SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How much are my lads paying for calls?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Finbarr Saunders
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Flextel 070 number forwarding to a UK pay as you go mobile. I've been doing up to an hour of talk time per day (not sure how long I can keep up this pace ) mostly from Nigeria of course. I've asked Flextel how much these call charges are but they're very vague and can't/won't tell me. Does anyone know roughly how much my lads will be paying?
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

some lads claim, they are really expensive, 4-6$/minute or so. some months back, there was a lad who made a terrible mistake. he did not end the call... and the baiter did not end it either. the call lasted one more hour, till laddy found out.

normal calls are very cheap...

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Finbarr Saunders
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks that's good to know, and from now on I'm never going to hang up first Twisted Evil
portia
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to work for a telco and you would have overseas students running up enormous bills on their cellphones by accepting collect calls from overseas mobiles. Some were being charge nearly $50 NZ ($40 USD) a minute depending which country the calls originated from.
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

could you tell us more? this sounds very interesting Twisted Evil

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
portia
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was mainly Chinese students. One girl rang up in tears to the call centre after getting her first bill of $25,000 NZD around $18,000 US and that was a fair few years ago so you could probably double it in todays money.

She was accepting collect calls from mobiles in China on her NZ mobile and talking for ages. There were a few technical anomalies around it but we used to get loads of them in the beginning of the year when they all started their courses.

If you could get the lads to accept them, they have to be from mobiles rather than landlines they may start getting enormous bills, their phones shut down and screw up their credit. and have the debt collecters after them. It may not be the same now but it could be worth a shot. It is something to do with the termination rate agreements between the telcos. Generally the termination rate is set at the receiving phone.
GeorgSimonOhm
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Finbarr Saunders wrote:
Thanks that's good to know, and from now on I'm never going to hang up first Twisted Evil

Set the phone into mute mode (microphone off) and the scammer might think you hung up.
I used to have a cell phone where this could easily happen by chance as the button was located near where I held it.

You could do this several times to a lad though I doubt that the lad woudn't check the line after the first time.

I just had a quick look at phone rates in Nigeria.
MTN, one of the main providers in N. has a plan for prepaid phones which charges 20 kobo per second for a call to UK or the U.S. That is about 1/10 of a cent per second (http://www.mtnonline.com/products-services/mtn-packages/super-saver-prepaid). So one minute would be sth like 7-8 cents, not dollars.
Calling a Flextel number could be more expensive but it sure wouldn't ruin the guys.

GSO
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ you have to remember that in Nigera a couple of dollars is a whole load of money, the figures I found give an average annual wage as being $1140 in 2009.

Most lads will be on pay-as-you-go plans and I repeatedly have lads whining at me because they have run out of credit and lads have actually asked me to pay them in phone credits from time to time.

A good trick to get a lad to burn through his phone credits (which means he has less to spend contacting real vics) is to answer the call and then make whistling or crackling noises (scrunching a piece of paper up by the receiver works a treat). Lad will hang up and call again. Some plans are connection + time so each time he calls it costs Smile

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
GeorgSimonOhm
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So they might go with a plan like this one: http://www.mtnonline.com/products-services/mtn-packages/paygo/tariffs-on-mtn-paygo

That triples their costs to about 25 cents/minute or 15$/hour Twisted Evil

I'd say that several hours of phoning around could really hurt at least the purses of the less wealthy guys considerably. Now I understand why you can frequently hear lads begging for money on the phone. Shocked

GSO
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you use something like sipgate, a nice loooong outgoing message containing a recording of a ringing tone makes the lad think you haven't answered yet, but his credit tells a different story.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Especially if you can splice in a nice lady saying " the person you are calling is on another call, please hold" or something similar. Get that repeated every 30 seconds and the lads credit is goooooone Evil or Very Mad

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone at eater used a recording of numbered menu options, "to make an appointment, press 1. To speak to (baiting name) press 2", then into the second menu level, then the third and so on, just like BT. Select the option you think you want, until you eventually hit a deeper menu level and a brick wall, where the option you want is no longer there. You could add in "I'm sorry, we did not recognise your choice. Please try again " as many times as you like. Have plenty of cheesy hold music. Lads love things like that as much as we do.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^
It would be great if someone could devise a 'voice activisation' option menu as well, eg.......'or to speak to Mr Smith, say Bollocks'.

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic