SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

new craiglist scam House cleaner wanted

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cleanerscmmed
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its crazy how original these people can get and yet how stupid they are. They make huge mistakes that tip people off.

I am humiliated to admit that I originally was unaware that this was a scam. It looked like a normal ad.

Here's my story.

THE AD:

We are in need of someone to help us in cleaning our new aparment, If you are interested please kindly reply back to the ads for consideration.

My thought:
I knew the english was a bit odd and was already sending tiny warning signals like i'd seen it before...but desperation breeds foolihness...

I replied to the ad and got the following email:
Hello,
Am sorry for responding late to your mail, I have been out internet for some days. Am Robert and My wife's name is Linda, she's 5 months pregnant and this is her first baby. We are relocating to the City from The Scotland,I will be coming there to work on contract basis with United States Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work So i need someone who could help in cleaning my apartment everyday. I will be offering you $20/hr, i will be needing your services from for two hours at any suitable time of yours throughout the days of the week i hope two hours is enough is clean a 3 bedroom house with one master bedroom and two standard size rooms, with One Living room and a kitchen as well.

I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and hard working person,Our arrival date would be Dec 12, You will start working on same day.You will help us to clean the apartment in the morning of our arrival date,I will tell the estate agent to mail the keys to the apartment to you so that you can be able to clean it on the 12th before we arrive.

I want know if there's any equipment that you will need me to provide, if there's any let me know how much it will cost, I will be spending about 2yrs for the contract job, so i will be needing your services for that time as well if am satisfied with the services you rendered. We have a financier that is based in the states and he will be handling the payment and some other expenses, so he will be the one that will be taking care of your the payment, I will instruct him to pay for the first two weeks before my arrival so as to secure your service, actually i should have paid for more weeks but i will extend the payment if am satisfy with your service after the two weeks.

So my financier would be needing the following Information to make out the check:
Name to be on Check
Address
City
State
Zip code
Phone number
Did you accept my offer?

I know you will be committed to the work,You will also have a nice period of working with us. I will be waiting to hear from you
Thanks

Now here is where I was stupid. My gut said that it was a bit weird but as I have had almost no experience with scams (just the lottery ones) and really needed the cleaning job I did give my address.

They replied back saying where the apartment was located and this is when I became very suspicious. The address they gave was right in my same complex....what are the odds to me that was their first mistake.

Their second was sending me a check remitted by a Richard brown and not a Robert Rich.

The check was for 3800 and I know that I am an optimistic person but even I know that there is no way that someone will pay nearly 4,000 for 2 weeks of light cleaning. No one that would be living in my apartments any ways.

their final email so far...
Hello,

I'm happy to inform you that the Check is already on it's way to you via FedEx Overnight Delivery Service that will be delivered to you this morning.

I'm making use of this opportunity to let you know what are the necessary things to be done, I want you to proceed immediately you got the check to your bank. As soon as it cleared, you are to deduct $500 and Help me get the rest wire via Western Union Money Transfer to the Traveling Agent So that our ticket can be booked.

Here is the Payment Information of the Traveling Agent :-

Name: Holly Mc Kenzie
Address: 430 S Main Street
City: Red Bluff
State: CA
Zip Code: 96080

I want you to get back to me with the Transfer Details as soon as you got it done so that i can get it across to the Traveling Agent ASAP.

Hope to read from you,
Cheers.

The adress is for a coffee shop in CALIfornia and the phone number is not in service.

The moment I got the check I knew that a demands for funds would be forthcoming. I was prepared with my answer.

I am sad to inform you that the check your agent sent to me was not accepted by my bank. The host bank declared it fraudulent. I was really looking forward to this opportunity. I think your agent has scammed you. Her address is really to a coffee shop and the phone number is not in service. I hope you have ways of tracking her and that she has not taken your money and run! You should be more careful who you trust. I have also learned from this experience. If you would like the check back (though its worthless) please send your name and address and phone number.

I have found another position and will be unable to clean your apartment.

Funny enough I am more upset that there will be no ongoing employment than that I am in possesion of a fake cashier's check. Obviously I never cashed it.

Sure enough the IP address of these people comes up as being in Nigeria although the check was sent DHL overnight from California. Is there a way FHL could look up who sent this?

At least I am wiser now.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's no reason to be feel ashamed about this. After all, you did spot it in time to avoid being $3300 out of pocket, and possibly in trouble for passing a bogus check.
Many people do fall for it completely.
Quote:
Is there a way FHL could look up who sent this?

One of the mods may be able to help with this. It's quite likely that a check mule sent you the check, not a scammer.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just goes to show, scammers will target anyone. Evil or Very Mad

As Mr. Tambourine Man said, if the check came from California, it probably came from a mule. Sometimes these people are aware they are doing something illegal, sometimes they are not. In either case, it is worth reporting to the police. If the sender is being duped, early intervention may save them big problems down the road. If they know what is going on, they deserve big problems.

Well done for spotting the scam. Any job that involves receiving checks and sending money via Western Union is a scam. I hope you find a better job; one that won't leave you in debt, and in legal trouble.

bikefast
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for posting information regarding 'Holly Mc Kenzie'. I too was ALMOST scammed by this person.

Here is my story....
I was trying to rent an apartment and this person, 'Steve Roland' contacted me about it. He was going to send me a check for rent and deposit, $1350. The check came in for $9800!!! The person wanted me to send a Money Gram ASAP to the following 'Furniture Rental Company'

Name: Holly Mc Kenzie
Address : 845 Main Street,
City: Red Bluff
State: CA
Zip Code: 96080
Fax Number : 206 309 0160
Name of the Furniture Company : Barnes Fruniture

As soon as the check arrived, it finally set in that I had been falling for a scam. The check came via FedEx from California. The check was from Cesna Aircraft Company in Kansas, and the bank was in New York. I contacted 'Steve Roland' and told him that the bank would not take his check, and not to contact me again.

I know "if its too good to be true, it is'. I was just hopeful in renting my apartment. I am sad to that this person was even trying to scam during the holidays! I guess theives don't take a holiday break like the rest of us.

I want to thank Cleanerscmmed for her first post about 'Holy Mc Kenzie'. When I looked up that name in Google, this forum was the first to come up! It definitely stopped me in my tracks and gave me an idea of how to proceed next! Happy Holidays to all of you GOOD people!!!
22cirda
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well if they are sending these checks via FedEx and the like, then they are having to pay good money to send them. So I guess everytime they send one, and the person doesn't fall for it, it costs them money, right?
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Unfortunately, that's not true. Generally these people are involved in multiple scams, and are either involved in obtaining or have purchased stolen credit cards and/or shipping account numbers from other scammers. The shipping will either be paid for with a stolen credit card, or an innocent third party's business or personal shipping company account has been used. But if you have the shipping info and LE or the shipping company is willing to follow up, there is always a chance that the account they are using can be flagged and shut down (if it hasn't already).

But every person who doesn't fall for the scam means a bit of wasted time for the scammers and one less potential victim in the future.

BTW--welcome to eater!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you so much for posting this, I found an ad on craigslist.com - replied to it, and got this email.

Am Larry Anderson and My wife' s name is Sarah Anderson, she's 5 months pregnant and this is her first baby. We are relocating to the City from The Scotland, I will be coming to there to work on contract basis with United States Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work So i need someone who could help me take care of house by doing some house work while am off to work. Someone that will also help in running some errands. I will be offering you $550 weekly, i will be needing your services from for three hours at any suitable time of yours , Mondays through Fridays.

I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and good person, We have a financier that is based in the states and he will be handling the payment and some other expenses, so he will be the one that will be taking care of your the payment, I will instruct him to pay for the first weeks before my arrival so as to secure your service, actually i should have paid for more weeks but i will extend the payment if am satisfy with your service after the first week.

My financier will be making out a check to you before my arrival, you will be receiving a check of $ 3, 300 out which you will deducting your pay for the first week and you will be using the remaining to buy foodstuffs and other things needed in the house ,you will getting this foodstuff on the day of our arrival which is April 12 2009. Actually all flights from the United Kingdom arrives at nights so you will be getting the foodstuff in the morning and making all other preparations. I will also instruct my estate agent to mail the keys of the apartment to you so that you can do all other necessary preparations before we arrive,I will also email you the shopping list.

You have to get all this shopping before our arrival so that we wont have to start running around when we arrive, So my financier would be needing the following Informatio n to make out the check

Name to be on Check
Address
City
State
Zip code
Phone number
Did you accept my offer ?

All i need from you is total hones ty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work, You will also have a nice period of working with my wife.

I will be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks

As you can tell - Almost identical to yours - yes the English is a little better, but still. I was so excited about the offer and called my best friend. He researched the email which is ([email protected]) - and a few other things and nothing popped up - then he searched Scotland Cleaning Scam - and found this. I would like to hope I wouldn't have fallen for it - but who knows. Now I'm sad because what I thought was a great opportunity is a scam... but because of you I for sure didn't fall for it, Thanks again. It seemed so real - they even took the add off of craigs list. So what should I do? confront him about the fraud or pretend like it never happened?[b]
[/b]
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't confront him about the fraud, and definitely don't point out anything that made you suspicious. We don't want scammers to learn from their mistakes and improve their scams. Just tell him that you have taken another job and move on.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi scv2006 and welcome to 419eater. One of the best aspects of this site is that sometimes we can actually help people to avoid being scammed. Not all email scams are reported online however so if you're in doubt about another offer that sounds too good to be true and you can't find that solid piece of evidence to confirm a scam here or elsewhere. Please head over to our sister site scamwarners.com and post the details there.

Also a big thank you to Cleanerscmmed for posting the original scam details. You have saved another person from being scammed.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for posting this, I was just offered the same job in Dallas, TX with a little bit different story and a different name. Here is the info.

I came across a job in the Dallas job section on Craigslist and I knew it was too good to be true so I did research and sure enough I found out that the same exact message, with other names had been used to try to scam other people. This posting is what I found. Thank God for gut instinct and google!

First off, it sounded too good to be true, then he said apartment and later told me it was a house. Then he said he wanted me to take the money and then send a portion back. I googled it immediately. Here are the emails that were sent:
He is in green and I am in indigo. Oh and the first message starts from the bottom.

Hello Erika,

Thank you its good to read back from you my wife also send her greetings to you there with your contact to make the PAYCHECK to and thanks for considering yourself for our assistant may the Lord help you as well .This is the a little description about the house and location. You can let me know if i will add money for you because i don't want to inconvenient you on anything and i want you to be happy with us and make everything set before our arrival to the house.

Below is the address of our home that you will be cleaning:

4501 LN
DALLAS, TX 75205

I hope everything is fine and in Good health. I think I have already stated our arrival date in my previous email,and which is 7th of this (August) . Though, to be candid, I must let you know that we haven't yet got our tickets from the traveling agent,but they have rest assured us of our tickets,as soon as I get their own funds get across to them. So, will you be kind enough as to be of help and get their own share wire to the travel agent there ,as soon as the financier mail you the check this week?
So,they could process and get everything done for us before of August 7th. Note,I would be compensating you reasonably,besides your weekly $350 for any inconveniences and running around I might put you into, just count on me. Now, I will like to know if we can proceed,and while I get back to you with the PAYCHECK Packages tracking number for the payment package arriving on next week.Please, I would needyour agreement over what have said above,before the financier make out the payment to you. As we need to be time cautious,on our side here.Warmest

Regards

Michael & Mrs Christiana Thomas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 05:38:16 -0700
Subject: Re: Cleaning / Job Description Response Needed
To: [email protected]

I will be happy to accept the offer. I will tell you a little more about myself. My name is Erika and I am married to Shaun. We have a 16 month old daughter as well. We are currently living in Arlington. 3 hours should be enough to clean a 3 bedroom. As far as equipment, I would say just general house cleaning supplies. Cleaning chemicals, vacuum, broom/mop, any other general house cleaning supplies. I could probably pick up a few things with the 2 week payment I am to receive to clean before your family arrives. I will also need the address to your new home. My address now is:
XXXXXXXX
Arlington, TX

My phone number is prepaid.

Thank you so much for this offer. It is greatly appreciated and much needed right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:25:14 PM
Subject: Cleaning / Job Description Response Needed

Hi ,

I have gone through your resume.i am glad to tell you that i am okay with your resume/interest as regards the Cleaner job,also for accepting the offer.I have contacted my wife concerning the job and for other purpose which she might need you for,which she told me is okay by her,i believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself a reliable and good person.Am Michael Thomas and am happily married to a lovely wife Mrs Christiana , We have two kids ages 10yrs ,6yrs and we are expecting another baby because my wife is pregnant now. We are relocating to the City from The Scotland, I will be coming there to work on contract basis with United States Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work So We need someone who could help in clea ning our new apartment everyday.You will be working 3 hour everyday at your convinient time and we will be offering you $350 Weekly, i hope 3 hours is enough is clean a 3 bedroom house with one master bedroom and two standard size rooms, with One Living room and a kitchen as well. I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and hard working person,Our arrival date would be 7th August of this month. You will start working on same day.You will help us to clean the apartment in the morning of our arrival date,I will tell the estate agent to mail the keys to the apartment to you so
that you can be able to clean it on the day before we arrive. I want know if there's any equipment that you will need me to provide, if there's any let me know how much it will cost, I will be spending about 2yrs for the contract job, so we will be needing
your services for that time as well if am satisfied with the services you rendered. We have a financier that is based in the states and he will be handling the payment and some other expenses, so he will be the one that will be taking care of your the
payment, I will instruct him to pay for the first two weeks before our arrival so as to secure your service, actually i should have paid for more weeks but i Will extend the payment if am satisfy with your service after the two weeks. So my financier would be
needing the following Information to make out th e check

Name to be on Check:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Phone numbers:
Did you accept our offer?

I know you will be committed to the work,You will also have a nice period of working with us and you are welcome to our family , I will be waiting to hear from you
Regards

Michael & Christiana Thomas.

Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 18:59:51 -0700
Subject: cleaning job
To: [email protected]

I am interested in the job posting on craigslist for the house cleaner. Could you give me more details such as location and how many hours you would need me?

I feel so bad because I believed this. I contacted craigslist as well and let them know exactly what I just posted.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kryptonite wrote:

I feel so bad because I believed this.

There's absolutely no reason to. The advert is often too short to be detected as a scam. Later you spotted the indications that it was a scam, researched it on the Internet, and arrived here. Well done.
Many people fall for scams. You didn't.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
gwennygwengwen
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just received the same scam Rolling Eyes I have baited the lad and asked several times for the same info just to get him going. He does want my address to send this 'check'. I do have a PO Box already, is it advisable to give him that info so I can receive this bogus check??????
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"I do have a PO Box already, is it advisable to give him that info so I can receive this bogus check??????"

No, especially not if it is tied to your real life information. Even that information (while it may not seem damaging or dangerous to you) can, will, and has been used to convince others to 'believe' them.

If it is not tied/traceable to you in real life, and you plan to do baiting, then someone else (more qualified than me) will assist/advise you on how.

more qualified than me because i specialize in website corrections and not baiting Wink

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
crintopher
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The latest name these morons are using is Brent Williams........ the email is [email protected]. Posting was taken off of craigs list 2 days ago by my girlfriend and I. Oddly enuff.......... Brent does private contract work for the E P A as well......... coincidence??
The check was going to be for 2950 and we were to "deduct 350 for our valuable services" and wire the rest to his travel agent. If the check does come i will scan it and post it in pdf colour format for all to enjoy.
jbabb
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine was from "Smith Baker" - [email protected]

same story - pregnant wife, EPA contract, coming from Scotland.
syntia19
**Spammer**

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see it's a quite frequent story...
I've received <spam link removed - spot> almost the same one Rolling Eyes
raero
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

THANK GOD for the internet.

I had gotten the scam email from a man named George Williams and I had replied and gotten as far as the "I will notify you once my client issue the payment and have it mailed out to you" part..

THEN I got another email from a different cleaning position I applied for on craigslist..low and behold it was almost the EXACT SAME EMAIL. Only the names and locations had changed.

I googled the scam and here I am! Thankfully, I emailed George Williams back and refused to take the "job" so I came out unscathed..

But is there anyone who didn't catch the scam in time? I wonder what I would have went through if I hadn't gotten that second email..
jennfirefly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

raero wrote:
THANK GOD for the internet.

I had gotten the scam email from a man named George Williams and I had replied and gotten as far as the "I will notify you once my client issue the payment and have it mailed out to you" part..

THEN I got another email from a different cleaning position I applied for on craigslist..low and behold it was almost the EXACT SAME EMAIL. Only the names and locations had changed.

I googled the scam and here I am! Thankfully, I emailed George Williams back and refused to take the "job" so I came out unscathed..

But is there anyone who didn't catch the scam in time? I wonder what I would have went through if I hadn't gotten that second email..

Sadly, my husband and I just fell for it COMPLETELY. I knew it was fishy and I kept telling my hubby that something was "off". He thought I was just being paranoid. I wish I had found this site a few days sooner. We are wondering why the bank gave my hubby the money and then 1 hr later called and said it was a bad check? What could have happened in one HOUR that changed. I know my hubby feels so mad and stupid. I hope he doesnt go to jail Shocked He is at the bank now, then we are going to the police. The good thing is that the scammer doesnt know that we are on to him and send us ANOTHER bad check that we are going to take to the police. Any help would be appreciated as to what may happen with my hubby now. I know we are going to have to pay the bank back but what about criminal charges? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^As you can see the fake checks and money orders look real. Bank tellers can not tell on the spot whether the check was fake so they cashed it. That is one reason the scammer wants you to cash the check and send the over payment by western union as quickly as possible. In your case you learned in one hour. Hopefully, you did not send any money by western union or money gram. If so, you may have a chance to pick it back up if the receiver has not picked it up.

As too your husband. He will have to explain things to the bank as you have done here. Keep and print your email conversations along with headers.

Please post the email headers here also removing your personal information.

Also please visit Scamwarners a sister site for victims. http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/index.php

Post you dealing with the scammer there to help other possible victims.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
jennfirefly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He actually did wire the money to them the first time (On Sat.) I know he feels terrible. I will def check out the sister site. When he gets home I will copy and paste the emails and all that. I am so mad and upset at both the scammer and myself. I really should have stuck with my gut. I knew it was too good to be true! Thank you for the info and the quick reply. I will keep you posted.
jennfirefly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Toomuchfun wrote:
^^As you can see the fake checks and money orders look real. Bank tellers can not tell on the spot whether the check was fake so they cashed it.

My hubby actually deposited it a week ago and it took a week to "clear". I just dont understand how they didnt know in that week that it was fraudulant but they knew an hour after we withdrew money from that account.
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^pm sent.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

jennfirefly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, toomuchfun!

Here is the original message and email of the scammer.

To:
Subject: Re: Cleaning job
Sent: Sun, Jun 24, 2012 11:12:04 AM

Hello,

I got your email regarding your interest in the cleaning job. My Name is George Williams and my wife's name is Jane with our daughter Rhonda. We are relocating to your neighborhood from Rochester. I recently got a contract with UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY on a private research job with minimum of six months contract and there's possibility of extending the contract. However, I need someone who will help me to take care of the house by doing some house work while me and my wife are off to work. Someone that will also help in running some errands

I will be offering you $350 weekly payment, i will be needing your services for 6 hours at any suitable time of yours, Tuesday and Saturday. If you believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable, responsible and good person, I have a financier that is based in the States and he will be handling the payment and some other expenses. I will instruct him to pay for the first week before our arrival so as to secure your service.

Our arrival date would be on the July 12, 2012, You will help us to clean the apartment in the morning or a day before our arrival date, My financier will be making out the payment to you before our arrival, I will instruct the Landlord to mail the keys and description to the house to you as soon as I get in contact with him and so also when the renovations has been completed and other paperwork's so that you can do all other necessary preparations before we arrive.

If this employment opportunity is acceptable to you, kindly get back to me ASAP with the information below required and further proceedings to take place:

Full name to be on the check:
Contact Address: (No P.O. Box)
Apt #:
Zip Code:
Home & Cell numbers :
Available hours:

All I need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work, You will also have a nice period of time working with my wife and daughter. I will be waiting to hear from you ASAP

Regards,

Mr George Williams For the Family
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Posting headers for jennfirefly:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Quote:
From George Williams
X-Apparently-To: via 68.180.197.63; Jul 2012 10:11:11 -0700
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: pass (domain of gmail.com designates 209.85.213.52 as permitted sender)
ciBieSBub3cuS2luZGx5IGdvIGFoZWFkIGFuZCBjaGVjayB5b3VyIGFjY291
bnQgc3RhdHVzIG9ubGluZS5BY3R1YWxseSB0aGUgbGlzdCBvZiBncm9jZXJp
ZXMgwqB3YXMgc3VwcG9zZWQgdG8gYmUgbW9yZSB0aGFuIHRoYXQsIEkgZXZl
biB3YW50ZWQgeW91IHRvIGdldCBhIGxpc3Qgb2YgwqBtYXRlcmlhbHMgYXMg
d2VsbCBidXQgdGhhdCBpcyBub3QgcG9zc2libGUgbm93LiBIYQEwAQEBAQN0
ZXh0L3BsYWluAwMwAgN0ZXh0L2h0bWwDAzE2
X-YMailISG: vET3r_gWLDs0KpfvfZVd7Qi1hjmEBsYv675R9Xza1Fb4aThJ
R43ArDqAuvV.xMx.xqrAKmVa898g_yjE.8Q4uGg_UzPwKxrURAQTYDuobScN
2hgOIL2hEf6IksLr06ryVYEa64V3ZMsBPdoXx4rQhfjGcX51_qYmftgjU0Y5
Pcq5omMU1fOwcGS_3ZD2vhTZu0flQqcQyES06CbUH4W5BcxaUFUPMlZDQmTt
T2J09yswu.tumU5IF_RA.LyGwcCXuaCWnfis8hkITxsBZO8zQE68ZzsbbXY0
omDkPyCNvjIwA7Z23TYfN7QqTfub38ClCb1C9aoQZhKNga2ecPjHzlkc8O4i
UM0pBpOy09WpbZ5v6qzbMXgsI0HUtdY0kaY.qG.RVmoRkGARI65h1M7NqTad
gXCcb55_y2HocUzjlZPE8l_B0s485uVgcyoMCpBygf0wr7YzcwcX2ROypz7Z
f3osRuTh0tYfZR9UkS1xl2gcvOVLjI8zCv6Oy8zoYCNMV38d2dkZmr.UsM1F
ZCajqR8xoPjo62JJnLh0tSq0Orey5UMKavLAtpNeiBvMqGTD2sQEL_qRXDIn
1szPiBU4LIk54KJEk2raqfAuU5sljDl9FkP7OncWeSTPevxcjPo6RpuAakzb
J9c1b3KYLQIK.vJNlb8mCGAlPziC3k3fER1U6mGt3Z8qN7Tb92MTcAOg66Cu
hmCYoDPwXsBxNp_B6yz7x1W5TL7Lu.dSMPVVwQZlNEBJMmWTI.tMohvF7JlD
iXf5k2V2fw4RLmlZznVaGj.NJ4A1izdJZinMiEYRjeRbB6rUvrqoCxFQFS.D
lNKjOMCcRmSNVH2GaK_nDJWQKSrnznnA6ioJ5YQR._VsAJ1XU3do057xvxLd
NiPxn8AqNb5V_BbHfk54DRymqfJW2ILx0ifa020_aPkJXA89HnZ4bdkfLNSs
2Q_mRQN90aMBYqASoXimv1NihBx7XqV.8B_yyeqfzvrbFXzHGtyGWVz9DTgi
8R_Gcw32U1EX7RByx0feYESByNG0adLwrZRmPAcKjHR0nhPGrHaqqV6cOotc
C4MyfjPKBOk6jsz.KjD5fPpc5j..X9jLQCZB7Dhgesuk2YZs5wxUfkaDOpEC
gO0J.Ey0fKEPcGCN476Hp.SBYfxBUE4Tyut08IuPesqXt3dPwnlxmon5VU2D
INSkSYnS6nl4yzULu8NEQSgRze9H6C_HZo4ZoKBCqrofYPaIC1FBO4C0b0kh
a9PrEjxGuloXrsb95PCZ10cUFExfYx3g6bC2HwTiAoWwu8p43bMcpyzjE8qG
Z4lByYiWCwk.6h3QbxCu1LnXwFm0ZF9OMwBNOfRhZ9evQQMkWL0TcNsqSG9x
WA.nV5Di_0F0F_RXZYWXSXUyEZdh
X-Originating-IP: [209.85.213.52]
Authentication-Results: mta1309.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=gmail.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=gmail.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO mail-yw0-f52.google.com) (209.85.213.52)
by mta1309.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:11:10 -0700
Received: by mail-yw0-f52.google.com with SMTP id p61so1687080yhp.11
for ; Jul 2012 10:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:reply-to:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id
:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=lCkJFqStBkqtUQEkSqMuHllyOAR9WLj7NBJZn+2eJyw=;
b=xZtStypLppB7CKjmkoDnU62y6mNrdNCpHLjFdEDxQfnvOR78lYZFD3FoSZIkvv/OAT
/hHYpRMI5y+K9hBitrdLSn3ZOFdjGc+ayOE7PlJUsEvKHPvTCSLbxZ8DCiPvK0bOeQgV
Xh5ItKizw4lLBDpY5c4hCksmMvYMZYe1CrIbHZ0xs9IJqWDxzdaWnPyJkf7k/AFoWh3J
Zd8qA5sKdyYpQYgRkYmGbxTW5PdT/2Y4unMAK/tm3JURdcEY0JrTPEz4sh7wctWJJ8UF
7YGdmZfIjeotbNOAAkhpVWumgHaSCoc/lFPCbCOsZL7NTqemroNsJfnB9j4iIdQZfAaK
e1Cw==
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.60.22.201 with SMTP id g9mr51072566oef.8.1342026670533; Wed,
11 Jul 2012 10:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
Reply-To: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
Received: by 10.76.0.166 with HTTP; Jul 2012 10:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Jul 2012 18:11:10 +0100
X-Google-Sender-Auth: IIICd7Wr6MAFhnxufNVZYope2pU
Message-ID: <CAHXkatZPpJyn47QkrrijXYkvmXYEEBiQ6ynbWs2FFCk-i3nhaA@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: NEW DEVELOPMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS........................KINDLY TREAT
AS URGENT
To: Removed
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=e89a8fb1ed4af9ed7304c490ee7d
Content-Length: 27089

Whip Jack Boot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic