SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craingslist Scam - with a twist

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently offered an item for sale on CL and got the following inquiry:
Quote:
Hello, I saw your ad and I'm most definitely interested in buying this. Where and when can I go pick it up
Louie

I was immediately suspicious because of the vague, generic nature of the response. I checked "Louie's" IP which traced to Santa Ana, California. Just to see what his game is, I sent him a generic reply. Louie came back with this:
Quote:
Sure, thank you for getting back to me. Turns out i shouldn't get it now anyhow… my nephew just put a HUGE dent in my car so now im gonna need to figure out how much money its gonna cost to get it fixed. UGH!

Thank god that he didn't get hurt but of course it has to happen now, when i am finally making really good money from this home income program that i found. You know, if you want, theyve just opened up 2 more positions in our area. Basically you make money by posting links online, its very simple and I just do it while watching tv.

Here is the link if you wanna read about it:

http://www.consumersvoice180.com/?article=467845

I've earned around $800 a week since I started.. not enough to stop working yet but i actually have some spare money in my checking account. Well, maybe not after i have to pay the mechanic bill lol. My sister is going to sign up later and these positions usually go fast, so I'd appreciate it if you don't give the link to anyone else. Thanks!

Obviously Louie had no interest in the item I offered on CL. He's just trying to get people to sign up for some BS "work from home" scheme.

Just thought I would mention it. These creeps are always looking for new ways to get their hands in your pocket.

EDIT: The link in Louie's email leads you to another site. When you try to exit that site, a window pops up begging you not to leave and offering to sell the "system" for $99 off the original $199 price. Sheesh... Evil or Very Mad

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Kariko
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This sounds like a "lockerz" type thing where they get points for recruiting people and stuff. Still, what a jerk, you're actually trying to sell something and he's trying to sell you something back. What goes through their heads? Do they really think someone who is selling a car wants to buy crap right now? Confused

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the same thing one of mine tried the other day.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I listed a car on CL about two years ago. I started getting calls from a guy who could guarentee he could sell it for me (At a price of course). I never returned his calls.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic