SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone else getting the emails that claim to have naked pics

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Forrest Gump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

of you?

I've been getting them in the spam folder of my real email account. I tried to write to a couple of them from a baiter account, but the email addresses had already been shut down.

The thing I don't get about this scam is the pictures are supposedly already out there. So what can the scammer possibly gain from this?
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm guessing blackmail of some sort.

I have a certain Administrator around here (sooi) that keeps emailing me naked pictures of himself, I have yet to understand why.

Edit: I didn't read this part,

Forrest Gump wrote:

The thing I don't get about this scam is the pictures are supposedly already out there. So what can the scammer possibly gain from this?

Can you post the original text?

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
DeProfundisClamoAdTeDomin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe they didn't really think it through, but its basically just another fear tactic like the hitman modality.

Closed lad accounts x4 Easter Egg 2012
Forrest Gump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, don't have one right now...after I tried to bait a couple unsuccessfully I just started deleting them. They were all in my spam folder anyway.

If I see another one I'll post it.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Do you remember the name of the lad or what was in the subject line, so I can search my catcher account for more information?

Associate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you sure it's scam and not just pron spam?

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^Pron spam is the best spam.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was getting 5-6 of these per day last week. The attachment makes me think it may be an .exe of some kind. They come in .zip

The text in the mails go something along the line of "Is this you", "We need to talk", "Your ex says this is you" and a few other variations.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm betting it's a virus package.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I got a virus in my package from my ex .... Embarassed
Cpt.J.H
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suspect that it is a virus. There was a Facebook one going around last year along the lines of 'Don't be surprised, it was a tinny camera' that I occasionally see surfacing. I don't think you will be able to bait them simply because their only aim is to get some sucker to open the .exe file to see the picture. That would also explain why they are closed down so fast as viruses (in my experience) tend to be picked up far faster than scam mail.

CATION: RIFT IS AT CODE MAUVE

Closed lad accounts x 5

lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never open an attachment that comes with a spam email. As mentioned before, this looks like the same MO as the spammers who send out emails telling about a failed delivery from FedEx/UPS/USPS. If a lad sends a "please read the attachment and get back to me" email and it looks interesting I might tell him I couldn't open that atch and could he please send the text in the body of an email.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Cpt.J.H
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lakeside77 wrote:
I never open an attachment that comes with a spam email. As mentioned before, this looks like the same MO as the spammers who send out emails telling about a failed delivery from FedEx/UPS/USPS. If a lad sends a "please read the attachment and get back to me" email and it looks interesting I might tell him I couldn't open that atch and could he please send the text in the body of an email.

Very wise, I've opened very few attachments in my time. Though it is extremely difficult to sneak something inside a JPEG or similar I've seen it done so its just not worth it.

And when I do open them it is on a separate machine and using Gmail's 'view attachment' feature which keeps it all in on the web. Anyone correct me if I am wrong but I am quite sure that means nothing is physically downloaded; it just opens a new tab and views it online.

CATION: RIFT IS AT CODE MAUVE

Closed lad accounts x 5

doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got this similar one a little while ago
Quote:
I hate to bring bad news to you, n
I got these links from several friends today, I saved the pictures, check attachment. Is it really you there? They told me your ex sent them to all her FB friens....

IP resolved to the Russian Federation.Zip file attatched that almost certainy has a virus in it.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
thenodemaster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

N N N wrote:
^^^ I got a virus in my package from my ex .... Embarassed

I gave mine one before she split for another chick! Twisted Evil
SardonicSam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phishing, anyone?

Assuming they don't really have naked pictures of you, if they offer to show you the goods, the attachment would most likely be a redirect to some sort of phishing page. Alternatively, a keylogger or some other type of trojan.

"Your father and ur mother...... fool,sorry to say your generation to generation fool may all ur generation never see light Say Amen(blood bastard) Say Amen again..... i mean a loud Amen bastard again....... go crew your self....... dump ass .............."

"you must be a demonic pastor you will soon rot in hell animal"

"i can conveniently employ you , feed you so you start reasoning normal nincompoop like you with your fowl brain. fuck you"

"if you write me a again which means a dog sex your mother to give birth to a maron like you. bastard"

"moron this night the african devils will celebrate your funeral since you are a wasted animal on earth after that and thats all."
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To check the contents of the zip file, first pick up a free open source program as an ISO called Ubuntu. It is Linux. The Live CD lets you try it without writing anything to your hard drive.

Download the ISO and Write the ISO back to a CD. Google how to write an ISO. It is not copy the file to the CD. Don't use the USB thumb drive Install.. It can be written to. A Finalized CD can't be written to by malware keeping your source clean.

Boot the CD to run Ubuntu. Use Ubuntu with the Archive Manager to open the zip file to view the contents. If it contains an .exe file, Ubuntu will be unable to open the exe file. Safe. If it is a jpeg, you can view it.

I do this when reviewing these for security. Sometimes they contain infected screensavers or other extensions. You can extract the .exe or other file and save it to a thumb drive to later scan with a regular AV program. Just avoid the temptation to run an exe contained in a zip claiming to be photos. It is not to be trusted.

The paranoid can unplug the hard drive for testing. I have a bench machine without a hard drive for testing.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic