SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Diamond Seller given the runabout.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A fairly short bait, just over a month long, but he arranged a mule to meet me in Maputo, Mozambique who had trouble finding out yacht.
Lad in red, I'm in blue.

Mr.STEVE CHAPMAN sent it to me on Mar 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Dear Sir,

My name is Steve Chapman I'm originally from sierra
leone . I'm currently based in south Africa as a diamond
broker.(cape town)
I'm sending this mail to you,since i have alot of
business opportunities in diamonds and gold, which i believe
that you could assist me to market.
To be more specific, I m talking about rough diamonds
from Angola, Liberia and Congo , wish i believe that in
your country we can do alot.
Please contact me to see how best we can establish a
reliable link, because i asure you that i can
supply, all i need from you is the right market to sale

For verification purpose,

(1) Full Name:
(2) Occupation:
(3) Date of Birth:

Best regards
Mr.STEVE CHAPMAN
+27-81-xxx.

attached was a blurry photo of a plastic bag with what might have been diamonds in it.

The picture quality is too poor to make out what they are, there is also no scale to
indicate size, nor is there any detail of quality.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN SENDING THE MANIFEST TO YOU.PLEASE CHECK IT BELOW AND GET BACK TO ME SOON.ARE YOU THE DIRECT BUYER OR BROKER.ALSO VIEW THE PICTURE OF THE PARCEL WE HAVE NOW.LET ME HAVE YOUR DIRECT NUMBER SO WE CAN DISCUSS OUR PROCEDURE.CALL ME.
STEVE.
+27-81-xxx

MANIFESTO OF ROUGH DIAMONDS

QTY TOTAL CTS CTS RANGE CLARITY COLOUR SHAPE
75 302,10 2-5 VVS H SAWABLE
40 145.5 4,5-7 VS1 G S/M
70 461.73 7-10 VS2 H SAWABLE
17 300,90 14-17 VVS2 F SAWABLE
3 75.75 20-25 VS1 H SAWABLE
2 45,98 15 VS1. 30.98 FL F SAWABLE
2 43,65 23,44 VVS2 20,21 SI2 G S/M
1 19,93 19,93 VS1 G MAKEABLE
2 52,12 25,03 I1 27,09VS2
1 31.36 31.36 SI G SWABLE

TOTAL STONES 328

TOTAL CARAT 1,479,02

PLEASE NOTE THAT : THE PRICE IS $850 TO $1850 US DOLLARS PER CARAT AND SUBJECT TO NEGOTIATION ON THE TABLE OF VIEWING AND DELIVERY IS SUBJECT TO NEGOTIATION.

The second picture is much clearer, however, the quality of the diamonds seems varied to quite some degree. As the purchaser I would need to examine them before making any offer.

Your price isn't outside of the perameters within which I work, and subject to the examination I think we may be able to make some arrangement.

Where are the stones currently held and when can an inspection be made?

Ace

We (Slaphappy, The Dane and myself, if I remember correctly) gave him a quick call to sort out a meeting
As per phone call, I will book myself into the City Lodge hotel from 4th May until the 7th
May for myself and my secretary.

Ace

SIR THANKS,I WILL WAIT TO MEET YOU. LET ME HAVE YOUR ITENARY,WHEN YOU BOOK. STEVE.
+27-81-xxx8.

HOW ARE YOU SIR.DID YOU CONFIRM YOUR FLIGHT FOR THE 4TH.PLEASE LET ME KNOW. STEVE.CHAPMAN.
+27-81-xxx.

Mr Chapman.

I've been making some arrangements.
Firstly, the nearest port I can get into is Maputo. As far as I can see it would be better
to meet there, I can accommodate you on my yacht.

In the previous phone call he'd assured me that I could sail directly to Johannesburg, sadly my yacht isn't an overlander, fitted with wheels, so I had to find somewhere nearby to dock.
ACE,THAT IS OK BY ME.SO LET ME KNOW THE TIME TO MOVE OR I WAIT FOR YOU TO ARRIVE. STEVE.
+27-81-xxx.

ACE,I TRIED MANY TIMES TO CALL YOU AND YOUR NUMBER RINGS AND GO OFF.
Skype number, or someone else's but if he's patient, he'll get through eventually
ACE,CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR DIRECT NUMBER.OR TRY TO CALL ME BACK.I TRIED TO CALL YOU BUT IS
RINGING TWICE AND IT GOES OFF.ARE WE STILL ON BUSINESS AS AGREED? +27-81-xxx.

Steve,
I'm currently on the yacht, it's in and out of mobile/satellite phone range frequently.

OK,SEE YOU.HAVE A SAFE TRIP.CALL ME WHEN YOU ARRIVE.by now its 29th April, one month gone, lad still on the hook. It was the phone call that did it.
ACE,HOW ARE TODAY.I HOPE YOU ARE GETTING NICE CRUISE.CALL IMMEDIATELY YOU ARE IN MAPUTO.
STEVE.+27-81-xxx.

have encountered some rough weather but mking good progres none the less.

Still expect arrival Friday morning, approx 10:00 local time.
have layover planned to ensure right time arrival
you can check progress using squwark code 841938 on navaid site

Ace

SEE YOU.GOD'S PROTECTION.
ACE,HOW FAR ARE YOU.ARE YOU STILL MAKING IT BY 10am.CALL ME TO CONFIRM,BEFORE I MOVE.
STEVE.+27-81-5129378.

ACE,STILL NO NEWS FROM YOU.IF YOU ARE NOT COMING,PLEASE LET ME KNOW,SO THAT I CAN ATTEND
OTHER ENGAGEMENTS.GET BACK TO ME ASAP. STEVE.+27-81-xxx.

It's now 5th May (I'd forgotten to reply to him)
Dear Steve,

Yes, we arrived at 10:00 yesterday. We are located at pier 3, look for the 100 foot ketch,
My Sharona. I look forward to meeting you here, please let me know what time you expect
to arrive.

Ace

Mr Chapman,

Sorry, forgot to add that I'll have my phone working by Monday morning, local electrician
is coming to make the necessary alterations to enable it.

Ace

ACE,THANKS FOR YOUR SAFE ARRIVAL.GET A LOCAL SIM NUMBER AND CALL ME WITH IT.SO THAT IF I
ARRIVE I WILL CALL YOU IN THAT NUMBER FOR YOU TO MEET ME IN MY HOTEL.IT WILL TAKE ME
45MINS FLIGHT TO BE THERE FROM JHB. STEVE.+27-81-xxx.

Sadly he never does travel, although his IP address does change but remains pointing to a South African mobile service provider.
ACE,CALL ME IMMEDIATELY WITH A LOCAL NUMBER. STEVE.

ACE,ARE YOU THERE FOR OTHER BUSINESS OR FOR ME.YOU HAVE TO GET A LOCAL NUMBER AND CALL ME
THIS MORNING TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE THERE.I NEED THE NUMBER.I DONT KNOW THE PLACE YOU
WROTE ON THE MAIL.CALL ME WITH YOUR HOTEL NUMBER.I WANT TO BE 100% SURE BEFORE I MOVE
TODAY.CALL ME NOW. STEVE.+27-81-xxx.

Dear Steve,
I shall be here for about 2 weeks, there are a number of things I have to deal with before
our departure.

You can now reach me on the Navtel number : +44 xxx it appears to be working at the present time, but note that I will be away from the yacht most of Monday and it is probably best to ring after midday on Tuesday.

We can meet either here on the yacht, or in town, please let me know which one you would prefer.

Ace

Edit to add another call recorded by slaphappy for me
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/1P6gfAym/SteveChapman278_05_32_PM_Tuesd.html

SORRY ACE I DONT THINK YOU ARE SERIOUS. DONT WASTE MY TIME AND YOUR TIME.IF YOU DONT CALL
ME WITH MOZAMBIQUE NUMBER, I DONT THINK I WILL BE THERE. WHAT STOPS YOU FROM CALLING ME
WITH THE NUMBER.

Dear Mr Chapman,
Why would I invest in a local phone when I already have a perfectly working one? it seems odd to ask a person to buy a hackable telephone to carry out sensitive business transactions when a perfectly operational 100% risk free alternative is already at hand.
I would suggest that you are the one who is not serious.
I am, after all, the one who has sailed 5 days to get here for this, and other transactions. Whilst the others have gone smoothly, only you have started acting strangely. If sellers can travel from Ghana by road to be here, I fail to see why you can't make it on one small plane journey to sell your wares.

Ace

ACE,THAT IS STRANGE,FOR SOMEBODY TO COME BY ROAD ALL THE WAY FROM GHANA TO MAPUTO BY ROAD.
I WILL SEE.

Dear Steve,

MY business partners are more than willing to trravel,gold sellers seem to understand the meaning of commitment, however we do mean to spend the week in discussions so it's probably more that than the money that gives them the incentive to travel.

Ace

Mr Chapman,
According to my guest they travelled via Yaounde, Brazzaville, Kamina, Lusaka and Harare.

The journey was not without incident, they have chosen to fly home.

Ace

After a call from him :
Mr Chapman,

You got cut off before we finalised details.

In order to meet you I need to know which of your chosen methods you are going to be taking in order to attend this meeting and what time we will be able to meet.

As I said, I am away from the vessel until about 5pm local time, but I note that the hotel is located fairly close to here here so we could meet at the hotel at around 6pm if this is convienient.

Otherwise we can meet at the yacht, we are currently located in the Maputo Marina, west of the hotel.
Ace

OK,WE CALL YOU WHEN WE ARRIVE IN THE MORNING.SO THAT WE MEET BY OUR HOTEL.HOLIDAY INN.
Introducing Santos, his local contact, who can't speak Portuguese, which is strange as he claims to be from Angola, but helpful as he seems unable to find locals that speak English.
ACE,MY PARTNER IS THERE,PLEASE PICK HIS CALL AND LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM. AM
TRYING TO CALL YOU. STEVE.

ACE,CALL ME IMMEDIATELY YOU ARE IN.MY PARTNER IS WAITING FOR YOU SINCE MORNING.
STEVE.+27-81-xxx.

ACE,WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU IN THE HOTEL.ARE YOU FOR REAL.
Lying little shit, his ip address hasn't changed.
Dear Steve,
As per our phone call just now, I have just got back to the yacht, waiting for Santos to
call.

Please let me know when you will be travelling to Maputo.
Ace

Steve,
your man just tried to call me, somehow he got cut off just as he was getting you to the phone.

What happened was that Santos tried to create a conference call to fake Steve's presence, sadly for him the call didn't go through.
I will try to get the calls added, it explains an awful lot of what went wrong.
Dear Steve,
Haven't been able to meet Santos, he went to the wrong marina, am now on way to Holiday
Inn
Ace

ACE,WHAT IS GOING ON.WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU.YOUR PHONE IS ALWAYS OFF,HOW CAN WE
REACH YOU.CALL SANTOS IMMEDIATELY.WE ARE GETTING FADE UP.

Edit to add 3 of the calls.
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/OAveW8h3/001_mozambique_01_18_PM_Wednes.html
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/fRwz4mn5/002_mozambique_01_29_PM_Wednes.html
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/TIDXCods/003_mozambique_01_48_PM_Wednes.html

ACE,WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS,YOU ARE NOT HERE AT THE LOBBY IN THIS HOTEL.WE ARE LOOKING
ROUND AND NO GREEN SHIRT AND BLACK PANTS AS YOU SAID.CALL SANTOS NOW.

ACE,WE LOOKED AND WAITED FOR YOU HERE IN THE HOTEL,WENT ROUND THE TOWN,WAIT FROM MORNING
WHEN WE ARRIVED,TILL NIGHT AND YOUR PHONE IS OFF AND YOU DID NOT CARE TO MEET US,CALL US
THIS MORNING TO MEET US OR WE FLY BACK AND YOU HAVE TO FLY OVER HERE TO JOHANNESBURG TO
MEET US,IF YOU ARE REAL AND WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH US. THANKS STEVE.

Steve,
due to a mix up last last where Mr Santos went to the wrong marina we were unable to meet.
He then told us to meet him at the holiday Inn, we soke to several people and were told that the Holiday Inn wasn't called that, or it wasn't there, the language barrier is a bit of a problem.
I am in a meeting until 4pm but will call you then to arrange a meeting.

ACE,WE CANNOT JUST WAIT IN VEIN,WE WILL BE FLYING BACK TO JHB,SO YOU CAN MEET US IN JHB,IT IS ONLY 45MINS FLIGHT AND YOU GO BACK SAME DAY IF YOU WANT. TILL NOW NOTHING PREVENTS YOU FROM MEETING NOW,BEFORE GOING TO YOUR MEETING,AS YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE THERE BECAUSE OF
YOU.IT SHOWS RESPECT AND ETHICS OF BUSINESS. I THINK YOU CALL ME NOW ON SANTOS NUMBER.BEFORE WE MOVE.

I gave him a quick call letting him know that I was at the Military Institute in a meeting with Colonel Olantunji Gomer, just as I texted the address I run out of Skype credits.
PLS SEND THE ADDRESS AND THE NAME. SO WE CAN COME.DONT YOU HAVE CELL YOU ARE USING DURING
THE DAY TO REACH YOU.

Steve, I gave the name to Mr Santos but I got cut off, you need to ask for Colonel
Olantunji Gomer at the main gate.

WHO IS THE COLONIEL,ARE YOU WITH HIM NOW.WHY ARE YOU THERE? hmm slight attack of lad paranoia?

ARE YOU WITH HIM NOW. this is today, 10th May by the way.
ACE,AM DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE NOT REAL. NOW YOU MUST COME TO US IF YOU WANT TO BUY,HERE IN
JHB.WE ARE TRANPARENT IN OUR BUSINESS.WE SPENT MONEY LOOKING FOR YOU,YOU DID NOT BUY
TICKET FOR US OR HOTEL BILLS.

Steve,
Where are you?

I've been waiting here for the last twenty minutes, my buisness with the Colonel is
completed and am ready to meet with you.
One thing that worries me is that in your last message you are saying you are still in
Johannesburg. You said previously that you were here with Mr Santos. I'm beginning to
think that you've been less than transparent in this matter.

If you are serious please let me know where we can meet here in Maputo in about 45 minutes

Ace

Steve,
I forgot to add, please send me a copy of your flight tickets and hotel bills so I can at
least refund your costs to date.

Ace

I'll add the phone calls as and when I get them edited. Listening to Santos running round Maputo was fun.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic