SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Texting Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TangoDown
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got a text just a few minutes ago telling me I'd won a $500 gift card from Amazon. My wife likes to sign up for a lot of stuff like this so the first thing I do is call her and ask if she knows anything about it. She didn't. So I did a little googling and came up with this site:
http://www.callercenter.com/

Found out I'm not the only one to get one of these texts. So I reported it.

Now what I'm wondering is if this is a scam, or if the link sent to me is some kind of virusy type thing or something else just as devious. I know someone around here has to know what's going on here.
Zombifreak
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Although I don't know this specific I know the type, it could either give you virus or it could ask you for your info like SSID, Bank account, etc. Luckily you used your common sense and did not fall for it. It is definitely a scam and you should just ignore it and report it also.
TangoDown
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Zombi. Other than reporting the number, which has already been done, is there anything in my power to make these jerks life a little more miserable?
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw a story about this in my area a few days ago. It has been turned in to the Attorney General here and the reporter actually followed the directions. It was CC phishing. One of them has a link to a website but I didn't see the link details.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a story in today's news that explains this latest scourge.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
skyshots99
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds like one of those sales pitches where as YOU have to sign up for a bunch of other offers then you will be " rewarded " LOL,,, with the gift card.
I get them all the time and it is a pretty deceitful way to get you to buy something
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic