SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Not sure if this has been posted- scammers busted!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Foolofatook
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Woman, Mom Indicted For Internet Dating Scam

BRIGHTON, Colo. -- A Brighton woman and her mother have been indicted by the Colorado Attorney General's Office accused of a Nigerian Internet romance scam that duped 374 people out of more than $1 million.

According to the 20-count indictment, individuals working with the women posed as members of the U.S. military serving in Afghanistan on Internet dating sites.

After an online relationship was established, victims were asked to send money and were led to believe that the soldiers would use the money to fly back to the United States and pay other expenses.

The indictment alleges that 40-year-old Tracy Vasseur and her 72-year-old mother, Karen Vasseur, posed as military agents and accepted hundreds of wired payments sent by victims over a 3-year period.

The Vasseurs took a percentage of the stolen money and then wired the remaining money to associates in Nigeria, the Attorney General's Office said.

The Vasseurs established 20 personal and business bank accounts at 11 local banks for the purpose of laundering the stolen money, the Colorado Attorney General's Office said.

As part of the scheme, Tracy Vasseur also used a 16-year-old to fraudulently receive stolen money and then wire it to Nigeria, the Colorado Attorney General's Office said.

The victims lived throughout the United States and 40 other countries.

The indictment alleges violations of the Colorado Organized Crime Control Act, money laundering and theft.

Tracy Vasseur faces up to 205 years in prison if convicted on all counts. Karen Vasseur faces up to 172 years in prison.

The Office of the Attorney General worked in conjunction with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Brighton Police Department and the U.S. Secret Service to investigate the case and secure the indictment. The Office of the Attorney General will prosecute the case in Adams County District Court.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31206445/detail.html
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We are actually quite familiar with these mules over at scamwarners, and the daughter, Tracy, actually joined SW at one point, in an attempt to get references to her removed (we refused, as she was still an active mule and showed no signs of stopping.)

This is a big victory for the anti-scam community--these women seriously needed to be arrested. Don't let the mother's age make you feel sympathetic--she knew perfectly well what she was doing, she just didn't care. This isn't mom's only fraud case, either.

Now let's hope that a good number of those charges stick, and they get some real jail time.

Master of Master Baiters

Location: 7.2° N, 5.9° E, FL410, Heading 230, aboard Striker 419

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Part of me is hoping that is not the case with the mule I sent you info on last night, Dorothy.

"THank you so much for this update and I am very mush happy to know that the bank has conted you. Please do send them all the required informations today along with the fees as mentioned. This is to make sure that you make ahead of time."
"I only signed for your trnasfer approval due to that i want you to proof to you we dont run a scam here and we wont tolerate that words from you anymore."

Closed lad accounts x6, with thanks to James and Joseph
First site kill
United KingdomNigeriaUnited StatesSpainCambodia FlagBenin
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fortunately, most of the mules we see are basically good people who get in over their heads.

These two mules are the exception rather than the rule.

Master of Master Baiters

Location: 7.2° N, 5.9° E, FL410, Heading 230, aboard Striker 419

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I figured. I hope those two get nailed to the wall...

"THank you so much for this update and I am very mush happy to know that the bank has conted you. Please do send them all the required informations today along with the fees as mentioned. This is to make sure that you make ahead of time."
"I only signed for your trnasfer approval due to that i want you to proof to you we dont run a scam here and we wont tolerate that words from you anymore."

Closed lad accounts x6, with thanks to James and Joseph
First site kill
United KingdomNigeriaUnited StatesSpainCambodia FlagBenin
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crossing that line from mule to accomplice...hope they enjoy their stay at the ol' Graybar Hotel.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A very similar article about this arrest is in the Denver Post. The Post article also contains a link to the actual indictment. The indictment is a fascinating (and disturbing) read.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Foolofatook
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That indictment is just brutal. I'm really glad the authorities did their homework...those charges are going to stick Smile
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No surprise but very disappointing to see the tone of comments in the Denver Post article linked above. I know, I know, one should never expect quality in comments on news articles etc., but still....

A representative example from someone who fails to appreciate the insidious nature of scams like these:
Quote:
How silly. How could people fall for such drivel?
Now if you'll excuse me, a rich Nigerian prince needs to transfer his vast wealth into my bank account...

Sigh

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Some people will never get it until it happens to someone they know. Too little, too late.
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think people just foolishly believe that they're too smart to ever be scammed. I used to carry the same mentality. I figured, you would have to be an idiot to ever fall for these scams. Eventually, I realized that just about everybody gets been scammed at some point in their lifetimes, including me. I may have never fallen for the old Nigerian prince line but I've definitely overpaid for things and made bad financial decisions when under duress.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The last count is contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Not only Karen and Tracy, but also Tracy's teenage daughter, Molly, were receiving money from victims and sending it to Nigeria. Hopefully Molly, who wasn't in the racket as long as her mother and grandmother, can still unlearn how to mule. The elder two deserve to turn into a pillar of borax.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly, Tracy has 4 kids, and from what I know, she was using the 2 oldest for collecting. The older was over 18, that's why there were no related charges.

Mother's and Grandmother's actions will have a lifelong impact on all 4 of them. Hopefully they will choose to take a completely different path.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What these women did was awful; however, involving one's minor children and any of this woman's young children is the worst of the worst.

Hopefully when their mother goes to prison for the rest of her life, there is some family member who can take them in and give them guidance to life with a good moral compass.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A victory and hopefully a message to others. It's good to see justice served.
Quote:
Quote:
How silly. How could people fall for such drivel?
Now if you'll excuse me, a rich Nigerian prince needs to transfer his vast wealth into my bank account...

Yeah well these two and lads were involved in romance scams. Not only that but probably the most successful one out there. Almost everyday a victim post at SW that they are involved in this scam and I haven't read a stupid victim yet. These scams wreak their victims financially and and emotionally and it's almost in fathomable to me these two women could justify what they were doing after the damage they helped cause.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
jessy27
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think they will be doing it again.Organized crime charges carry a
life sentence, but for everyone they catch there are hundreds still getting
away with it. Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic