SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A little advice - Vague banking details

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scaffle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After getting fed up of me pretending I can't open some forms, a lad I'm baiting has sent me the form as an e-mail (rather than an attachment) and included two e-mail addresses I can send it back to, both of which he claims are for the relevant bank. He has also included an address and contact name for the bank in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. He hasn't, however, provided a web address.

Does this sound like a fake bank that could be closed down, or will they just be random details used to make it look like I'm e-mailing a bank? I've no intention of filling his form in or sending anything to either of the e-mail addresses, but I can try and get a web address out of him if anyone thinks there might be a fake bank worth shutting down.
Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do a whois lookup for the domain, even if there is no webpage, this means, if the e-mail adress is [email protected], then look for http://fakebank.org, if it appears to be a pay domain, then report it and you'll have your flag.

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
Scaffle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing doing, sadly. Nevermind. Patience and perserverance will "be my watch word", to use a favoured lad phrase, despite the presence of more than one word.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't pass "@" or "http" to the whois program. You just type "whois fakebank.org" on the command line. (I use jwhois, but unless you run into problems with certain IP addresses, it doesn't much matter.)

And yes, you can get email-only domains shut down. One of my flags is for the HeritageC loan scammer email-only domain.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Scaffle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tip, vonpaso xlura.

Whois still returns no results on this one, unfortunately. I have two e-mail addresses, and a bank address, but I don't think that's enough, is it?
Kronuk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive had a few like this and the best thing to do is to send them an email asking how to create an account.

If the lad has access to fake bank sites then the bank will direct you there. If not then you will just get an email form to fill in.

I think this is a good way to tell what resources your lad has for his scam.

If you lad has only the form filling bank then you already know how to drag it out.
snaglessdavits
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this the bait that involves a Dr O u s m a n?

Pretty sure you're only dealing with fake email accounts there, not an actual domain, if it's the same scam I'm baiting...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic