SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Where to get a photo?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dhs200
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I'm trying my first love bait and 'she' has asked for a photo. Where can I get one from which will be legit?

DHS
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A much better question could be, "How many different ways can I come up with to delay giving a scamming POS a picture he can reuse on another victim?"

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
justwhistle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course you could use a photo of someone famous but in an unusual shot, it will give the game away if the scammer reuses it....

'cook and bull story' & 'I'm beginning to think you're only fun fooling me' - Doni boi
'You big fool think you know IP, I cold be anywear' - dave
'Well am very confused about the hole thing
darling' - Paul
I,m very disappointed on you - David Donald
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would encourage those of you who believe that using a 'well-known celebrity' will prevent an ID from being used in the future to please read this helpful sticky - it is geared towards passports and IDs, but the concept is still the same:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209233

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

while I do have pics I sometimes use to light a fire under a lads ass, here's a trick I've used many times that can really annoy a lad:

If you're using windows, do a search for a file named .dll There are heaps, and find one just under the attachment limit of your email provider. COPY the .dll file and paste it somewhere you can find it easily.

the right click on the .dll and rename it to something like passport.jpg

attach as normal and send to your lad. If he's keen he'll try open it an get nothing. he'll write back and say he can't see it. then tear lad a new ass for not getting it to work "It works FINE here" you can bleat. then suggest he upgrades his operating system.

BTW in the Holocaust mass bait, I used this trick. Lad didn't even check the pic

Another trick is to send him a photo of a passport COVER. One legend in here once said tey didn't have a passport, so here's a pic of telly savalas. someone else sent a drawing of a dragon Wink

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As Tsnerd said, you never want to send ID, real or fake, to a scammer.

In most of the scams we deal with, the scammer's photo request is more of a compliance test than anything--a photo is not really necessary to the deal, and you can usually get around it. When it comes to online dating, though, exchanging photos would be a normal part of the process, so when you are baiting a romance scammer, sometimes there is no real way to get around a photo if you want the bait to last more than a couple of emails (though you always want to try to and stall first.) Also, some dating sites won't let you establish a profile without one, so if you want to hook scammers from some sites, you have to start with a photo.

What you really want to do is to is to avoid providing the scammer with fuel for their next scam. There are a few things that can help you to do that.

-Do not use a photo of a very attractive person. Try to align the photo with the scammer's target audience--middle aged, average to unattractive. If you are using it on a dating profile, the less attractive, the better, as it will reduce the odds of being approached by real people.
-Do not use a random individual's private facebook photos, etc.
-Stick with public figures or commercial-type/advertising photos. As JW suggested, minor celebrities in different photos can be used. Someone like Kathy Bates can be good, because they have deliberately made her much less attractive in some of her roles. Personally, I like to visit websites for sleazy or dangerous "miracle" weight loss products, and use a "before" photo from their advertising.
-The photo should not be large, and should not be high-quality. Slightly blurry is good.
-No matter how much the scammer pushes, do not send lots of photos of the same person. You never want to give the scammer a collection he can use.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugshots are another alternative as they are public and usually very attractive.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
username190
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have found that most of the lads I've been baiting have just moved on when I didn't send them a photo. One in particular demanded a photo in the first 3/4 emails they sent, but I just made up that I didn't have any photos on me and the lad gave up asking.
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it varies from Lad to lad. I had a romance scammer HOUND me for weeks about a pic despite the fact I'd already sent him a photo of International chrysis.

He still hounds me for a phone call btw

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
swiss_cheese
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually use a young David Duchovny. I look for a pic that is similar to an average photo size and send it. I also make sure to rename the pics to something like me-and-sis or something or me12.

I don't send fake government IDs or passports. I tell them my scanner is broken/ex wife broke it/I don't have a passport/my picture is really bad/I can't figure out how to use it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic