SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Welcome New Member. Please Introduce Yourself Here.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Emperor Pu-Ping,

Read the stickies, bait safe, sign up for a mentor and above all bait safe.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Qwackerjax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I've been lurking this forum for a while now. I've been totally amazed at some of the stories I've read here, and hope that, at some time, I'll be able to contribute.

Thanks for what you guys are doing Smile
tocansam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Love the work you all are doing and hope to contribute in the future.
Life is just too busy for me right now with work and family...but will contribute assistance and ideas when possible.

Keep up the good work....
Unbelievably funny and admirable.

PS... I want to go to Atlantis.... Shocked Laughing

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, both of you Smile

I'll give both of you my checklist for new members
- Read the stickies
- Read ongoing/finished baits
- Bait safe
- Have fun Smile

@tocansam - Then join us in the Atlantis thread to have some fun with him. If you have some good ideas, we might just put them in, and when life's less busy, we hope to still have the Atlantis-mugu around.

best quote: I HATE MYSELF MORE EACH DAY TO REALISE THAT I FALL A VICTIM.
Closed lad accounts x2

United KingdomUnited StatesBurkina FasoGhanaCanadaSpainNigeriaGermanyIreland-x14
Closed lad accounts x5 - Charity lads
Closed lad accounts x6 x2
Easter Egg 2012
"Why will i be afraid? Even the government knows its was a result of what they did to us back then, although is not encouraging but it can't stop" - Lad answering if he's afraid of being punished
Blasphemous
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone! I've been on and off this site for years and have done some 419 baiting and it's been a lot of fun. I figure after... 5 years or more, i should probably join the forum and get more active since it truly is a lot of fun. Anyway, I'll post my experiences and look forward to reading more of yours!
malmel
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all Smile My work was recently contacted by a scammer (wanted work done on a car, we were supposed to take his CC over the phone and then Western Union it to the tow company) and it made me remember you guys were here. Been reading over the site and decided I wanted to get in on it Smile Leaving the guy that knows where I work alone, but my brand-new gmail address has already been harvested. Should be fun...
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello malmel and welcome

Read the stickies and the university, sign-up for a mentor, bait safe and above all have fun.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
BroncoBill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wanted to make my introduction. Call me Bronco. I just found this site a few months ago and have laughed my rear off at all the shenanigans you guys and gals pull on these lads. I spend a lot of time on the road and this sort of fun sure beats the hell out of staring at hotel room walls or holding a bar stool up. Never could I have imagined I would have spent 2 hours creating a 20 page questionnaire for a church... But I did and hope that the tool that wanted me to cash his checks for him is willing to play. I love all the great ideas you folks come up with and hope you don't mind if I borrow and modify a bit. Mostly I have been messing with the gold guys, just playing dumb and getting them to text me 20 times a day...
I hope to continue this hobby for quite a while and do the good lords work.
Cheers
Bronco
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome one and all. Glad to have you on board to help us play with the lads.

After y'all are blurry eyed from all the reading, stop by here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&t=206694 and sign up for of the nice mentors.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
AnalSax
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello!

I came across this site from a link in a Yahoo news article. I have a lot of free time on my job (working at a City Hall in Japan) which I normally spend reading news articles, but after I found this site I figured that it would be far more productive and enjoyable for me to start baiting instead!

I get a lot of scam e-mails to my work e-mail, well I don't know if you can go as far as calling them scams, more so just spam - they mainly come out of Portugal, but I've gotten them from Russia, Ukraine, etc. Basically the person just sends a blanket mail out to every single city hall e-mail address they can get their hands on and ask us to send them free goods from our city like pens, books, flags, t-shirts, etc. which I can only assume their goal is to amass enough of to start a store?? (That seriously has to be the slowest and lowest income possible.) I started to get fed up with these people so now whenever I get their e-mails back I enjoy requesting that they first send me random items from their city as well (to which I haven't gotten any replies unfortunately Razz). However after reading the legendary Adamu/Famous bait (where I took my name from) I realized it was my destiny to move on to proper baiting.

If I can send a lad on safari I will die happy.

Nice to meet you all!
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello AS,

Get yourself a mentor> http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

While waiting for your mentor read here> http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738

My advice is to read all the stickies you can. The safari threads do have some very helpful tips and ideas. Just keep in mind safari's are not an everyday occurrence.

Everyone here is helpful and friendly so be relaxed and enjoy.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
MotorGlassRob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just signed up for the forum today. I found out about this site when I was added on Twitter by @419Eater. Didn't even know it existed. Presumably I was located when I said "419" somewhere in the body of a tweet.

I was, in fact, beginning to dabble in "scambaiting" myself when I made that tweet. I'm a young, struggling attorney in the Detroit area, and have recently been receiving a lot of the 419 e-mails directed at lawyers.

I've done a quick search on the website and haven't found anything regarding these specific types of scams. But I'm assuming they've been discussed here before? The most typical scenario is an e-mail from a foreign divorcee regarding her ex-husband who lives "in your jurisdiction," and is refusing to pay on a substantial divorce settlement. After signing a contingency fee agreement the ex-husband almost immediately coughs up a check, to avoid litigation. I just in fact received my first "settlement check."

I've received a couple of e-mails from my "client" asking if I've received the check/deposited it, and asking for a response so she can tell me where to wire the funds, less my fee. Still trying to decide how to proceed messing with this guy.

I have a couple other on the hook right now too. I'm looking to have some fun with this.

I know a lot of people might be less sympathetic towards lawyers being scammed, but hey, we're people too. And if a young, hungry solo practitioner like me were to fall for this, it could be really devastating.

Last edited by MotorGlassRob on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome MotorGlassRob

You mentioned that you received your first settlement check. You can post it up in here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100200. Please mark it fake first using http://www.scamwarners.com/main/fak.php or some other way such as PAINT, etc to mark FAKE.

Check your PM's. Very Happy

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome MGR! This format is in here and we are sympathetic to it. In your particular case, it is best to drop any communication as they have your real information. If you want to bait them start fresh with an address that is not connected to you in any way.

It has been a few months since we've seen that format out here. I happened to find one by accident. Maybe you would know better how to bait these. Once I asked for a copy of the divorce papers I was dropped.

If you go to Help, Hints & Tips and read all of the stickies, then do the same at Eater University you should have a good idea how to secure your communications.

HH&T on the front page also has a mentor program! They are worth their weight in gold. Just don't pay them by Western Union!

EDIT: If you see any of my posts talking bad about lawyers, please don't take it personal!

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello new members.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome MGR. We are glad to have you here. Can you edit your name on your check? Not quite sure if that is a problem, but we try not to let any of our real life details get out there.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!

If you'd like to bait scammers who mail checks, you probably want to get a premium membership, which gives you access to the dropbox and the phone server. Also, if you have a fake check, you should mark the picture of it as fake, such as by opening it in the Gimp and typing a transparent text over it. There's an area of Scamwarners for posting fake checks, passports, and other documents.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
MotorGlassRob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the messages already!

I went ahead and edited out the link with the check image. I understand and appreciate the desire to stay anonymous on this site. I'll try to get up an edited copy on that dedicated thread soon.

That said, I'm not very afraid of these scammers having some of my contact info. They're not really targeting me; they're targeting my open-to-the-public small business. The perpetrators of these scams locate and directly target attorneys, using information that is already public (i.e. my office location, my business e-mail and phone number). In addition, these scams are done entirely by mail. They never make an attempt to contact you in person. And the checks are typically sent from Canada.

I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed on this one in particular, but I may string them along a little, at least. I like wasting their time and energy. I like the idea that right now, there's some asshole scammer sitting in front of their computer, continuously checking for an e-mail response because they think they've hooked a sucker.

Quote:
Once I asked for a copy of the divorce papers I was dropped.

Actually, it's standard practice now for these scammers to provide a divorce judgment early on. Typically once you respond, they'll ask for you to send them a fee agreement, which they can sign and scan and send back. In that same message, they'll send you the divorce judgment, along with a settlement agreement.

The first time I got contacted by one of these goons, I'm ashamed to say that I almost fell for it, at first. It was the divorce judgment that tipped me off. It's so laughably bad, I can't believe it fools anybody. First of all, it's usually from a "Japanese" court, yet it's entirely in English. And it has this hilarious "scales of justice" clipart stretching across the background of the documents. Where did they get the idea that any court anywhere does that? It looks like a kiddy divorce document.

I'll try to post that stuff as well. In the mean time, I'm going to lay low and read some stickies in my free time. Glad to be a member of this community![/quote]
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm not very afraid of these scammers having some of my contact info.
Please don't think this way. We like to be safe here. They may be elsewhere but we never know if they have friends near us. This has happened before. We still don't know what has happened there. These people are criminals.

When I first found that format, it was only a faxed copy and it is in Surplus about 3-4 months back. It looks like they are refining their game now if they are are sending papers with it.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, MotorGlassRob! Very Happy

We don't see this scam often at Eater because it's a very targeted one, and also a very sophisticated scam. You can read more about it at our sister site, Scamwarners.com. There's a summary here. The official agency IC3 has also posted an informative warning.

Most of the scams we see on this baiting site are broader and not necessarily aimed at any particular profession.

I would very strongly encourage you to drop all contact with the scammers. These scams are considerably more sophisticated than the common "next of kin" sort of fraud, and they are typically run by gangs with very wide reach. Writing and sending fake checks costs them money. They don't like spending money; they like stealing it. If you start to mess with them there's no telling what they might do in retribution. Don't think that because you're in a western city or town that you are safe; there are large gangs based in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Spain, and many other 'first world' countries. It is common for scammers to form alliances and work on "jobs" together, splitting the proceeds. The checks are almost always sent from Canada but that doesn't mean there isn't someone affiliated with the gang based within an hour's drive of your office. It's just not worth the risk. ANY risk.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
MRSPIGGY
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello's I am MRSPIGGY. I posted some very sad attempt on this on an MMA fourm and a mod shot me the link to here. You are all very gifted! I am looking to kill some of the bordom of work. Unlike Ms. JW's 6 page bait I realy do work oil rigs around the world so my IP's are never the same. Hope to learn from the best!
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi MRSPIGGY,

Glad to see you here.

Remember to bait safe and read the stickies

You can ask for a mentor here. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

While you are waiting for your mentor. You can read some good stuff here.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome MISSPEGGY.

Read all the stickies, announcements at the start of each thread, and Eater U.

Since you have made that first obligatory post you can sign up for a mentor here. Mentor Signup

ninja'ed by toomuchfun

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
BulletProof
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thought I'd say hello. While I've lurked here for years, I'm just getting started with baiting. I'm a product manager at an antivirus company and have recently become more and more concerned about social engineering types scams. I'd like to learn more by participating in some baiting operations myself, and I'd really like to waste some of these scammer's time and resources. Take care everyone and I look forward to talking to and learning from you guys on the forum.

Much Respect,

BP
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, BP. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic