SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The ethics of a scammer seeking deltree

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Narcisschism
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wrote a small program that can delete any directory and its contents if the user enters the proper credentials into the login form. I was considering sending this to a scammer and telling them that this is the online portal for my bank, and the easiest way for us to transfer monies. What I was thinking of doing was making it delete their system32 file thus corrupting their operating system. I'm new here, but I was curious if this is acceptable behavior because I can think of how this might be ethically grey.

Image[/img]
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but I was curious if this is acceptable behavior because I can think of how this might be ethically grey.

Hi, welcome here and I apologize for locking your thread.

We don't really see this as a grey issue at all.

Please take a bit of time to read here

Quote:
We do not support the sending of viruses and "trojans" to the scammers, nor attempts to hack, phish or hijack their email accounts and/or computers. Viruses and "trojans" will be unknowingly spread to the computers of innocent people and we are only trying to make it difficult for the scammers. On top of that, the spreading of viruses and hacking attempts is an illegal activity in the UK, where this Board is located, as well as many other jurisdictions. Please do not start topics on such subjects. **snipped this bit for now - TS**

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic