SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What type of scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kepler11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I am fairly new and don't know all the scams yet. This one has me puzzled, what would happen if I tried to receive the money? thanks Confused

Quote:
Dear Recipient,

This is to inform you that your Email address have won a you a prize money of US$500,000.00
(Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) as one of the final recipients of internate user award for the year 201

Here is the western union information for pick up USD5000.00

MTCN : *****

Total Amount to remitted to you:US$500,000.00

Fist Amount : USD5000.00,MTCN :*****
Sender's Name : Mrs *****
Text Question : Sender
Answer : Paterson
Amount : USD 5000.00

I am waiting for your call once you pick up USD5000.00,While the the balance of US$495,000.00 will follow up next
into your account.contact payment officer: Rev. Errica Davidson

Rev. Errica Davidson
[email protected]

Closed lad accounts X2

Last edited by Kepler11 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
TheProbie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This looks like a real small WU-transfer (you can't check amount online), to make the deal appear legit.

Picking it up would be pretty darn close to cash-baiting, so I would advice against it.

best quote: I HATE MYSELF MORE EACH DAY TO REALISE THAT I FALL A VICTIM.
Closed lad accounts x2

United KingdomUnited StatesBurkina FasoGhanaCanadaSpainNigeriaGermanyIreland-x14
Closed lad accounts x5 - Charity lads
Closed lad accounts x6 x2
Easter Egg 2012
"Why will i be afraid? Even the government knows its was a result of what they did to us back then, although is not encouraging but it can't stop" - Lad answering if he's afraid of being punished
Kepler11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. So you mean if I went to pick it up it would be real but maybe only $0.5? What would happen then? Would they claim they entered the wrong amount and that I have to pay them to get it transferred again? Shocked

I wasn't actually expecting it to be real (I blanked out the MTCN to stop people getting any ideas)

Closed lad accounts X2
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If that is your real name he used, you should cut him off right now! Best to be safe ahead of all else.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Kepler11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the concern, but it's not my real name. This is from the spam folder of my dedicated baiting account, I haven't even replied to it yet. the two names in the email are not connected to me or my alias.

Closed lad accounts X2
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could check it online as legit, but when you got to the store you wouldnt be able to pickup - wrong name / country etc.

When you tell him of your failure to get the money there will be a small problem, easily fixed by sending a fee. then another, etc...

If you're using a baiting account, tell him you're so rich it's not worth your while bothering about it. Then you can offer him lots of fake money to do something for you....

Anyway, congrats on being one of the 'internate user award for the year 201'
I dont suppose there many users to compete with in the year 201.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Kepler11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok thanks Roycropper , that makes sense. I'll try out the rich fat cat plan tomorrow. Cool

Closed lad accounts X2
blue-leader
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did they send you the WU-form also

If not:

Ask them to transfer it to you and ask a Site-Admin to help.

Do not do anything before anyone can confirm that this is real, otherwise you are in ited to the right and you will be seen as criminal. And before you know you stand in court

Play you're part and get the information you need to collect this money

Beware this may be a lottery scam maybe, it isnt but Beware

My doctor says I'm schizophrenic, We think not (Me, Myself and I)

Bait safe Hide you're Ass
Kepler11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for my ignorance but what form do you mean? Is it one that allows me to receive a payment or send them a payment?

I still haven't actually replied yet, I might leave it to the professionals.

Closed lad accounts X2
blue-leader
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kepler11 wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but what form do you mean? Is it one that allows me to receive a payment or send them a payment?

I still haven't actually replied yet, I might leave it to the professionals.

Youre here to become a Professional yourself (or NOT) Every beginning is difficult but not impossible
I can go to explain what I mean but, there are mentors for you can request a Mentor who helps you with these bait, they are experienced to help Newbies like us

The Mentor Program here>http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

My doctor says I'm schizophrenic, We think not (Me, Myself and I)

Bait safe Hide you're Ass
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roy's on the money here - the transfer will exist but be small and some problem (eg the secret Q and A, or senders name, or country, or collectors name) will prevent you from picking it up - but by that point the lad has turned an unsolicited email into a hot lead/potential vic when you call. People who call have effectively pre-screened themselves making his life easier. He's a toad.

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As Roy explained, all the lad wants is for WU's website to show that money has been sent. It won't say how much, so you'll have to take the lads word it's for $5,000.00 and not $5.

If someone where to try to pick the money up they wouldn't be able to because, like Roy said, wrong name/wrong country etc. Actually, the transaction is more than likely placed "on hold" because the receiver's country was spelled incorrectly or something like that. Ultimately, WU will tell you to contact the sender to correct the error.

All the lad wants is for you to believe you were sent $5,000.00 so you will send him money to fix whatever the problem is. Not to mention receiving the half million.

blue-leader wrote:
Did they send you the WU-form also

If not:

Ask them to transfer it to you and ask a Site-Admin to help.

You can certainly ask for the form to bait him however there is nothing we can do with it. Any form he will send you will be fake anyway. You can however, send the MTCN and the receiver's name to a moderator so we can have WU shut the transaction down. Blue-leader's instinct it right on in that regard.

blue-leader wrote:
Do not do anything before anyone can confirm that this is real, otherwise you are in ited to the right and you will be seen as criminal. And before you know you stand in court

It's not real

blue-leader wrote:
Play you're part and get the information you need to collect this money

I think (and hope) he means to bait the lad and not to attempt to pick up money from WU.

blue-leader wrote:
Beware this may be a lottery scam maybe, it isnt but Beware

Okay... uh, it IS a lottery scam, no maybe's about it. I think perhaps we got a "lost in translation" matter. However, if you are at all considering the lottery might be real or there might be some money on the other end of the WU transaction, please speak to your mentor for guidance.

This whole lad sending a small amount of money (that can't be picked up anyway) to show a live payment on WU's website is a typical lad format. This isn't anything new.

blue-leader wrote:
I can go to explain what I mean but, there are mentors for you can request a Mentor who helps you with these bait, they are experienced to help Newbies like us

You are more than welcomed to give advice. It's something we encourage. The more the merrier. You are correct about there being mentors but the forum is still here to help people with their baits. People have different styles of baiting so it's good to get advice from different people. A mentor's role is more of guidance rather than to turn you into a mini-me. A mentor is suppose to steer you in the right direction not stick his hand into your chest and make an exact duplicate of himself Wink

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic