SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first scambait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Basil_Fawlty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Been getting quite a few of these emails recently, and after reading up here on best things to do have got my first catch. Thanks for the advice on what to do, and not what to do it's much appreciated.

Got the usual email, been left millions by someone abroad I have never met, I replied back as a rather senile pensioner based on Basil Fawlty who remembers the late Engr. Fiorentino Ramos as he used to be a Colonel and stay in his hotel in the 70's and that me and Sybil were very sad to hear about his death.

On his second email from the lad's new barrister character he's asked me for ID and address etc, I have added <passport.jpg> to the bottom of the email to annoy him a bit and asked him for identification also as I don't recall meeting. Haven't given any contact details or addresses as yet.

I'm going to play it as though I don't remember certain things, by repeating myself in emails, and going to send him random stuff like shopping lists, hospital test results, eBirthday cards which should be going to Basil's daughter in law and see how long I can test his patience for.

Ideally would like to send him or his contacts to Torquay, or Monaco where I say me and Sybil have retired too. But understand it takes time to take them on a roadtrip.

Apologies to anyone who has or is using Fawlty currently or in the past.

B Fawlty.

Last edited by Basil_Fawlty on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent. That's a great way to play it. Makes for all sorts of fun having the lad repeat things over and over and over...

And don't worry about copying baiter modalities -- imitation being the best form of flattery and all. We all do it in one way or another.

Good luck and feel free to ask for a mentor.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Ray
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Basil
I am currently baiting my first lad. Been at it daily for just over a month now. sounds like you are on the right track with wasting this lads time. My endgame is to have the lads character convert to my church with rituals and a pilgrimage. I also try to be realistic and am happy having just wasted his time. My reading of the forums suggest that a lad gullible enough to participate in a public ritual, or go on a safari is not particularly common.

So far my favorite tactic has been to make him be my unwilling penpal. I can write a 300 word letter to him in under 5 minutes and I can only imagine the stress an ESL person would have responding to each. Each of my characters(2 so far) has a regular correspondance with each of his characters. This is due to the fundraising "We" are doing in order to send $7000 for his sons surgery.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic