SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cobblers to the Olympics!!!!!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lord L Puss
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I one of the people who can barely summon the energy to give a toss about the whole Olympic shindig?

I shall be very glad when the whole bloody business is over and done with!!!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Same here. For one thing, I'm not much of a sports freak, and when I am, I usually just watch ice hockey championships, hardly any athletics and the like...

At least I don't live in London or anywhere nearby, so I can peacefully not give a damn.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Lord L Puss
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I work for a company near the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. The arena is holding some of the football tournament games. These begin BEFORE the official opening ceremony and only last week there were huge signs put up on the road (A444) near the arena telling drivers to avoid the areas from the 12th of July to the 9th of August. Nobody at the Olympics seems to understand (or care) that people have to go to work in the geographical areas near the arena or use the A444 to get to and from work in other places.

Furthermore, I saw signs on the M1 motorway, telling people to plan ahead for travel disruption the games would cause. I saw those signs in May, a whole 10 weeks before the games open.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah sorry to hear that.

Well, I can totally picture this feeling and why you just want it to end already.
Like I said, thank god, they'll probably never have Olympics in here. Very Happy

I mean, even if I loved watching olympics, after having to deal with traffic jams on daily basis, I'd probably hate it by that point too.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Juan's hidden fries!
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You lot are lucky, try living over here in the east, we are about 70 miles north of Stratford, we have updates on our local television news each night, teams are based here locally, and events are taking place in the region, one team even had the torch relay, visit the venue where they are training, they will have to use our roads as well as the spectators, to get to and from the various venue's as well as Stratford.
Our roads and rail lines all lead up to London and there is no way around for the regular travellers, they are going to have to put up with it.

Has anybody else had this feeling for the Olympics, locally there seems to be a feeling that something horrible is going to happen, they don't know what is going to happen, its just a feeling.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Well, I myself have read lot of stuff online, regarding huge olympic bombings by Illuminati and who-knows-what, you know conspiracy theories and whatnot....

If you enter that in the Google, I'm sure you gonna get plenty of stuff.
So that might be the source of the local fear/paranoia, I think.

Juan's hidden fries!
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2 things spring to mind about the Olympics.

1st it will do nothing for my area (east central scotland), no legacy whatsoever, all it seems to have done is drained monetary resources from the lottery fund, which could have gone to (I think) more deserving endeavours.

and

2nd if they do have to bring a plane down with one of their fast jets or missile launchers, what kind of carnage is that going to cause in London?

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't say I've heard anything untoward about the games, other than the usual conspiracy theory alarmism that any such event can (unfortunately) expect to attract. But then i've not really been paying attention to Olympic news. Laughing We had the torch relay come to us a few weeks back. Whoopee. Road closures and traffic jams at hometime when roads are busy anyway. What a bunch of hooey.

I'm aware that Londoners are peed off with the road planning and closures of lanes specifically for Olympians. JClarkson made a good point on Twitter - 1 lane of a dual carriageway given over to several thousand olympians. Several million Londoners have to make do with the other. Rolling Eyes

I just hope all the investment leads to something positive, and not the biggest money-pit of the century. It did good things for Barcelona didn't it? Maybe we need a hologram Freddie Mercury at the opening ceremony. I'd watch that. Very Happy

Quote:
if they do have to bring a plane down with one of their fast jets or missile launchers, what kind of carnage is that going to cause in London?
Where does British airspace begin? Would hope they could intercede before it hits London area. Or if not, 'powers that be' may be forced to decide it would cause less damage not to intercede... then deal with the aftermath and international furore... Sad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Would hope they could intercede before it hits London area. Or if not, 'powers that be' may be forced to decide it would cause less damage not to intercede... then deal with the aftermath and international furore...

As far as I can make out the inner restricted airspace is about 30 square miles of central London and the outer restricted area is most of south east England.

However the rapier and starstreak missiles deployed only have a range of around 7 miles. The maths don't add up Confused

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

conga22 wrote:
However the rapier and starstreak missiles deployed only have a range of around 7 miles. The maths don't add up Confused

It's worse than you think... the actual range is not seven miles but seven kilometres.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ not too much of a problem. If they do shoot down a plane and it crashes into Hackney or Tower Hamlets it'll make millions of pounds worth of improvements.

My real beef with the whole olympics is this sort of nonsense:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/britain-flooded-with-brand-police-to-protect-sponsors-7945436.html

Quote:
Wearing purple caps and tops, the experts in trading and advertising working for the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) are heading the biggest brand protection operation staged in the UK. Under legislation specially introduced for the London Games, they have the right to enter shops and offices and bring court action with fines of up to £20,000.

Olympics organisers have warned businesses that during London 2012 their advertising should not include a list of banned words, including "gold", "silver" and "bronze", "summer", "sponsors" and "London".

Publicans have been advised that blackboards advertising live TV coverage must not refer to beer brands or brewers without an Olympics deal, while caterers and restaurateurs have been told not to advertise dishes that could be construed as having an association with the event.

At the 40 Olympics venues, 800 retailers have been banned from serving chips to avoid infringing fast-food rights secured by McDonald's.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Oh ffs, that's just stupid. Since when do McCrap's have the monopoly on chips? Actually that's wrong, they don't make chips, they only do 'fries'. I guess if you want proper chips, don't go to the olympics. And how can they ban words? Bronze, gold, summer - I can see a few tanning salons being annoyed!

Speaking of advertising, I really hate the fact that Proctor & Gamble (P&G) were chosen as the main sponsor. I personally boycott their products, as they have one of the WORST track records for uneccesary/unethical animal testing, and unfortunately show no signs of changing their ways.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd love to see the enforcement of some of those restricted words.

Get your new shiney 24Ct yellowish coloured soft metal ring. Also available in a grey but shiny metal that's a little harder and less expensive.

What are you planning for your new warmer month when school is out between spring and autumn holiday?

On a plus note I guess retailers will also be forbidden from serving inedible crap to avoid infringing on Mcdonalds monopoly on that. Should be some good eats around! Very Happy

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guess one of our local restauranteurs will have to change the name of the dish he has prepared for the Olympians which will feature our local wild seafood.

Many things related to the Olympics are causing problems.

In our country it is the Ralph Lauren styled American uniforms. It has been uncovered that they were made in China.

Complaints have been made and senators are introducing legislation requiring all future Olympic uniforms be made in the USA. The Senate Majority Leader wants new uniforms made quickly in the US for the Summer Games. Ralph Lauren has promised American-made uniforms for the 2014 Winter games.

The China piled on calling the US hypocritical about the US complaining about the Made in China uniforms.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ THAT'S IT: OLYMPICS CANCELLED: ALL OF YOU JUST GO BACK HOME NOW. Rolling Eyes I try my hardest to brighten up your otherwise dull lives with the glamour of the Olympic Spectacular and all you can do is whine and moan. SHAME ON YOU ALL.

Lord Sebastian Coe

firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Around here the biggest problem seems to be that the olympic volunteers are having too much sex amongst themselves, and becoming impatient for the arrival of media representatives, athletes and support crews in order to widen the, ahem, action pool. Grindr in particular is going crazy (or so I've heard).

I've also seen quite a few of the official olympic vehicles taking wrong turns into residential areas with complicated one-way systems, then taking a while to get out while the neighbourhood youths jeer.

and unfortunately the schmaltzy coverage of our UK Olympic Heroes (TM) is beginning to rival coverage I recall from my youth in the U!S!A! Not sure if this is because the oh-lympics are on home soil, or just because we are setting ourselves up for failure even more than usual.

Anyway I am looking forward to any travel misery, increase in confused tourist crowds, increase in petty crime, olympic administrative problems, outrageous sponsor monopolies etc as this all will create a welcome change in conversational topics which are 100% about the poor weather so far this summer.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

firehouse5 wrote:

Anyway I am looking forward to any travel misery, increase in confused tourist crowds, increase in petty crime

you moving to Liverpool then?

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grindr says "no"

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rather watch PAINT DRY.............. Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Screw all of you whiners...Olympics RULE!! Laughing

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only watch big events on the off-chance that there will be a major terrorist attack.

If at least 4 planes aren't shot down during the 100 metres final, I shall be really disappointed.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic