SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Family member being scammed, what to do?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scammerssuckbutt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys,
I am fascinated by this sport of scambaiting, good work! I might even bait a few of my own.
But at the moment, my real concern is for a close family member who is being scammed dry by this guy and she refuses to believe he is a scammer.
For a start, he writes in broken English, claims to be an architect (who doesn't exist), claimed he was going to visit her here and had made a booking at a local hotel (there was no such booking made), his photos are clearly from a modelling site (I couldn't trace them through Tin Eye though), he has made other fake emails to pretend to email her as other people telling her "how lucky she is to have a guy like that" etc.
Because he tells her he loves her and acts like he is a wealthy Englishman, she is totally sucked in and tells us we're bad for doubting her "husband" (within about a week to talking to her he was referring to her as his wife and asking her to marry him).
He then claimed he was in Nigeria and had everything stolen, she sent him over $3000 and refuses, of course, to give it back. He will clearly keep taking more money from her because she is "in love" with this persona.
He's a really cocky creep, if you contact him and tell him to buzz off he still pretends to be in character.
He is obviously, clearly fake, because he claims things like Edinburgh is 50 kilometres from London, which is of course rubbish.

His details are as follows:

Emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (his supposed sister)
[email protected] (A woman who writes, in his exact same writing style, telling her she is lucky to have him)
Supposed address: 25a Buckingham Palace Rd, West London
Phone number as given by the scammer: +447035938544

I guess, my question is, how can we get rid of this creep? He has already taken all her savings, and he will keep taking money from her. We have told her but he has her so smitten she just won't believe it.
scammerssuckbutt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, this is his online pen pal profile I was able to find: http://free.penpal.net/Eddy001
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you haven't already, feel free to sign for the sister site scamwarners. www.scamwarners.com

Many of us also have accounts there, and they'll be able to give you better advice than I could ever hope to.

If you have photos, there is an extension for newer versions of Mozilla firefox called "Who stole my pictures" it has six different types of image search (inc tineye and google image search), that may help identify your lad.

The phone number is a redirect. though it LOOKS like it is UK based it can in fact be from anywhere in the world. She really does need to drop him, as long as she's in contact with him, he'll keep asking for money, since she's given her cash already.

if you could get the header info from one of his emails, you could trace his IP address back to where he really is. Your lad puts in a bit more work than usual, with the extra characters, but he's still sticking to a scamming format.

welcome to eater btw, I wish it was under better circumstances

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
scammerssuckbutt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Smile She really does need to drop him, but sadly he is just so good at convincing her. I will do what you have suggested. And I look forward to baiting some of my own. These people are truly scum.
scammerssuckbutt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

His IP is 209.85.210.47, it says it is America but I wonder if he is operating behind a proxy?
chevin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

scammerssuckbutt wrote:
Hi guys,
I am fascinated by this sport of scambaiting, good work! I might even bait a few of my own.
But at the moment, my real concern is for a close family member who is being scammed dry by this guy and she refuses to believe he is a scammer.
For a start, he writes in broken English, claims to be an architect (who doesn't exist), claimed he was going to visit her here and had made a booking at a local hotel (there was no such booking made), his photos are clearly from a modelling site (I couldn't trace them through Tin Eye though), he has made other fake emails to pretend to email her as other people telling her "how lucky she is to have a guy like that" etc.
Because he tells her he loves her and acts like he is a wealthy Englishman, she is totally sucked in and tells us we're bad for doubting her "husband" (within about a week to talking to her he was referring to her as his wife and asking her to marry him).
He then claimed he was in Nigeria and had everything stolen, she sent him over $3000 and refuses, of course, to give it back. He will clearly keep taking more money from her because she is "in love" with this persona.
He's a really cocky creep, if you contact him and tell him to buzz off he still pretends to be in character.
He is obviously, clearly fake, because he claims things like Edinburgh is 50 kilometres from London, which is of course rubbish.

His details are as follows:

Emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (his supposed sister)
[email protected] (A woman who writes, in his exact same writing style, telling her she is lucky to have him)
Supposed address: 25a Buckingham Palace Rd, West London
Phone number as given by the scammer: +447035938544

I guess, my question is, how can we get rid of this creep? He has already taken all her savings, and he will keep taking money from her. We have told her but he has her so smitten she just won't believe it.

I have set up a new account with a mail service so that I can take on some of these men trying to swindle women. If you let me have the address of the site and the guy concerned, perhaps I can make life difficult for them.
justwhistle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thought the Princess might have a mess with him too.

Will let you know if he bites.

'cook and bull story' & 'I'm beginning to think you're only fun fooling me' - Doni boi
'You big fool think you know IP, I cold be anywear' - dave
'Well am very confused about the hole thing
darling' - Paul
I,m very disappointed on you - David Donald
swiss_cheese
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you know if he initially posted on a few web sites like dating?
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well maybe if a few of us write to your lad, we can show show your mum the responses. If he's sticking to a script, they should almost be word for word, which will show he's not who he says he is

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Welshcake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just checked the address for you and 192.com show the following info for 25 Buckingham Palace Road (actually I was there last week and there are no flats there, only businesses)

W A Fairhurst & Partners - Engineers (Consulting)
Warwick House, 25, Buckingham Palace Road, Westminster, London, SW1W 0PP
Telephone: 020 7828 8205 Fax: 01580 201 660
Web: http://www.swiftwork.com View more »
Basis Ltd - Management And Business Consultants
Telephone: 020 7553 5300 Fax: 020 7553 5301
Web: http://www.basis.co.uk View more »
Baxendale Walker - Financial Advisers (Independent)
Telephone: 020 7630 4570 Web: http://www.baxendalewalker.co.uk View more »
Bookmakers Afternoon Greyhound Services Ltd - Greyhound Racing
Telephone: 020 7434 0123 Fax: 020 7434 0444
View more »
Mayday Healthcare Plc - Employment And Recruitment Companies And Consultants
Telephone: 0870 343 0043 Web: http://www.maydayhealthcareplc.co.uk View more »
Constructing Excellence - Estate Agents
Telephone: 020 7592 1100 Fax: 0118 975 0404
View more »
Constructing Excellence Learning Ltd
View more »
Constructing Excellence Measurement Ltd
View more »
Constructing Excellence It Ltd
View more »
Constructing Excellence In The Built Environment Ltd - Central Heating Systems (Installation And Servicing)
Telephone: 020 7592 1100 View more »
Basis Consulting Ltd
Telephone: 020 7808 6200 View more »
A B B Ltd - Trade Assoc & Regulatory Bodies
Telephone: 020 7434 2111 Web: http://www.abb.uk.com
tsunsh69
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This man is also on Facebook. Today, he has 15 friends at the moment.
His profile says that he works in something named Coll and he graduated from Oxford Uni in 1992.

He recently contacted me and he sent me photos and told me his wife has died. He also had a sister named Rachael and a lot of other things. He is operating at the website: penpalsnow.
TownEnder
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This lad will be getting alot of unwelcome phone calls very shortly. Please let me know if he changes his number for some reason!

Twisted Evil

" - Alison Smith
justwhistle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He hasn't replied to any of the four baits I sent so he's a careful one, I don't give up that easily though think that Tilly might interest him Twisted Evil

'cook and bull story' & 'I'm beginning to think you're only fun fooling me' - Doni boi
darling' - Paul
justwhistle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gottcha! http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=220109

darling' - Paul
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic