SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Does anyone think this will make much difference?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16787503

personally I'm just waaay too cynical to think so, but maybe I'm wrong
(it happens a lot according to my teenage kids)

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IF the email providers can use this to block the phishers it will help, if its a way of checking once you have got the email, then the naive and unsuspecting will still fall for the 'verify your login details' emails.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hopefully it will help, i wonder if they will try and work with netcraft on this?

"GO DRINK POISEN AND SLEEP THEN DIE FUCK WITH YOUR MONEY"

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Along the same sort of idea

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/26/fbi-social-media-monitoring-privacy

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Bateman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From the Press Release at http://www.dmarc.org/news/press_release_20121003.html
DMARC Internet Protection Standard Gains Momentum

SAN JOSE, CA - (Marketwire - Oct 3, 2012)

Quote:
DMARC.org's members include companies that run the world's most popular email services: AOL, Google, Microsoft, Netease, and Yahoo!; financial institutions and service providers: Bank of America, Fidelity Investments, JPMorgan Chase & Co, PayPal; greeting cards: American Greetings; social media properties: Facebook, LinkedIn; and email security solutions providers: Agari, Cloudmark, Return Path and Trusted Domain Project.

The standard's progress has begun to attract non-member adoption as well, with support extending to email-related products: Message Systems; financial institutions and service providers: ING Domestic Bank Nederland; Internet-based service providers: Constant Contact, Contactlab, dotMailer, E-ngine BV, Kitterman Technical Services, Message Bus, ScanMailX, and SendGrid.

"It is impressive to see how many participants in the email industry are cooperating on the use of this protection and reporting capability," said J. Trent Adams, Chair of DMARC.org and Senior Policy Advisor for PayPal. "This level of collaboration with DMARC is needed to effectively defend against domain-spoofed email attacks."

A recent Engineering Interoperability Workshop, held at Facebook headquarters, brought together 20 independent implementations of DMARC for testing to ensure that an email author's address is likely to be legitimate and to improve the ability of a receiving organization to report back to the owner of the address's domain.

It is pleasing to see competitive service providers working in unison to combat Internet fraud.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic