SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Law Firm Scammed for 400G

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Worse than that, the article indicates that other firms have been him for $31 million (!) by this same scammer or team of scammers.

clicky

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Qwackerjax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Somehow, that strikes me as funny Laughing

Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Debt collector got scammed.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
spuduk3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

after reading that article you think that law firms would know better, i wonder how many firms are keeping quiet about this happening to them

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And the firms' response to their own stupidity is to sue the bank?

Wow.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For nearly 20 years I worked in law firms, and I can see how they could be scammed out of a lot of money. Lawyers made bad office managers. Good law firms hire office managers who are savvy. If a lawyer is also the office manager, its bookkeeping department is usually a mess. IMHO

I can see where this would happen where the bookkeeping department just deposits checks and then with the copies later attempts to match it up with the appropriate client's bill and they might not get around to that match up for weeks. It is heads in the bookkeeping department that need to roll rather than suing the bank.

Of course it sounds like the law firm(s) in question had an "insider" assisting.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is why it drives me crazy when people say you have to be stupid to be scammed. Obviously lawyers and the people that work in law firms are not stupid. Un-educated to scams yes but stupid no.

This is pretty common and as an earlier post asked I would be willing to bet typically unreported. The lawyers are just doing their job and collecting funds so it's easy to see how susceptible they are to the scam.

Now suing the bank you cashed a fake check with that's a differant story. At some point even if you were scammed you have to take responsibility for your actions it's not the banks fault although I wonder how much check fraud would be prevented if better training was done on the bank level. I've never worked at a bank so I can't speak to that. It is odd to me that a $400 check can be cashed without a little more scrutinizing. Of course I'm sure the bank just checks the casher's account to see if they can cover it if it's bad and a law firm will probably have enough to cover.

What really pisses me off is lads are making millions off this. Glad to see the Nigerian government is agreeing to extradite.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:
For nearly 20 years I worked in law firms, and I can see how they could be scammed out of a lot of money. Lawyers made bad office managers. Good law firms hire office managers who are savvy. If a lawyer is also the office manager, its bookkeeping department is usually a mess. IMHO

I can see where this would happen where the bookkeeping department just deposits checks and then with the copies later attempts to match it up with the appropriate client's bill and they might not get around to that match up for weeks. It is heads in the bookkeeping department that need to roll rather than suing the bank.

Of course it sounds like the law firm(s) in question had an "insider" assisting.

Thanks for explaining how that can happen. I've posted that link up at Eaters' FB page and if you have a 'warner' FB character, it might be good to post up the explanation there, too.

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read that as meaning 400,000,000,000. What they lost is only $400k.

Is there any way to bait scams targeted at law firms?

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
TangoDown
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My guess is that this law firm now knows they can never be taken seriously again. Suing the bank is a last ditch effort at collecting a little scratch before they hit the unemployment rosters.

IF U KNOW AGREE WITH THIS I HAVE DIRECT CONTACT WITH EFCC AND POLICE TO TRACK YOU PEOPLE .REMEMBER YOU MUST USE A BANK ACCOUNT TO COLLECT DAT MONEY FROM MIONEY GRAM .I CAN EASILY TRACE WHERE YOU COLLECTED THAT MONEY AND FROM THERE MAKE A WAY ON WITH YOU .
I GIVE U PEOPLE TILL TOMORROW MORNING TO COMPLY OR WE TRY WHO PASS WHO

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this example should be quoted to victims who feel 'stupid' if a law firm can get scammed a private person should not feel so stupid.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Is there any way to bait scams targeted at law firms?

Not really as the lads target law firms. They'll buy lists of lawyers email addies.You'd need to find a lad mail to one of the firms targeted to even start baiting them.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
LOSTINSPACE
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This surely can't be the ordinary internet café lads can it? I hope that this particular lawfirm were a bit shady themselves. Otherwise this is really tragic.

i belive in jebus with all my heart - Nation Prophet (no it was not a one time typo Smile )

You will not go unponished - Hassan Toure Pissed goldlad after 6 months of mercyless baiting.

I have been going through your cheap mails and fabules.However, will not be there with your "ALTMAN BE PRISED" play card rather i have sent Angels to the airport to raise the play card "JESUS BE PRAISED" Once you see the playcard "JESUS BE PRAISED" fall down and worship him, knowing that your cheap and unworthy filthy tricks have been discovered.
- Micheal Umaru, gold salesman

stop to be fooling ur self and being ingratitude and insensitive. - Barrister Boris Koch
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ As I said I worked in many law firms for 20+ years, this can happen in even the best of the best law firms. There are some very reputable law firms who have been taken in by this because of their bookkeeping department and not having a proper office manager, but having a lawyer act as his collateral duty the office manager.

I have two personas that are lawyers, and do get these type of baits. They, to me, are like the cancer victims, I don't want to bait them. If you are going to bait as an attorney I would suggest throwing legalese words, esp. some Latin at them.

However, when I get anymore I will post in Surplus.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Authorities believe she was part of a ring headed by Emmanuel Ekhator, who Nigeria recently agreed to extradite to the U.S.

Emmanuel Ekhator is/was a top oga who was IIRC based in Canada. He ran back to Nigeria when he knew the FBI were after him. He had a lot of cafe lads working as catchers for him.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOSTINSPACE wrote:
I hope that this particular lawfirm were a bit shady themselves. Otherwise this is really tragic.

Not sure but it's really not a matter of them being shady they are a victim regardless. They were doing their job helping someone collect a debt owed to them. The lads create a scenario that fits what the lawyers do and without education of these scams it makes sense to the lawfirm.

The one good thing is hopefully it creates some awareness in their industry.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to bait as a lawyer, I have posted a number of lawyer-scams in the surplus messages board. Search for postings by BRUIN on that board.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IIRC, a lawyer posted one of these a few weeks back. A victim is a victim regardless of profession or education.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BRUIN wrote:
If you want to bait as a lawyer, I have posted a number of lawyer-scams in the surplus messages board.

Cheers, have written to a couple, let's see if we get any nibbles

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
LOSTINSPACE
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bravo95 wrote:
LOSTINSPACE wrote:
I hope that this particular lawfirm were a bit shady themselves. Otherwise this is really tragic.

Not sure but it's really not a matter of them being shady they are a victim regardless. They were doing their job helping someone collect a debt owed to them. The lads create a scenario that fits what the lawyers do and without education of these scams it makes sense to the lawfirm.

The one good thing is hopefully it creates some awareness in their industry.

Don't get me wrong here, im not supporting the lads in any way shape or form also this seems to have been a legit company.

However if this had been a filthy company (like some kind of loan sharks or similar) I would have seen it as a + - 0 Money goes from one criminal to another. Just like if the lad had scammed another lad. No difference would have been made.

i belive in jebus with all my heart - Nation Prophet (no it was not a one time typo Smile )

You will not go unponished - Hassan Toure Pissed goldlad after 6 months of mercyless baiting.

I have been going through your cheap mails and fabules.However, will not be there with your "ALTMAN BE PRISED" play card rather i have sent Angels to the airport to raise the play card "JESUS BE PRAISED" Once you see the playcard "JESUS BE PRAISED" fall down and worship him, knowing that your cheap and unworthy filthy tricks have been discovered.
- Micheal Umaru, gold salesman

stop to be fooling ur self and being ingratitude and insensitive. - Barrister Boris Koch
SardonicSam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bravo95 wrote:
This is why it drives me crazy when people say you have to be stupid to be scammed... Un-educated to scams yes but stupid no.

The issue is rarely stupidity, but rather a combination of willingness to trust and unwillingness to believe that they're involved or a victim of it.

Even those people who have been educated in how scams work will sometimes keep sending money. "International fraud? That only happens to other people," is the thought process. Tragic.

"Your father and ur mother...... fool,sorry to say your generation to generation fool may all ur generation never see light Say Amen(blood bastard) Say Amen again..... i mean a loud Amen bastard again....... go crew your self....... dump ass .............."

"you must be a demonic pastor you will soon rot in hell animal"

"i can conveniently employ you , feed you so you start reasoning normal nincompoop like you with your fowl brain. fuck you"

"if you write me a again which means a dog sex your mother to give birth to a maron like you. bastard"

"moron this night the african devils will celebrate your funeral since you are a wasted animal on earth after that and thats all."
forthelulz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BRUIN wrote:
Worse than that, the article indicates that other firms have been him for $31 million (!) by this same scammer or team of scammers.

clicky

Bruin

The scam continues: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206694&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1100

See my self-introduction at the bottom of that page for details!
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is actually quite a widespread scam, as you can see from our 25 page thread on the subject over at scamwarners!
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1578

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ That thread is epic, thanks. In this case the origin and specific details are a variation of what is described in the other thread. I'll post a full write up once my work is complete.
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^That would be very helpful. Make sure you post the lads details there. Everything on Scamwarners is searchable so if a potential victim got suspicious and searched a Name or email address they would find the warning.

Sand Timer Shortstuff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic