SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How can people live like that?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm an electrician as one of my trades, but times being what they are I'm doing just about anything that comes up. A friend of mine lets out flats and I go in between tenants to do the usual repairs and safety checks. She recently had to evict someone after they fell 18 months in arrears with rent and asked me to go in and take a look. I've seen some bad ones, but this was the worst. This was the bedroom after I'd pulled the stinking bed out of it. The stench was indescribable. Anyone seen worse?
This was an able-bodied guy who's spent ten years on his fat ass smoking cigs. The walls and celings were dull brown.

http://www.scamwarners.com/main/fx_images/PsycheDelia_Smith_762aa5a98517.jpg

Anyway, the other two rooms were as bad or worse so I got some nice extra work sorting it out. Here's what it looked like after a week. All ready for the next people, who could surely never be as bad as the previous.

http://www.scamwarners.com/main/fx_images/PsycheDelia_Smith_bb4fa90e683b.jpg

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Had some folks we were evicting. They knew they were going for a while and used that time to defacate in buckets. About 30 of them full.

Nothing shocks me anymore when it come to disgusting people.

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How can people live like that? Well - low sense of worth, no self-esteem, crippling anxiety/paranoia, no social circle = no visitors = no reason to tidy up, mental health problems, depression... trust me, I have personal experience in that area.

Or, just being bum lazy and not being able to afford a cleaner/wife/mummy to do it for them... Wink

You did a good job, that looks lovely now. Wanna come to mine?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ You're right, if there were any of those legitimate issues involved you could excuse it. The guy was just bum lazy. Took three trips to the landfill to dispose of the stuff he abandoned.

Thing is, I think if you rent a place from someone who charges the least amount she can and helps out new tenants with anything they ask for, with the lack of affordable rented housing right now if someone can take the time to maintain cleanliness in the place they should do so. Thee's help available for those who can't.

He was 10 grand in arrears with rent and made no offer at any time to start paying again, and it cost 1700 to get him out. He would shout and intimidate my friend when she called there. Nightmare. The last time she went there I went too and he was tame as a little puppy. Very good at threatening women, not so tough when a male was present.

@friday: 30 buckets of shit trumps this, but the stink was about the same.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pushing the boundaries of shabby chic maybe. But I've seen worse when working in peoples own homes over the years. Confused

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had years of something similar from the Good 'Ole Beeb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Life_of_Grime

Although I found the series fascinating - especially Mr Trebus! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Trebus - some of the episodes were truly stomach churning:
A woman who lived with a large number of cats that weren't let outside Shocked and the clean-up crew found a mummified cat in a bedroom cupboard.

A scene where a family had a blocked loo so just used the bath...

A 3rd floor flat with a family keeping dogs that had soiled everywhere - even while being filmed..
(They filmed the RSPCA officer visiting the flat and she was visibly pale looking when she got back to her van)

Some of the messes were so bad the clean-up crews needed masks and could only work for 15-20 minutes at a time in the stench.

In some cases of the terrible conditions it was clear there were mental issues behind it all, but some people were just too damn lazy to wipe their own arses (literally!).
"It's a council flat - they'll sort it out..." sort of attitude. Evil or Very Mad

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember a similar TV series from Australia, social services were called to help out an old feller with a houseful of cats. The fleas were a problem and had caused him to get itching sores but instead of clearing up the excrement he'd put a layer of newspaper on top, all over the floor area. So he had several years' worth of layer of shit, layer of paper, one atop the other.

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have had some tv shows where they show hoarders.

Some of the people suffered from depression and other mental illness and some just keep thinking "Can't throw that out because I might need it some day."

In our computer group in Tenn. there was one guy who was a well known researcher in the area of ophthamology. One time I had to go to his place to deliver something. He had stacks and stacks of newspapers and magazines stacked all over with a pathway through the apt. And the bathroom -- let's just say I waited until I could find a restroom at a gas station!

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Merry Widow
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PsycheDelia_Smith wrote:
The stench was indescribable. Anyone seen worse?

Meh, sorry to say but I have seen, smelled and cleaned worse. Knee deep in junk, animal (we hoped) waste piled in the corners, holes in the walls, cracked glass in windows, missing screens, horrific carpet, toilet full of darkened cardboard and food in refrigerator. Mind you, the place had been without running water or electricity for months before the tenants moved out. The tenant's dog had given birth to puppies in one room, so he stapled newspaper to the hardwood floor to contain the dog waste, adding more layers it as it became saturated. When he was evicted, he decided to take couple of doors, most of the switch plate covers, the dishwasher and bathroom sink with him.

One neighbor took pity on the guy and let him store some of his crap in her garage but he apparently managed to cram the doors, dishwasher and sink into a friend's truck. He came by once in a while to take a box or 2, always saying he would get the rest soon. After a year she told him to collect it all or she was going to put on the curb for the monthly bulk garbage pick up. He came by with a truck, took a few more boxes and asked all the other neighbors if he could store the rest in their garage, everyone said no. What he left, she put the rest on the curb. Neighbors and passer-bys took some of it but the garbage man ended up with most of it. 6 more months passed and he showed up again, thinking his junk was still there, boy was he shocked to discover a car in the garage.

Then there was the issue of the half-finished and "finished" home improvement projects he had done. Such as tiling most of the shower and all of the kitchen floor. The shower tile started at 3 feet down from the ceiling and ended 6" before the tub and 6" from the window. The kitchen floor looks like he started ok, then got drunk/high and just tossed tiles wherever while varying the grout lines from nonexistent to nearly half inch. Luckily, amongst the piles of crap there was a partial box of tile and half a carton of grout so we were able to cobble together enough to outline the window and do the row against the tub. The kitchen floor we left, deciding a nice throw rug would hide the worst of it.

Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of you may have noticed my absence from here. That was due to a "Been there, done that" - Not as bad as the examples here, but still, that was tough times Sad

It started with a busted shoulder, and being be the one who gives friends a hand, and suddenly being more or less disabled. Believe me that takes a toll in any way.

Things have taken a turn for the better though - The shoulder is finally getting better and I managed to get a good job in a great company.

I had a bit of luck and I'm now coming out on top of things. But lots of others aren't that resourceful, and need a helping hand to get on with their lives - But there really is no easy way around this as having your home looking like a dump just isolates you further. So it's very likely that an offer for some help will be declined - As I said: "Been there, done that"

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to see you back Chuda!

Another terrible thing to see in eviction cleaning is to find the valuable heirlooms abandoned by the former tenant. Something, that if they had sold, would have given them cash to keep them afloat. Assisting friends I've seen lots of collector's dreams left behind.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

For those who haven't seen these shows, you can find some on YouTube. I never thought of myself as naive, and had heard of people who hoard stuff, but never in my worst nightmares could I dream that human beings could live like this.

I wouldn't allow my dog to set foot in any of these places, some of which have caused exterminators to run away screaming.

Watching these shows has resulted in my own home being clean and neat as a pin. It's impossible to watch these shows and not be compelled to jump up and clean something.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Badgerbait wrote:
Good to see you back Chuda!

Thanks Smile

Badgerbait wrote:
Another terrible thing to see in eviction cleaning is to find the valuable heirlooms abandoned by the former tenant.

I was down, but not that far out - I did actually cash in the silverware (which I never used anyway), but the important stuff is still with me - Including goatie #1 jump_4_joy

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:

You may be referring to Hoarders on one of the US cable networks. That show came to our fair city last year to cover a gentleman whose home was uninhabitable in inaccessible due to "extreme clutter." They hired a crew to clean everything out and haul the junk away so the guy's house was livable again. Six months later one of the local TV stations sent a crew out for a follow up story. The piles of crap had come back and the place looked like not even a broom had been used in the house. I just have to shake my head.

@PDS: Grim photo. I can't begin to imagine the odor of rancid cigarette smoke mixed with whatever else was bubbling up in that flat.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
johnnyb
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few years ago a friend of mine used to let a house , here in Derby. He'd gone round to have a word with the tenant of 5 yrs, about his rent. Knocking on the door, he received no reply and tried the door. It was open so he went in. He found the tenant's 17yr old son in the kitchen (a disgusting tip) and told him he'd come back later to see his dad. When he returned some hours later, the tenant answered the front door telling him "You can't come in here and you can't evict me." "I have rights."
First thing my friend did was to punch him in the face telling him "I' want you out."
Anyway an hour later, the police turn up at his house asking him about the incident. My friend was open and honest with them and admitted he'd lost his temper with the tenant and had indeed punched him. The police were all set to arrest him, but on further discussion with them, the tenant had told them, that the incident had happened at his father's house (not at the house he was renting) The police went with my friend to the house he was letting and surprise, surprise, the tenant answered the door. They took a statement off him (in the house) and said as far as they were concerned they wouldn't proceed with any arrests etc, but would be reporting him to Social Services, as they were more concerned about his 9 yr old daughter living in such filthy conditions.
A few days later, the tenant had "Done a runner" from the property. The next day , my friend got his spare keys to the property and asked me to go round to survey the house and change the locks.
Well, the stench was indescribable for starters. The kitchen cupboards were full of black plastic bags full of rubbish, as was the downstairs toilet, living room and what we laughingly called the study.
Didn't look like he'd put any rubbish out for years.
Upstairs the three bedrooms and bathroom, were full of all sorts of detritus. (god knows where they actually slept as it certainly wasn't in the bedrooms)
Over the next three weeks we managed to clear the property completely (took 8 skips, just for the house, never mind the garden)
I helped him renovate the property completely, doing all the joinery work. My brother did all of the plastering and my friend did the electrics. From the old tenant he received £450 per month in rent, and after refurbishment, he now receives £650 per month and has a tenant who really looks after the house.

PS the day we went to change the locks etc, people were knocking on the door asking if they could rent the property. My mate dare not even show anyone round, yet one couple offered £1000 deposit there and then (my friend refused because the house was so bad)
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My house is pretty untidy right now due to the amount of renovation I'm doing. Cutting out a wall with a petrol saw does make a bit of a mess. Untidiness and clutter I can stand up to a point but filth is another matter. Shit and rotten food stuck to everything, I won't stand for a minute.

@ badgerbait - The guys who do house clearances do very nicely from it, I believe. Especially if they know what they're looking for.

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard of a junkie round here who did 'cardboard cleaning' - when the mess got too much he'd get a load of cardboard, and put it down over the mess, starting again with a pristine, if slightly uneven floor.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my former friends used to smoke heavy amounts of weed. He didn't pay too much attention to his kitchen hygiene - more specifically cleaning and dishwashing - so at a point, he simply closed the door to the kitchen, after opening the window to take the top off the fly invasion (yeah, I know, it was gross, believe me), and started eating takeaway from there.

6 months later, a pair of pigeons was nesting in his kitchen sink, and the neighbours had rat sightings on the back stairs.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ So what did he do with the take-way containers......or do we really want to know?

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Sometimes he threw them onto the kitchen pile, sometimes he actually took down that part of the trash through the front door instead, and walked around the block to throw it in the bin. Wink By the way, I forgot to mention, that the rest of his flat was (relatively) tidy, it was just the kitchen that was a mess. Very strange.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Merry Widow
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDane wrote:
the rest of his flat was (relatively) tidy, it was just the kitchen that was a mess. Very strange.

Yup, I know someone like that. Tidy house, well maintained, swept, dusted, organised........except for the kitchen. Total disaster. Has a "dirty dish" cupboard because he so rarely washes dishes.

IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a couple of Hoarders shows in the US (at least there used to be). I sometimes watch these shows. It makes me feel like my house is spotless.

One of the worst ones I ever saw was an older man whose wife had died a few years earlier. He let his house go and a few rats invested it. He started feeding them (just throwing food on the floor of the living room) and by the time he was on the show there were over 2,000 rats living in the house. The rats were living everywhere (in the furniture, in the walls). They almost had to tear the house down getting them out. They actually caught the rats alive and tried to place them through pet stores. (they let him keep one rat)

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is someone in our small river community who frequently goes without electricity and she can afford it -- and we have blistering hot humid weather down along the Gulf. To be without a/c is horrible.

Also we have septic tanks. They all require to be hooked up to the electricity for functioning. She hooks it up to the power via outdoor extension cord every 2 to 3 weeks. In the interim that place where septic tank is overflows and smells awful and attacks flies. One can only imagine what it must be like in her bathroom and kitchen sinks.

Our system at our house is actually a small water treatment system that when the sprinkler system out toward our woods comes on the water is 97% potable so is safe for watering the yard back there.

Because we live in the country the health dept will not do anything about it. Every time they finally get around to coming out, she has had it plugged back into the power.

I have been paying the back taxes on that property at public auction every August and will soon be the owner and she will be asked to leave (evicted if you will).

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Life of Grime. Reminds me. I used to see Mr Trebus picking up stuff and dragging it back home years ago. He became a bit of local celebrity after the program and people started to defend him. Except his neighbours that is.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic