SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wasting A Scammer's Day

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
andrewsband
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just found this 419eater site, and I am very pleased with how cleanly it's put together.

Today, a friend was visiting, and we got a phone call from the typical Western Union "send me money scam". I am in the music business so I happened to be on vacation, and had plenty of time and patience to waste.

My thinking is, the more time I can waste of these scammers, the less time they can devote to scamming people.

I already wrote about the whole experience on my blog, and posted videos of the experience. I promise I'm not trying to get backlinks, I just literally wrote about the whole experience already, and hope you will find it entertaining.

We are hoping some people might join in, to obtain more names/countries where they have their victims wire money to, so we can report that information to the FBI and Western Union.

http://andrewsband.com/2012/07/25/how-to-waste-a-scammers-day/

Happy baiting!

Andrew

[UPDATE: This is my first time on here, and as I peruse this site, I realize how careful this community is, and I respect all the precautions you take for security. I admit I may have not approached this in the safest way, but now that I know about this place I will certainly try to learn all I can from the more experienced members on here. After all, I didn't go out searching for this scammer, they contacted me. Thanks for having this site. -Respectfully]
MuzunguTheHuntress
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, Andrew.

I do disagree with one of your points
Quote:
they can’t hurt you by having your number.

with $20usd & your phone number - I can get your home address from the same outfit that I use to check out potential employees ... - even with a cell phone number. Maybe your manager gets the bills at his place, instead - so I'll end up with his address - and eventually it'll lead to yours.

Please - bait safe. Just 'cause you're hangin' in N'ville doesn't mean these creepazoids don't have friends there. Posting it on your personal space pretty much guarantees they don't even need to spend the $20 to know who & where you are.

btw .. very Chapinesque.

Anderson: ask the Doc if my perfect sperm can make you pregnant and i wont fail. (to my character's recent surgery - a hysterectomy.)
'abeg' challenged "David Nelson", worlds most inept romance lad: se u won dey abuse me ni?? (from english to laddish in 2.5 seconds.)
Easter Egg 2012 Closed lad accounts x8 Mc Fry
Scambay Terr
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What Muzungu said.

I strongly recommend not posting baits on a site that identifies you (or has a link to your FB page) - scammers do visit anti-scam and baiting sites, often by googling names or other details used in baits. (This is why fake religious orders, one of my favourite m.o.'s, have a limited useful lifespan once published.)

I keep my baiting blog completely separate and isolated from my other blogs, to prevent the possibility that scammers who stumble upon it will find their way to my more personal content.

My baiting blog was recently visited by a scammer I had been baiting, and the exit link was to my baiting blog's FB page, which is why I don't even publicly like or share the page's content on my own FB.

Be careful. As dumb as they are at times, scammers are criminals.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic