SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Aussie scammer dupes Nigerian scammers. Much mirth ensues.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Adam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/aussie-woman-scammed-nigerians-court/story-e6frf7ko-1226279598283

I hope this doesn't constitute discussion of cash baiting. Smile
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All of 'em are scammers!

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/breaking-news/aussie-woman-scammed-nigerians-court/story-e6frg90f-1226279598283

as far as I see that, the woman was hooked as a mule and had access to large amounts of money. and she spent it instead off informing the police. very bad idea to be a mule for them.

I would not consider it cashbaiting, but it's still a very bad idea.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The other article posted by brainiac:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/aussie-woman-scammed-nigerians-court/story-e6frf7ko-1226279598283

While the link to Eater is nice publicity, the comparison of this woman's actions to any bait here is completely inappropriate. This woman is not a baiter. She is not fighting scammers. She is a thief, plain and simple.

While the articles don't make it clear whether she recognized the scam before she took the money, I can guarantee that her decision to take it was unrelated anyway. She didn't care whether the money belonged to victims, or a legitimate company. She thought she had the opportunity to steal thousands of dollars without getting caught, and she took it. She deserves to end up in jail along with the scammers themselves.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/australian-woman-turns-tables-nigerian-scammers-175755518.html

besides, there is another thing, I didn't like:

Quote:

If you're not familiar with the so-called Nigerian Scam, also known as the (419) scam, or Advanced Fee Fraud, here's a brief explainer: the fraud works by convincing an individual to give money and/or bank account access to a third-party in exchange for future financial rewards.

that's the explanation why they need to recruit a mule, not the advance fee fraud itself.

and it's advance fee fraud, not advanced fee fraud. Twisted Evil

the reference to the bait, where the scammer went to chad to go to a western union office doesn't look too good for us too. either we are on the same level as her at cheating lads or the things she did were not so bad after all.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Nothing out of the ordinary about that. Journalists worldwide tends to settle for a fraction of the whole picture. It's sometimes a wonder that journalism is considered an academic discipline.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's an article in the Daily Wail as well...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105547/Scammers-scammed-Nigerian-conmen-duped-22-000-fraudster.html

Some of the comments (indirectly) mention scambaiting, and there are a couple of comments mentioning Eater.

Sadly many of the comments seem to be praising this woman - it's a bit annoying..

EDIT
Taken from the Herald Sun link posted by Dorothy
Quote:
He [the judge] adjourned the sentence to allow her time to provide further details of money she claimed was in a bank account that would allow her to make some repayments.

So some vics might actually get their money back because she stole it from Nigerian scammers!
Agree she's a thief, but 'some' good will come of this and there is some kind of poetic justice here. Smile
Can you imagine how those lads must be feeling right now? *warm fuzzy feeling*

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDane wrote:
^^^ Nothing out of the ordinary about that. Journalists worldwide tends to settle for a fraction of the whole picture. It's sometimes a wonder that journalism is considered an academic discipline.

Ah, well.

I posted a comment at the Wail and now I feel much, much better about the whole affair.
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
Me too; 60 green arrows as well as mentioning Eater - I feel quite chuffed! Smile

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not surprised baiting was brought up in conjunction. Whenever I tell civilians about my dirty little hobby, most assume cash baiting is my endgame.

But, to me, the possibility of making a quick buck, and potentially making some new friends in a prison shower isn't as appealing as the possibility of making a lad light himself on fire for my made-up religion.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic