SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Bee Gees' Robin Gibb in coma, gravely ill

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lets hope Robin pulls through this!! - In my opinion the best voice of all the Gibb brothers.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/bee-gees-robin-gibb-in-coma-20120414-1wztk.html

Quote:
Bee Gees pop star Robin Gibb is in a coma in a London hospital, amid fears he has only days to live, according to reports on Saturday.

The UK's Sun newspaper says his family are keeping a bedside vigil for the 62-year-old star, who has been battling colon and liver cancer and now has pneumonia.

It is reported that family and fans of the Bee Gees were on Friday night praying for the star's survival.

On Thursday Gibb's son said the singer would not be able to attend the premiere of their debut classical work, The Titanic Requiem.

Robin-John (RJ) Gibb, who worked on The Titanic Requiem with his father, said his family were hoping for "a speedy recovery".

"He is still in hospital, he's fighting infection and of course - as a lot of people who have family members or friends who endure cancer, they know - there are a lot of periphery problems afterwards they have to deal with," he told BBC Breakfast.

Ongoing health problems forced Gibb to miss the premiere of the Titanic work - to mark the centenary of the ship's ill-fated voyage - at London's Westminster City Hall.

"The one place he really wanted to be in two and and a half years and he couldn't be, and it was heartbreaking, but he'll be able to see it. It was recorded and live streamed," RJ said.

Gibb recently underwent surgery for an ongoing problem with a twisted bowel. The same hereditary intestinal condition led to the death of his twin brother Maurice at the age of 53.

Gibb appeared to have made a miracle recovery, but doctors now believe a secondary tumour is present.

Gibb's wife Dwina, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and RJ, 29, were at his bedside in a private hospital in Chelsea, West London, according to The Sun.

Gibb's health problems began last October when he had emergency surgery to treat a blocked bowel.

Last month Gibb told The Sun, "I sometimes wonder if all the tragedies my family has suffered - like Andy and Maurice dying so young and everything that's happened to me recently - is a kind of karmic price we are paying for all the fame and fortune we've had."

Gibb also praised his wife who has helped him fight his cancer fight. "She gave me health foods and brewed herb teas for me, alongside conventional treatment," he told The Sun.

Robin Gibb was born on the Isle of Man in the UK, half an hour before his twin brother Maurice.

In 1958, the family moved to Brisbane, where the twins formed the Bee Gees with their elder brother Barry.

They topped the Australian charts with Spicks and Specks and then moved back to England in 1967, where they recorded their first international hits, New York Mining Disaster 1941 and Massachusetts.

Robin left the Bee Gees in 1969 and began a solo career, achieving success with his first single, Saved By The Bell.

He reunited with his brothers in 1970.

In the late 70s, after a period of limited success, the brothers won lasting fame by writing the soundtrack to the movie Saturday Night Fever, including their huge international hit Stayin' Alive.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad a big influence on a kid in the 70's. What a voice..

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bummer, their blend was iconic. Also he isn't that much older than I am.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"How can you mend a broken heart"
Crying or Very sad

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad news. I hope he makes it. Sad

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

and I have a soft spot for the solo single Juliet as well. Hope he pulls through, the world isn't quite the same without "Pilly, Pissy & Potty"!

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He definitely has one hell of a voice.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad news indeed. One of my favorite memories is seeing the BeeGees performing live.

Crying or Very sad

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He was my boyfriend. Sad

My fav, "To Love somebody"

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He is now out of the coma

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4272958/Robin-Gibbs-iron-will-stuns-docs-with-incredible-recovery.html

Quote:
Medics last night said Robin, 62, had overcome “incredible odds” after wife Dwina was told he had only days to live.

The singer — who has liver and colon cancer — fell into a coma last week after contracting pneumonia.

He was having trouble breathing and was put on a ventilator.

Robin has now staged a recovery and is breathing with an oxygen mask. He is fully conscious and has chats with relatives including brother Barry, 65.

Doctors hope to take him off oxygen and restore his swallowing so he can eat and drink.

Dr Andrew Thillainayagam, of Imperial College, London, said: “The prognosis was very grave. We felt it was very likely Robin would succumb to what seemed to be insurmountable obstacles.

“It is testament to Robin’s extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds.”

Robin’s family held a constant bedside vigil for him and played his favourite music to try to rouse him. Barry had also been singing to him.

Dr Thillainayagam praised Dwina and the couple’s children Robin-John, Spencer and Melissa for their “determination never to give up on him.”

He said: “The road ahead for Robin remains uncertain but it is a privilege to look after such an extraordinary human being.”

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is wonderful news!!! Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic