SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should I be concerened?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FranklyScarlett
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone. I joined this group yesterday out of general interest and also because I am concerned about a "job offer". I replied to a job posting either on Workopolis or Monster about 6 weeks ago. I do not use Craig's List or Kiijii, so I know it was either Workopolis or Monster.

It was for a Production Coordinator position for a Graphics Company that was expanding to the Toronto Area. I didn't get a response right away and more or less forgot about it.

About 10 days ago, I got a response from the "company", which I will paste below. You will notice that the response is for a different position - an Executive/Personal Assistant position - rather than the role I applied for.

My concern is that I did attach my resume to my initial email. My resume includes my real name, address, email, cell and land line numbers. Obviously, I did not give any banking information in my covering letter or resume.

I am not sure if I should be concerned, but I am being extremely careful when I answer the phone. My brother works in banking and he told me that someone may try to contact me and ask me a question that sounds innocent on the surface, but in reality could give a scammer the extra information they require to defraud me.

I have already contacted the Account Manager at my Bank (just to be on the safe side). She told me that if I receive a cheque, I should take it to the Police.

I did not respond to the email, but I am wondering if I should be concerned.

Any responses are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scarlett

April 02,2012.

Detailed Job Description – PERSONAL ASSISTANT

You have been picked as my possible Executive / Personal Assistant.I'm looking for someone that can be trusted, energetic and reliable at work and with good understanding.This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them,my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can meet up with my irregular timings.As my Personal Assistant,your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands
*Coordinate special domestic and international travel plans.
*Oversee Outlook calendars to prioritize appointments and schedule meetings
*Maintain Personal Bank Accounts and keeping me up to date with them.
*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.
*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
Basic wage is $700 Weekly.

I own a young non-profit Humanitarian Foundation creating humanitarian projects that focus on human rights and community development. As part of this Humanitarian Foundation, Combat Relief meets the special needs
of veterans and their families by providing financial grants to established programs and initiatives dedicated to meeting the challenges they face when returning to their communities I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point,as I am presently in New Zealand,will be back in about 8 Weeks.I think you're the right person for this position after going through your resume,Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others but basically you will work between 15 and 20hrs a month, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.If you can manage your time properly,this job may even give you some extras while you do something else on the side.

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible.I do have lots of works piled up presently and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship and hopefully when I meet with you after my arrival we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. I'm online most of
the time I prefer we contact each other through E-mails or IM (Instant Messenger), but if there is need for me to call, I will and i promise to be a good boss in as much as you are diligent. I will need to update your contact info with my clients from Fortune 100 Corporate Organization. I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details as it will be used for payment/delivery purposes :

First Name :
Last Name :
Street Address :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:
Current Occupation :
IM /Email Address :

Also, I will like to know how often do you check your email.Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week , you will also be paid upfront as its important you help me handle some errands before i get back from my business trip . Hope I am clear with that.I will await your response and also let me have the above info as it should appear on payment.

Regards
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you believe you are dealing with a scammer, just drop him! They are interested in people who are gullible enough to send them money, and have no interest in going after someone who has dropped them.

Problem: once you have responded, at least one scammer knows he has a potential victim there, so he may target you again, with some other type of scam, so be extra vigilant.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should consider removing your address from your resume. My husband had included our address in his resume and, for a while, we were getting checks from these scammers at our house without warning. We couldn't figure out how it was happening when he wasn't responding to their e-mails until I realized they were getting our address from his resume. When he removed the address, the checks stopped coming.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
FranklyScarlett
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Bruin and BearSeason:

I can take out my email, street address and postal code and just put my city and province. Great idea! I haven't seen anything in the mail yet (and really don't expect to).

I am really enjoying this site. There are several members who could make a living writing intrigue novels!

Cheers,

Scarlett
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic