SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another Avenue for Scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cmusty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I recently found another avenue in Australia that scammers are using to get personal details.

My wife and I are selling allot of our stuff on an Australian selling website called gumtree.com.au and as part of their process you can advertise you mobile phone number. (listings are free and they make money by allowing you to manipulate where your listing appears on the list for a fee).

Scammers then get your number and send a text (that you cannot reply to) stating something like "I would like to have more informations about your sales I can offer good monies if availablility still good please send email to [email protected]"

If you send an email most people have information in their signatures that will allow the scam email to get past spam blockers.

I just received an email recently from a scammer with my full name in the title.

So beware people, scammers spend all day figuring out how to trick people.

I AM JUST SO DISPPOINTED IN YOUR EMAIL TO ME, EVER SINCE I WAS BORN I HAVE NEVER BEEN INSULTED THE WAY YOU INSULTED ME
Get used to it biatch!

This business is 100% risk free. Hence it requires high level of confidence.
Yes...

Closed lad accounts - My first mugu account (tingly)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic