SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Accents

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Mrs Lakeside was born in San Antonio, all four grandparents came up from Mexico. At an early age her family moved to south Louisiana. The first thing I noticed when I met her parents, brother, and sister was that each member of the family spoke with a different accent.
Dad - the Tex-Mex patois heard on the west side of San Antonio
Mom - slight lilt of Castillian encouraged in her private all-girls Catholic school.
Sister - soft Louisiana drawl
Brother - Cajun accent he picked up from his friends who came from "out on the bayou."
Wife - easily passes for a Midwesterner except for an occasional "cain't" and "y'all."

I find the Cajun and New Orleans dialects the most fascinating.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
TownEnder
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Esox lucius wrote:
Being a West country lad

o/

West County lalala West Country lalala.

The Dutch speaking English is clearly the best accent. Always cracks me up.

" - Alison Smith
spot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My favourite accent is from an Irish Colleen with the soft accent of the South - sounds like an angel singing. <sigh>

Whereas the raised tonal inflection on the last word of a sentence of some Australians sounds like every thing they say is a question!

(Music Man has an accent I can't describe Smile )

username190
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a British accent. I love American accents, especially the Southern states accent (I can't think of the proper name!) Very Happy
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My accent seems to be a mixture of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, with a veneer of 'ull on top (unfortunately, but after 15 years living here I suppose it was bound to happen. And I've just had a 'dear god, has it really been THAT long??' moment, so thanks for that. Wink )

No problems with Geordie, thanks to family in the area - just takes a couple of phrases to get my ear in and I'm away. Plus I grew up watching 'Auf Wiedersehn, Pet' and it's sequels. Very Happy

Ah yes. Barry the brummie. Now there's an accent that's hard work. Sounds like it's being spoken through a mouth full of treacle.

I do like the gentle lilt and soft roll of a Scottish accent. As with most things though, it's a matter of extremes. At work I once had to speak with an elderly Scottish gent with a VERY thick accent. I know he was speaking English, but damned if I know what he said! Embarassed Laughing

But what about our international members? I imagine there's a big difference between the Francais spoken in Cannes and Marseilles. And how about Korea? Is there a difference between the North and South language/accents?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone told me years ago it was wise to presume anyone I meet with an American accent was Canadian.

Reason being, Americans don't really mind if anyone mistakes them for a Canadian, because they quite like them in a big brotherly sort of way. Whereas, Canadians get all uppity if confused with Americans because they treat them like their little brother.

Then Pastor Frank came along. Confused Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Two sibs from the same Mother, one more rebellious than the other...

Anyone got a accent mixer so we can figure out what Cougie sounds like? Wink Laughing

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Cougar - I don't know about French or Korean variants but I do know a little something about variants of Spanish. My wife grew up in Panama and speaks fluent Spanish and English. She says the Cuban dialect of Spanish is almost indecipherable to her. Apparently, the Cubans speak very fast and tend to drop syllables. Very confusing...

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being an Okie, when I slow it down I can lay the "redneck" on pretty thick.

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Raga Man wrote:
@Cougar - I don't know about French or Korean variants but I do know a little something about variants of Spanish. My wife grew up in Panama and speaks fluent Spanish and English. She says the Cuban dialect of Spanish is almost indecipherable to her. Apparently, the Cubans speak very fast and tend to drop syllables. Very confusing...

I remember my mother-in-law making those same complaints about the Cubans and Puerto Ricans she knew. Especially the rapid cadences. Also, some African words crept into Caribbean Spanish that aren't used in other parts of Latin America.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Other than the accent of Romance (Canadian) the Icelandic language is to die for.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Anyone got a accent mixer so we can figure out what Cougie sounds like?

Your best fantasy or your worst nightmare. Sometimes at the same time. Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Meep? Embarassed

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Anyone call?

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TownEnder wrote:
Dutch speaking English is clearly the best accent. Always cracks me up.

Happy to oblige, but I can't remember we met. Wink

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My accent changes depending on where I am and who I'm speaking to but usually my accent is a Swedish-Utahn Accent but other times it can turn slightly Aussie or British sometimes as well. So I try to keep it standard or to an "International" form of English so that most people understand me. My bad habit is that I speak too quietly when I do speak. So I try to speak up and avoid using slang when I can.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic