was 800 grams and had to be changed after every stage. The TdF people said this was crazy and set the limit at 6.8 Kgs or 15 pounds. Lance did win the TdF that year (until he got caught) with a 14.5 pound bike that had down tube shifters and a boron fiber construction.

I won't have to give up my bike sticker because Contador won the TdF in 2007 on a Madone. He didn't get caught for doping until 2010.

I've noticed that my bike is about average on rides. I've lifted up bikes onto the support vehicles after rides and noticed that some are shocking light and others are heavier. I've also noticed that the cost of the bikes are not weight related but based upon branding and marketing. I ride with a guy that has $7,000 and $13,000 bikes that are both heavier than mine.

Over the years and due to the miles and possibly crashes, I'm getting close to the end of the service life of my frame. The local Trek dealer will honor the lifetime frame guarantee but I have to pay for the labor for component swapping and a deductible. I can get a complete 14.7 pound bike with no name for the same out of pocket cost but I won't. I'll problably get a slightly heavier bike but with electric shifting.

Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ electric shifting? That sounds like a nightmare with water, sand and mud. I imagine that is only available for road bikes.

amen. - reverend
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Madone 6 Series is race-bike royalty, with its legacy of 9 Tour de France wins.

Wonder when they change that?

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jim Morrison wrote:
^^ electric shifting? That sounds like a nightmare with water, sand and mud. I imagine that is only available for road bikes.

I've heard that they have it for XC and now for DH bikes.
http://dirt.mpora.com/news/shimano-electronic-shifting.html

I've got a Shimano XTR shifter set on my mountain bike and it seems to work just fine even though the gear ratio is much larger than my road bike's Dura Ace. I think its because of the ergonomics of having thumb shifting instead of at the fingertips. I've tried the electronic/electric shifting and it just works. Moving the chain up the cassette is as hard as moving down.

@JMRazor- I was stunned at the pricing. Who would pay those kinds of prices, and over a thousand dollars more for special colors for a bike that does not even have Dura Ace parts on it? I got my first Trek when a friend of mine, a rider for the American team in the Munich Olympics, and a writer for a bicycle magazine told me to get a new hand made American no name bike with investment cast lugs for $421 dollars. Umm. thinking back, that must have been a lot of money because the credit card company needed me to call them before they would approve the charge but it was a whole lot less than the big name bikes.

My mountain bike is a no name but it has remote shocks, full suspension, hydraulic brakes and XTR shifters. My wife's bike was used, has no name at all as the tubes were sanded down for weight by the previous owner, weighs 15 pound with pedals and cost us $75. The owner asked for $65 and I could not/ would not make change.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic