SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hello All

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
WelshLad
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Just introducing myself to the forum as couldnt find a particular thread sticky for new members.

Used to work for a UK bank some years ago dealing with Overseas accounts and used to have some fun back then (when things were more relaxed) speaking to Nigerians in the main.

Sadly our fraud officer also had to deal with paperwork relaring to numerous deaths of genuine nigerian customers..... even being paid a visit by the FBI relating to one death in Miami. Anyway I digress.....

I remember baiting someone a few years ago, and was amazed when the local DHL office rang me to say they couldnt find "Letsby Avenue" but had a parcel to deliver to me. The scammer also rang me which spooked me at the time as I didnt think they would be so keen etc!!

Anyway came across this website and it has envigorated my appetite for baiting - some of the web owners stories have had me in tears of laughter - the carved head being an amazing one.

Incidentally my father-in-law who is in his 70's and extremely gullible is being harrassed by numerous scammer ladies and keeps sending money / paying for their phone credit but genuinely wont listen to any of us that its a scam.... So taking my revenge in another way!
WelshLad
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops just saw the sticky for new members - mod's please move if you like.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Smile

I'm sorry to hear your father in law has been a victim of these villains. It's a horrible situation to be in.

Have you tried directing him to Scamwarners, or similar sites which could shed some light on the situation and perhaps help him avoid getting turned over in future? It may be useful if he will listen to you.

Remember - remain detached; bait safe.

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome WelchLad. The Mods here are understanding. Not lenient, but understanding. Laughing

If you are lucky you will only be on one "special list" in the Mod room. I believe I am on several and I am still here...

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome...if you want you can post the emails (and headers) of the mails your father gets and we can determine if they are frauds and if so, there are several people on here who love baiting the romance scammers

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome WelshLad!

Don't worry your not the first new member to make the mistake. Please check out the stickies especially about safe baiting and get a mentor.

Also the folks over at scamwarners are pros and may be able to help your dad. It may seem like small amounts of money now but that's just the start. Romance scammers are the worst in my opinion because the do financial and emotional damage to their victims. Nobody likes to hear their dream is really just a fraud so I'm not surprised to hear he doesn't want to believe. Give the folks over a scamwarners a shot they are there to help.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I should have said the same thing about scamwarners, and they are the worst IMO as well because of the emotional damage...the victims are not only losing thier life savings but thier bestfriend and soulmate all at the same time.

vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he's gullible, it may be aukward to tern him around. Does he understand enough to learn how to spot the signs of a scam? My first romance lad found me on a dating site (I am still single and looking - not actively now though) and it took me a chain of logic to figure out she's a fake, but now whenever any suitor sends me a message saying "I think we can move from here!", I'm pretty sure it's a scam.

Btw, you may want to change your username. "Lad" is our jargon for "scammer".

I third ScamWarners. You can find me (and several other baiters) there, though I do more posting scripts there than anything else.

Welcome to Eater!

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
WelshLad
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the responses. Cant seem to be able to change my profile name now? Was a bit of a stupid choice of name really! Very Happy

The father-in-law just wont accept it.... there have been a couple of different girls from different continents (think the Thai one was genuine - just a timewaster). He denies sending any money but we hacked his own email address and could see he had made small paypal payments but he had deleted a lot of his history.

I think its a bit of a lost cause with him, and my partner now isnt speaking to him because of it! What gets me (and I have no reason to doubt it) is he spends hours on skype to her so there is physically someone there talking to him. They must be seriously putting the hours in for it and their ruse is that she needs money to show to immigration that she can come into the country to meet him. Nuts...

I'm sure there is a link somewhere but how do you view headers and footers of emails anyway. I will be having all my scam baiting coming in via my GMAIL account.
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I missed a welcome post here. I apologize for that!

I think you could possibly PM a mod and ask about a name change.

I will go hunt the link here in a second, but there should be a sticky in HH&T for header info. In Gmail there is a down arrow in the upper right hand corner of the mail itself. Click that and go to "Show Original" and you will be viewing the header!

WELCOME!

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
WelshLad
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi yes found it on gmail thanks.

In respect of the free voicemail service I saw linked too on here, I dont get whats in it for the company? ie they dont ask for any money to sign up?
Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Welsh!

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing wrong with the name WelshLad
For the uneducated, "lad" is a term of endearment not only used in Wales, but other parts of the UK. That's why we call our lads "lads".

We befriend them and gain their trust. We become "mates" with them and they like our company and trust us as good friends. Sometimes they will go out of their way to help us.

They consider themselves to be in our personal group of friends. In otherwords, they become one of the "lads" Very Happy

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

WelshLad
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha had a few new emails today which I have taken great artistic delight in responding too and got two baiters on a 3rd response each.

Am I right in saying with the K7 number that you are allocated you dont need to put an american 001 prefix to the number given?

Cheers
Capt. Tripps
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fowan Nyne wrote:
Nothing wrong with the name WelshLad
For the uneducated, "lad" is a term of endearment not only used in Wales, but other parts of the UK. That's why we call our lads "lads".

Was thinking this myself. Shiver's from Manchester, where "lad" is used all the time as a term of endearment for another male. I for example will walk into the pub (bar) and say to friends, "alright, lads".

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't it TheRegister.co.uk that coined the phrase "the lads from Lagos"?

Capt. Tripps
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard the phrase, but assumed it originated with Shiver and the wake of the site. Nowadays it seems to have lost all literal meaning, with "lad" simply being a universal term for a scammer. As I've said, with Shiver being English and from the north, I assumed the site's association with the term came from him.

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WelshLad wrote:
Haha had a few new emails today which I have taken great artistic delight in responding too and got two baiters on a 3rd response each.

A wee bit of a correction. The GOOD GUYS are baiters, the BAD GUYS are scammers. Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic