SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam artist being taken for a ride!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cturbo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in Sydney and had my car up for sale when I got one of those weird texts asking me to email this guy 'Peter Given' as he wanted to buy my car and have it 'shipped' to Malaysia. I replied with glee and promptly received a fake paypal email telling me of the money in my account (plus $300 of course!!) which needed to be sent back using western union. I decided to see how many stories I could make up before the scammer caught on that he was having the p**s taken out of him! I did set up a pending Western Union transfer of $3.00 so that he would remain hooked, but even I was shocked at how he didn't seem to question anything I was telling him! Anyway, enjoy!

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to Peter

Hi Peter, I have received the money, very happy with the transaction!
I will get in contact with the shipping agent, do you have a name and
phone number for him? I will talk to him today, also I don't have a
western union account, can you send me on the paypal address to send
the money to and I'll use that?

Peter Given [email protected]

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to me

You are to send the money either online via www.westernunin.com or better still go to the post office and have the money sent to the agent name and address on the confirmation email which is below,

Naventhiran Kandasamy

24, Puchong Perdana, Puchong

City: Selangor

State: Kuala Lumpur,

Zip Code: 57000

As soon as you send the money to the agent email me the MTCN and sender's name along with your address so that i can be rest assured and forward it to the agent for the pick up.

To: Peter Given <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:10 PM

Subject: Re: Payment has been made for the Car

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to Peter

Its a Saturday here so no post offices are open, plus we have Bank
holidays next Monday, Tuesday and Thursday so it will be hard to send
it that way. Can you get them to open a paypal account (as you
mentioned before it should only take a few minutes) as there are less
fees that way and I can send it online

Plus I mentioned to the shipping agent there are a few things about
the car that I would have shown you on pick up, currently it does not
have the following items:

Head gasket

Front left rear tire

Drive shaft

Front wind-shield

Axel

It can be a bit tricky to drive because of this but otherwise is fine!
Hope you are ok with this, if this is a problem let me know, also send
me on the phone number of the shipping agent please

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to me

Am aware of the condition, they only receive payment via western union you can just send the money online now at www.westernunion.com.au you just have to register and send the money online...Get the money sent right away and get back to me with the details as soon as you do.

Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:25 PM

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to Peter

I feel really bad about the car, the condition is not great, there
were a few other things that I did not mention as I thought you might
not want it and wasn't expecting such fast payment! The car drives
very erinaceous, and I can only say in lamprophony that the car is
also having problems from a head on collision with a twenty ton truck
at the weekend. The seats are quite stained in a red colour but I hope
that even with all these problems you still want to go ahead.

I will totally understand if you want to cancel the transaction so if
you do I will send the $1450 back to your paypal address, let me know
what you want to do, sorry for not telling you about the car
beforehand. On the plus side due to the condition of the car it can be
transported very easily as it is now in 17 very manageable parts.

I will sign up to western union online whilst I wait your answer, the
internet goes off in Australia later tonight for maintenance so I will
need a fast reply in order to send any money this evening.

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to me

No problem with that am no canceling it i will get it fixed when it get here, send the agent fee to the agent right away and get back to me as soon as you do.

Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:50 PM

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to Peter

Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN): 3361382563

Date of Money Transfer: 23/06/2012

My Receiver's Information

naventhiran kandasamy

24 Puchong Perdana Puchong

Selangor , Kuala Lumpur 5700

Malaysia

It says something about appearing in the next 24 hours, I can't really
read english so it is hard for me to understand. loud noises.

I have contacted the shipping agent and arranging pick up for Monday,
I could even post some of the smaller pieces if you want? Is your
postal address as the same as the one above?

Peter Given

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to me

Thanks for the details, you have to call the western union in order for them to authorized it...Kindly call them right away and get back to me as soon as you do.

Fwd: Western Union: Complete transaction

Inbox

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to Peter

Called them and confirmed transaction, should be updated at your end.

Here is the confirmation email they sent.

I was going to ask, do you drive on the other side of the road in Malaysia? I can have the steering wheel put on the other side of the car at the minute as the truck knocked it into the boot, when I'm putting it back in the front I can change the side it is on. Its a bit bent though. Sounds like you don't mind! Wondering would you be interested in a blender? I also have a bunk bed, a large panda teddy and 3 dozen bags of toe nail clippings for sale, would you interested in buying these items?

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to me

Yes i drive but for now am not interested in them....You are the one that will call them to authorize it because you will be ask your card details to verify it before it's been verified and i don't have it nor do i have the details, call them to complete the transaction.

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to Peter

I told the shipping agent that I don't have a phone at the minute, I told a fib saying that my dog ate it but what actually happened is more embarressing! My girlfriend was in bed doing her thing and got extra kinky, she put my brand new iPhone up my bum, it hasn't worked correctly since. Every time I go to make a call it makes a farting noise which is not good.

I just got a very threatening email from paypal, I don't want to get in trouble. The nearest pay phone is a 4 hour trek through the outback, and it's raining frogs at the minute, can you just take my word for it that I will phone them on Monday? Or maybe Tuesday, it is cross dressing day on Monday and the looks I get are not good

[email protected]

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to me

Just try and call them so that the transaction can be completed.

Peter

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 19:04:40 +1000

To: Peter Given<[email protected]>

Subject: Re: Fwd: Western Union: Complete transaction

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to pegiven

Hey Peter, I am a very trusting person and I would hope you are a trusting man too. Unfortunately you might have heard there was an invasion in Sydney today, its all over the news. 74 Japanese schoolgirls took over parliament house and have decreed that instead of money we are now using lollipops as the official currency in Australia. Because the phones over here are not set up to take lollies as payments i cannot make the call at present. There might be some hope if they allow polos to be used as a temporary currency but they are very angry little girls, and I can't understand a word they are saying.

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to me

Call them to complete the transaction in order to avoid legal action.

To: [email protected]

Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:19 PM

23 Jun (2 days ago)

to Peter

I cannot afford legal action, I had a unfortunate incident with a sheep last year that mean I had to pay damages to the farmer who owned it and the poor work hand that saw the 'allegation'. Got to keep the sheep though so not all bad. How about I post the cash? I have a box of lollys here that is worth $345 in today's exchange rate, I send a little extra because of all the hassle I have caused you. Plus my teeth are falling out. Damn those pesky kids.

I'm going out for a few beers and maybe a bit of cocaine, tell your lawyers to hold off charging me until I get back. Although I'm awfully bad drunk, sort of the reason the car is in such a mess. Thank feck you came along to take it off my hands Pete, I really am a menace on the road. Killed two idiot jaywalkers in the past year alone...

Last edited by cturbo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Strickland Banks
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That made me smile Very Happy

Seems like all he cared about was the WU Shocked lol
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please do not send money (even $3) via Western Union to a scammer. There are various ways that a scammer can exploit a "live" Western Union MTCN to use it on other innocent victims.

And, there are LOTS of fun ways to abuse a scammer without sending money.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As Bruin says, there's no reason at all why you should send a lad even a couple of dollars. There are far better ways to screw with them (just spend some time reading baits here for examples and ideas). And lads have been known to use live MTCNs for their own purposes in fooling real victims. There's no point in giving him ammunition, or even the idea.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
cturbo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No need to worry, I didn't send him a penny nor did I plan to! The money was sitting pending for 24 hours and is now cancelled, just wanted it to look like I was ABOUT to pay him. The only thing I gave them was as much bull crap as I could think of! They went cold for a couple of days after the last message (think they might have finally caught on I was not for real) but now they have a new guy on the case, using the same name but with a different tone and slightly better English, his first message actually stated he was worried about me! Bless!

Anyway I didn't think I could top the stories I told the first guy so I simply replied saying I'll send him the money straight away....once he confirmed the make and colour of the car he was buying off me (simple enough question for a genuine buyer I would have thought). Looks like they don't even keep a record of the advert they are trying to scam from, he hasn't been able to answer!
raven559
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i had the same thing happen. i live in geelong, victoria and i was selling furniture adn i thought this is too good to be true, but after emailing back and forth.
he was telling me i had to pay $350.00 upfront for the shipper and western union fees, i had a gut feeling, so i googled his name and address and i got to this formum .

i haven't sent any money, but i was very werry of doing so.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater and thanks for the hilarious image of a giant hedgehog at the wheel of a car!

Are you using your own email address for this? If so, please create an address you use only for baiting, with no connection to your real self.

Please stick around and try some other baiting techniques!

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
raven559
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

peter given
to me
Hello,
i wonder i have not hear from you till this moment, this is to inform you that i had issued out the payment and up to this very moment i have not hear from you regarding the shipping fee...I wonder what the delay could be and i much more believe all is well with you as i do, i want you to get the shipping fee sent to my agent via Western Union and send the information to PayPal as soon as you sent the money so that your account can be credited, let me know as soon as you sent the money.

from me
im waiting on western union to get back to me, as i have sent the money through

peter given
to me
Get back to me with the details as soon as you receive my mail so i can be rest assured that the money has been sent

peter given
to me
Hi there,
How are you today and every member of your family as i hope all is well with you, i just want to remind you of the agent fee that need to be sent to the agent because i want it to be picked hopefully at your place by this weekend after your account must have been credited. I want you to get the money sent to the agent first thing in the morning and get back to PayPal with the MTCN and sender's name as soon as you've done that so that your account can be credited before my agent come for the pick up, send me the details as well as soon as you have it sent and send me your address so i can forward it to my agent for the pick up

i haven't sent any money, and i have been warned from western union not to send anything, and Paypal doesn't hold funds transfered from a bank account, i'm not answering this guy anymore
any ideas
raven559
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

to me

Hi There,
I believe by now you must have completed the transaction on your end by sending the agent fee to the agent because i had done that on my end as well, i want you to get back to me with the MTCN and sender's name so i can be rest assured that the money has been sent.....Let me know when you will be available for the pick so i can inform my agent about that..
Gil56
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This same idiot tried to milk us of $350. We were selling a motorized scooter. Got a response to the ad too quickly. Actually there were 2 of them. Both asking us to delete the listing NOW. They would pay anything! Yeh right. Your blog just confirmed what Paypal sadly confirmed but what a belly laugh we got over your posting. Thank you for actually going to so much trouble for our enjoyment
Gil56
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We had another suspicious offer with "what is the negotiable price". Said we were firm but we would throw in a blender and 2 bags of toe nail clippings. Well that clinched the deal. He is paying with Paypal of course. Sorry to pinch your gag but it was hard to beat. He/she want some photos. Need to be creative there.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He has your RL info and won't let go for a while, might even sent you a friend to collect and as they (the collector) get part of the profit they can be very convincing depending their need for your money.
Best to stop it all,

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankyou for that!! Havnt laughed so hard in ages!! I too have just had someone claiming their daughter was coming over to study and they wanted to rent my property for her. As soon as western union was mentioned i knew something wasnt right. However the elaborate story i got from both daughter then father was quite convincing at first. There was one strange thing though. He claimed to be a marine engineer on a rig and cant access net n phone often so wanted to pay 2 months in advance. The broken english kind of led him to be un convincing if he had such a job. Oh, and i kept messaging back again and again and he seemed to reply to me strait away?? Hed asked me to send 800 to "malaysian airlines head quarters" as he didnt have a credit card "handy" off shore to pay her flight. I laughed that they would go to such lengths.
Needless to say i pretended i didnt know it was a scsm but appologised that i couldnt let her rent as i received paypal confirmation from a fake address and that id only be receiving rent money not arranging air fares.
Curious i googled address and this came up. Sooooo funny! 😂😂😂
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic