SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yahoo mail scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just received this in my Yahoo spambox. Baiters will recognise it as a scam or Trojan malware but I don't see any way to bait its senders. Does no harm to pass the word anyway

To:undisclosed-recipients
Your two incoming mails were placed on pending status due to the recent upgrade to our database,
In order to receive the messages Click here to login and wait for responds from Yahoo.
We apologies for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Regards, Yahoo Group.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in Spam, please kindly move it to inbox.

Send the money and stop this dragging thing you engaging yourself with the bank - Mrs Rose after 80+ emails

I WAS LIKE A LAUGHING STOCK IN MONEY GRAM OFFICE TODAY..I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN - Barrister Bediako after four trips

The UN diplomat feel so embaranced going to Money Gram twice without receiving any money from Money Gram - Prince Zulusofola

You could have made the payment but you go turning a rev. Sister like me ups and downs forgetting that God is watching you - Sister Mary, charity scammer

He called himself Satan Gomer, is that name not evil? May God protect me and my work from him - Scammer Patrick meets Gomer, the Demon Dollar-chopper
El Capitan Borracho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure what other people do, but I always just delete those. I get plenty of scam emails in which I can easily identify the scam and the ones like you are describing I just ignore.

Somebody else might have something else for you on this though.
georob
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had them from .mail and .gmail admin. It's just a phishing attempt. Delete and ignore.

YOUR ARE A FOOL STUPID MAN SO THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN GOD WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU I CAUSED YOU IN THE NAME GOD. YOU WILL REMAIN A FOOL FOREVER

whit God all tin's are possible.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup, phishing for passwords. You can try reporting it to Yahoo, for all the good that will do you.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Tollers
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No need to quote the entire post just above yours -- JMR

Just joined to respond to this.

Was this mail from an actual @yahoo.co.uk address? In the OP it just shows @co.uk.

If the former, I'll report it to our mail abuse team. If the latter, I'd guess it's out of our control really, but I'll still forward it on.

I'm a yahoo search guy, not mail, but we do care.

Tollers
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tollers wrote:
I'm a yahoo search guy, not mail, but we do care.

wow! Hi Tollers, the Googlebots never talk to us.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Tollers
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No need to quote the entire post just above yours -- JMR

LOL. We do our best, but when you have billions of free customers, personal outreach can be tough. I only really replied because this site makes me chuckle! I'm even on vacation right now :p

More constructively. Don't underestimate the power of marking mails as spam in your inbox. When you do that it helps tune our machine learning algorithms to detect and help protect others from such phishing scams.

Tollers
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Tollers ... thanks for coming back. The mail came

I normally report bank scams by forwarding whole message inc. headers but Yahoo would not allow this though I tried the help sections. The only way seems to be marking the message as spam and I've done this. I posted here simply to spread the word although of course there's millions of these phishers.

Rather I used to report bank scams but the reporting facility has been withdrawn and replaced by Action Fraud or something. Once a quick forwarding was enough, now they want a captcha before five or six pages of box-ticking ... I wonder anyone can be bothered with this administrator's masterpiece, because I can't. Crying or Very sad

Send the money and stop this dragging thing you engaging yourself with the bank - Mrs Rose after 80+ emails

I WAS LIKE A LAUGHING STOCK IN MONEY GRAM OFFICE TODAY..I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN - Barrister Bediako after four trips

The UN diplomat feel so embaranced going to Money Gram twice without receiving any money from Money Gram - Prince Zulusofola

You could have made the payment but you go turning a rev. Sister like me ups and downs forgetting that God is watching you - Sister Mary, charity scammer

He called himself Satan Gomer, is that name not evil? May God protect me and my work from him - Scammer Patrick meets Gomer, the Demon Dollar-chopper
piecrust
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

? [email protected] ?
Hmmm.

Quote:
Queried whois.nic.uk with "co.uk"...

Error for "co.uk".

This domain cannot be registered because it contravenes the Nominet UK
naming rules. The reason is:
the domain name contains too few parts.

WHOIS lookup made at 02:50:11 16-Aug-2012

Personally, I'd be quite happy to never receive another mail spoofed from a non-existent domain ever again. Wink

You would look good in Gold
Never use windows auto-fill again, use something much more secure like lastpass for free.

"I am a man of hing reputation." - Loan lad Billy Hord.
"don't even think of given me that crap that you are Deaf and dump or my line is cut off , i don't have a phone please don't.." - Loan lad Billy Hord. (Having been baited to hell)
Scambay Terr
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phishing attempts are often spoofed to appear to come from non-existent domain addresses, because they don't want you to reply to their email, nor do they want to be reported to their mail server. All they need is for folks to go to their spoofed website and think they are signing into their bank, or Yahoo, or whatever.

There is no baiting to be done here.

Quote:
wow! Hi Tollers, the Googlebots never talk to us.

Wow! from me too. And the googleoids are too busy fawning over the emperor's new clothes to talk to anybody outside the plex.

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
LOL. We do our best, but when you have billions of free customers, personal outreach can be tough. I only really replied because this site makes me chuckle! I'm even on vacation right now :p

Help us understand how your reporting system works, and how to get a message to a live person on your abuse team who is not on vacation?

It would be very appreciated.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do have a question: Does anyone know how common it is for lads to try and phish your email? Or is it a 'service' they (hopefully) have to pay extra for?

I ask because I had a lad try and phish my account once (he had been contacted by a 'third party' Twisted Evil and warned to stay away from 'their' maga), the lad first insisted that I change my email address, then he demanded my password. When I refused, I suddenly got two phishing emails. Then I opened a new account (to keep the bait going) and sure enough, *that* one was immediately phished. It's the only bait I've had so far where I knew 100% that the phishing attempt was directly involved with a bait.

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^RS, did you use the same password for the new accounts? Or was it a predictable one that the lad could guess? Do you have a mentor?

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@TheFae
1. I used a different password for the new account

2. It was not predictable (ie. 12345, password, etc.)

3. My mentor already graduated me Razz

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rattlesnake wrote:
I do have a question: Does anyone know how common it is for lads to try and phish your email?

I've had it quite a few times. The same static IP address as the lad has gives it away a bit! In these cases, the lad just set up another Yahoo or Gmail address with some sort of name like 'account.services@' or 'verify_youremailaddress@' and expected my character to reply to the email with his or her password etc.

Sometimes it was due to a fear of dollar-chopping; sometimes, I assume, it was to check that my character was (a) legitimate and worth pursuing; and (b) wasn't promising money to any other lad too; and sometimes (when the lad is on the verge of giving up on my character) it may just be that the lad wanted to steal the account to send out some 'Help, I've been mugged' mails to his or her contacts, or to use the account for mass-mailing his first format, so that his own account isn't at risk of being closed down should any of the recipients complain.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I was hoping you'd come by! bow_down

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Tollers, thanks for your help Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic