SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Allen & Violet Large scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
triumph7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Received an email from an elderly couple who won a lottery and were "giving away" their winnings to 10 lucky people.

Quote:
Dear Email Owner,

NOTE : CODE OF COMMUNICATION : ALLEN/231-101/LARGE/00

A pleasant day to you, and I hope This Mail Finds You In Good Spirit..

This is a personal email directed to you It is indeed true that i am giving away my winnings. I and my wife won a Jackpot Lottery of $11.3 million in July and have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of $1,000,000.00 USD to you as part of our own charity project to improve the life of 10 lucky individuals all over the world.

First and foremost, this is a life time opportunity and 100% legitimate and that's why we had to make sure this is put on the Internet for you to verify. My wife has cancer and as you could see from the web page, at 72 I know am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no kids at this age. You see after taken care of the needs of our immediate family members, we decided to donate the remaining of the $11Million to other individuals around the world who can help those in need, the local fire department, the Red Cross, Haiti, hospitals in Truro where Violet underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes where not left out. The bulk of the funds we are donating have been deposited with Standard Chartered Bank , the payout bank of this charity donation scheme. We have kept just 2% of the entire lottery sum to our-self for the raining day.

However, to facilitate the disbursement process of the funds [ $1,000,000.00 USD ] which have been donated solely to you, you will be required to send us your Full Names, Contact Telephone Number, Address And Next of Kin so that we can forward your remaining details over to the payout bank immediately. I can see that you have a good heart to help the poor and we are hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there. Please keep this confidential and to a surprise to your family and friends until the funds have been wired to your operational bank account right there in your country.

Considering our age, you will agree with me that we do not need all of this money and now we can only employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place.

You can verify this by visiting the web pages below.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/violet-large-gave-away-her-lottery-windfall/article2119137/
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/11/04/ns-allen-violet-large-lottery-winning.html

For security reasons, this is our CODE OF COMMUNICATION : ALLEN/231-101/LARGE/00. if you receive any email that doesn't carry this code, please i want you to know that its not from me and you are advised to ignore that email immediately. This is for security reasons.

I want to specially thank you for your time and consideration to help the needy.

We shall anticipate your earliest response soon.

Kind Regards,
Allen And Violet Large Foundation

If you click on the links they provide they direct you to an authentic news story that supposedly proves these people are real as well as their story. Note that in this original email Mr. Large says his wife HAS cancer. The article states she died. Small oversight. I couldn't resist playing with these mental midgets.

Last edited by triumph7 on Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
triumph7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is how I replied:
[quote]Hello to you. I am so gratified to receive this message from such wonderful people. I cannot believe I have been included to receive a portion of your winnings. This could not come at a better time as my son is in dire need of surgery due to a failing kidney. This is a miraculous answer to my prayers! I truly look forward to further contact with you and to maybe meet you both some day. How is Violet doing by the way? You are an inspiration. Please find my contact information below. God bless.

Paul Tebow Smith
Snip, snip

Removed info - TS
triumph7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The basics of this scam involve me (the scammed) being required to open a bank account with a bank in the UK so the 1 million dollars can be accessed. They sent me a form to fill out to apply for the account which I promptly sent back. Of course this is not free and will cost me 520 British pounds. I'm happy to oblige by filling out a Western Union transaction form and using my credit card. It's my hope that these idiots will have to hop on their scooter and run down to the nearest WU office to attempt to retrieve the stolen money. My aim is to inconvenience and stall as much as possible.

Many emails go back and forth as we exchange pleasantries and put the logistics in motion for everyone to receive their prospective monies. I sweeten my story with several mentions of having a son who is in desperate need of kidney surgery whereby making this windfall a miracle.

By now they have discovered WU information I submitted cannot be confirmed. I apologize telling them that the credit card I used had apparently expired unbeknownst to me. No problem, I have another card I can use. Hoping now they have to run to the WU office a second time.
triumph7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From me explaining the failure of the first transaction:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Maxwell,
Upon further investigation, I discovered that the first credit card I used to send you the account fees was in fact expired. I was not aware and I'm embarrassed to find this out. The second transaction will be valid and should be confirmed. My apologies. I hope I haven't caused any inconvenience. Please contact me soon.

Paul Smith

Their reply:

Quote:
Standard Chartered Bank Uk
1 Basinghall Avenue London
EC2V 5DD, United Kingdom
24Hours Online Banking

Date: 2nd May, 2012.
===================

Dear: Valued Customer : Paul Smith ,..

RE: NOTIFICATION OF ACCOUNT ACTIVATION FOR ONWARD CREDITING OF FUNDS

Welcome to Standard Chartered Bank UK, We will keep you informed as soon as your payment is confirmed. As regards your son's condition, i want yout ot know that i will do my possible best for you before Friday so that you will have enough money to take care of the bills for the surgery. I want you to also know that this is a life time opportunity that has come you way and you should handle it with care and make sure you don't do any extravagant spending.

Your satisfaction is our priority and we look forward to providing you the best of our quality service do have a wonderful day in anticipation of your urgent response.

We are glad to render best Banking Services to you, and we wish you a successful financial future!!!

Yours in service,

Mr. George Maxwell
Director (Customer Care Unit)
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]
Direct Tel: Tel: +44-701-421-9062
Fax: +44-845-280-0730
C 2012 Standard Chartered Bank Uk.
Standard Chartered!! Always giving you extra.

So nice of them to show concern for my dying son.
triumph7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since they were having trouble confirming my payment I went ahead and did if for them by making another bogus WU form with a big rubber stamped "CONFIRMED" on top. I wrote to the original elderly couple with the good news. The bank got wind and sent me the following:

Quote:
Date: 4th May, 2012.
===================

Welcome to Standard Chartered Bank UK, Just to let you know that we have not yet confirmed your payments, and you have been disqualified from this offer. You went telling Allen And Violet Large that we have confirmed your payments.. You are a big liar and a very un-serious person, so you have been disqualified totally.

We are glad to render best Banking Services to you, and we wish you a successful financial future!!!

Yours in service,

Mr. George Maxwell
[email protected]

Damn. Disqualified. OK. It's time to just give them a piece of my mind and tell them they were the ones being scammed all along...but wait...not quite yet. I had one more question:

Quote:
Mr. Maxwell,
Have I caused you any inconvenience?

Classic reply:

Quote:
Date: 4th May, 2012.
===================

Welcome to Standard Chartered Bank UK, Yes you have caused me alot of inconvenience because you have made me and our account officer Mr Mike Wesley a laughing stock at the Western union office. Please go and make the payments if you still want us to continue this transaction with you. Go and make cash payments immediately.. We have tried several times to track your money online and at the western union office but its still not available.

Yours in service,

Mr. George Maxwell
[email protected]

Notice after all that he directs me to make a cash payment instead. That means the fun isn't over yet. Time to use the bogus WU receipt one more time. This time I'm using cold, hard cash. Guess they'll have to hop on their trike once again to make another trip to WU to collect nothing.
triumph7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems Allen & Violet (who is actually dead according to the news story) are getting upset with me:

Quote:
Dear Email Owner :Paul Smith,

Please i have told you what to do. You are a big lair

Please if you know that you are not interested please feel free to forfeit this offer.

We anticipate your earliest response.

Regards
Allen And Violet Large

I've not been called a LAIR before. Must be pretty bad in Nigeria.

Here is my response:

Quote:
Large people,
Please don't call me a liar. I have done everything as instructed. I was contacted by Mr. Maxwell from the bank and he said I should use cash instead of a credit card. I just completed a transaction at Western Union using cash only. I submitted a scanned receipt as well. This should should speed up the process now. I am not a liar Mr. Large. I am an honest man trying to do the right thing. Thank you for your patience. I hope to hear good news from you soon.

Paul Smith
triumph7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Update Required
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 11:10:23 -0700

Dear Email Owner :Paul Smith,

NOTE : CODE OF COMMUNICATION : ALLEN/231-101/LARGE/00

Please i have told you what to do. I ma not happy with the way things are going.

Please if you know that you are not interested please feel free to forfeit this offer.

We anticipate your earliest response.

Regards
Allen And Violet Large

Reply:

Quote:
Dear Larges,
I'm sorry you are not happy. I have done what you have asked. When will the bank contact me? Have they confirmed yet? I will contact them myself if you do not know. I must go. My son is vomiting blood.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic