SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wobiii
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been trying to sell some stuff on cl for a while now and keep getting blasted with "I'll send you a money order and arrange for shipping" scams. I was thinking about having them send a fake money order to the local police department and then giving a fake shipping address. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this. I'd like to get the police involved and get rid of these jackasses if I can. Any advise would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't see anything about it on a quick look through.
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

These lads are easy to bait. Normally just a couple emails at first then they will write to let you know the check has arrived.

I suggest baiting them. They normally write something like this "Is this item still available". Use a baiting email separate from your real life and respond. Use a drop box. One is available for premium members. Do not involve innocent third parties (ITP). Having the checks sent to the PD will probably be trashed.

Bait safe. Get yourself a free mentor. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

Meanwhile read the stickies. Here is a good start. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
wobiii
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, after I put up the post I saw the rules about innocent 3rd parties. Although I really wouldn't consider the police one I'll abide by the rules. My intention was to get the assholes arrested if it were possible even if it was unlikely. I have to admit that I don't fully understand this scam. I'm selling a dishwasher. It would cost more to ship than what I'm selling it for. Also I did contact them back with a real email address so will have to change that around to mess with them a bit. But I'm game. lol, tired of these "is your item still available" crap.

Thanks.
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The way it works is the scammer will send you a fake check. Hoping that you will deposit it into your bank account. Your item for sale may be less than $500.00. They will send the check in an amount around $3,000.00. They want you to immediately go to Western Union and send the difference to the moving/shipping company. Reason being in a few days your bank will give you some bad news about that check. Once you send by Wu the money is gone forever.

Do not use a mailing address tied to your Rl. I prefer the drop box. Post some headers and we can tag team them.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Tom Terrific
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I always use a vacant house in the neighborhood. That way i can retrieve the fake check when the courier drops it off. I have more fun whipping out a $2,000.00 cashiers check made out to Bilbo Baggins at the local bar than you could imagine!

"Send money now or I do voodoo on you and make die!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic