SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Changes to Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not sure where this should be posted but I just got this mail from Giggle. Is there anything here that will give us trouble?

Quote:
Google [email protected] to me

show details 9:11 AM (6 hours ago)

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]

Is this email not displaying properly?
View it in your browser.

Dear Google user,

We're getting rid of over 60 different privacy policies across Google and replacing them with one that's a lot shorter and easier to read. Our new policy covers multiple products and features, reflecting our desire to create one beautifully simple and intuitive experience across Google.

We believe this stuff matters, so please take a few minutes to read our updated Privacy Policy and Terms of Service at http://www.google.com/policies. These changes will take effect on March 1, 2012.

One policy, one Google experience
Easy to work across Google Tailored for you Easy to share and collaborate
Easy to work across Google

Our new policy reflects a single product experience that does what you need, when you want it to. Whether reading an email that reminds you to schedule a family get-together or finding a favorite video that you want to share, we want to ensure you can move across Gmail, Calendar, Search, YouTube, or whatever your life calls for with ease.
Tailored for you

If you're signed into Google, we can do things like suggest search queries – or tailor your search results – based on the interests you've expressed in Google+, Gmail, and YouTube. We'll better understand which version of Pink or Jaguar you're searching for and get you those results faster.
Easy to share and collaborate

When you post or create a document online, you often want others to see and contribute. By remembering the contact information of the people you want to share with, we make it easy for you to share in any Google product or service with minimal clicks and errors.
Protecting your privacy hasn't changed

Our goal is to provide you with as much transparency and choice as possible, through products like Google Dashboard and Ads Preferences Manager, alongside other tools. Our privacy principles remain unchanged. And we'll never sell your personal information or share it without your permission (other than rare circumstances like valid legal requests).
Understand how Google uses your data

If you want to learn more about your data on Google and across the web, including tips and advice for staying safe online, check out http://www.google.com/goodtoknow
Got questions?
We got answers.

Visit our FAQ at http://www.google.com/policies/faq to read more about the changes. (We figured our users might have a question or twenty-two.)
Notice of Change

March 1, 2012 is when the new Privacy Policy and Terms will come into effect. If you choose to keep using Google once the change occurs, you will be doing so under the new Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Please do not reply to this email. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. Also, never enter your Google Account password after following a link in an email or chat to an untrusted site. Instead, go directly to the site, such as mail.google.com or www.google.com/accounts. Google will never email you to ask for your password or other sensitive information.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
pilliwinks
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondering the same thing but I figured anything that affects us also affects the lads.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My peeve with them now is trying to change the look of Gmail. I click on "revert to the old look" and the next time I log on it is back to the new stupid look which is hard on my eyes. They keep asking my opinion and I give them my thoughts and yet they persist on foisting this new look on us.

<stepping down off venting soapbox>

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Kariko
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They seem to be trying to "simplify" their original policy so that it is easier to read. Other than that, I don't really know what's going on. Confused

Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have only quickly skimmed through the changes, but I am pretty sure I won't be worrying about it too much. Many of the negative reactions I have read were from people who use Google and Google's related services all the time, so I assume they are always logged into an account. For me personally, I only log in when I am checking email. So any sharing of info across services doesn't bother me much.

Hopefully that's all there is to it, but I still need to sit down and really digest it to be sure.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried to read it but as a non-lawyer my eyes glazed over. Fundamentally, it's like every agreement you have to okay to download anything or even just function online: you essentially have to agree to abandon any privacy. With all these companies, if you want to use their services, you have to let them use your data any way they see fit.

The entire notion of personal privacy as it existed pre-Internet is gone. For those of us who are of an older generation, it's a bit of a shock. For those in my daughter's generation, it's so accepted that people freely post unbelievably personal things all over Facebook and other social networking sites.

When I went into business for myself 20 years ago I set up a PO Box to keep my business separate from my home. Today I still have the box but I often ask myself why I bother; anyone who wants to find my home address can Google it in 3 seconds, and in 3 more seconds can literally look into my front window on street view. If a burglar wanted to case out the area, there are satellite and street views, live traffic maps, locations of the nearest law enforcement, etc. etc. all readily found online. No effort required. Fortunately I don't send tweets letting people I'm at a restaurant or otherwise away from home, which is essentially putting up a "rob me" sign for all the world.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ paranoid much?

Just kidding as I understand completely where you are comming from. I use everything you said to stalk the hot chicks I see in Walmart

Kariko
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Google can scan your memories of people and look them up now? Laughing

I'm joking, of course. Everyone knows they can only scan objects.

deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once googled google and 10 min later a man came to my house and punched me in the face...I dont think that was a coincidence

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Strange... he was supposed to kick you in the 'nads.

Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*squints eyes*

and how would you know what they are supposed to do

I'll be watching you

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On topic please.

I think they are putting into words the way that Google can follow you around the net like a puppy dog, but if you don't want continual ads related to whatever you've been browsing (could be embarrassing), make sure you log out of Gmail, if you use it, don't just close the tab.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Image Hope this helps break down the new Google policy. I think now I understand it better.

I follow Kim Kommando, who has a US based radio show where she discusses all things electronic. The following is from her newsletter.
Quote:

Unraveling Google's updated privacy policy

QUESTION

Hi Kim. I use Google services all the time - Search and Maps, of course, as well as Docs, Calendar and Finance. I'm concerned about Google's new privacy policy and how the company is going to track me and use my information. Should I be worried? Thanks.
-Sean of Tulsa, OK

Quote:
ANSWER

Thanks for the timely question, Sean, and for tuning in to the show every weekend. I don't think Google's new privacy policy is quite the end of the world, as some critics contend. But the change is important and deserves your attention.

For those who haven't heard, on March 1, 2012, Google will roll out a consolidated privacy policy that covers almost all of its products. Currently, it has more than 70 separate privacy documents!

What this change means in practice is that you'll be treated as a single user across all Google products. All your privacy settings will be the same and all your data will available to every other Google service.

Google says this will create a safer, more intuitive experience for users. With the unified platform, for instance, Maps could automatically provide driving directions based on an appointment you've just made in Calendar.

Your searches can become more contextual. If you watch YouTube videos on healthy cooking, Google Search will return healthy recipes first when searching for new dishes to make. You can decide for yourself whether that's cool or creepy.

But make no mistake: Google is also doing this to bring in more targeted advertising revenue and to compete with rival behemoth, Facebook.

The first thing to note with this change is that it doesn't change Google's data-collection policies. It won't, for example, suddenly start monitoring everything you do online.

Of course, that's because Google has already been monitoring everything you do online for the past seven years. If you're worried about data collection, you're a little late.

To answer the question "What does Google know about me?" go to http://www.google.com/dashboard and sign in. The Dashboard gives you an overview of all your activity through Google. It provides links to adjust your settings, privacy and security for every Google service. Note than when the new privacy policy is in place, this page will be much simpler to use.
It's also important to note that Google isn't going to start selling your information to companies. Google's policy is still to share information only when there's a law enforcement need.

Of course, as I said above, Google does use your information for its own targeted advertising, but that isn't new. So, what is everyone upset about?
Well, there is no way to opt out of the new privacy system and stick with the current arrangement. Some people find the examples I gave above very creepy and don't want that level of integration.

They worry what might happen if a third party gets ahold of their consolidated information. Forget advertisers - think about hackers or the government.

I'm not too terribly concerned. As I said, Google has stored all this information for years anyway with few snafus. As long as it maintains its current security and privacy policies, there shouldn't be a problem.
If the new privacy policy makes you uncomfortable, however, your only option is to move away from Google products.

Use Yahoo! or MapQuest for mapping. Stick with Facebook and Twitter instead of Google+ for social networking. Fire up Microsoft Bing for searches.
If you want to stick with Google for searching and can't bear to give up YouTube, that's not a problem. Just don't log in. When you're logged out, your activity won't be associated with your user account.

There's another benefit of diversification: If hackers one day managed to breech Google's network, those other accounts on other servers would be safe. If you're only worried about the increase of targeted advertising, pay a visit to Google's Ad Preferences Manager at https://www.google.com/settings/ads. It allows you to opt out of targeted ads both when you're signed in and signed out.

You'll still see Google ads when you visit other sites and blogs. However, they'll be more generic and you won't get that creepy feeling that you're being followed around.

What about such services as Docs, Calendar and Finance? If you want to ditch them, you'll need to remove all of your data from Google's servers.
Visit Google's data liberation page. Click on any product link and you'll receive directions about how to download your data and remove it from Google. Then download one of these programs to use instead.

The Internet can be a confusing and dangerous place. Here are a few more ideas that will help keep your Web browsing safe and enjoyable.

• When you're on the Internet, you're just one deceptive link or download away from inadvertently putting malware on your computer. Protect yourself with free and effective programs in my Security Center.

• Every business wants to be at the top of a Google search. I tell you how to get there in this tip.

• How does Google's Chrome browser compare to Firefox and Internet Explorer? I compare them for you.

If you are interested in more of Kim's tips, her name is Kim Kommando and you can google her for her website.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Thank you for that Morgain! I used to follow that site.

On a side note, it seems that the phishers are using something similar in Yahoo. I found 2 messages there this morning telling me my email was suspended until I updated my information.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
LidWol47b
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Use Yahoo! or MapQuest for mapping. Stick with Facebook and Twitter instead of Google+ for social networking. Fire up Microsoft Bing for searches.

Or you could just, you know, not use the internet. But that would be silly.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a ton of articles and discussions about this online. My favorite was a Tweet I saw that said "Google: All your data are belong to us".

@Morgain: I'm with you on the new gmail changes. Evil or Very Mad I've given them "feedback" repeatedly as well. I hate the new format; it's much harder to tell which mails are read or unread.
And, I'll also mention that I don't like the new Facebook Timeline. Why do they keep "fixing" things? Confused

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Google: All your data are belong to us"

I feel so OLD

LidWol47b
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
There are a ton of articles and discussions about this online. My favorite was a Tweet I saw that said "Google: All your data are belong to us".

@Morgain: I'm with you on the new gmail changes. Evil or Very Mad I've given them "feedback" repeatedly as well. I hate the new format; it's much harder to tell which mails are read or unread.
And, I'll also mention that I don't like the new Facebook Timeline. Why do they keep "fixing" things? Confused

Facebook is all about advertising, there's no other conceivable reason for it to exist. So these guys want to make it easier for companies to try to sell you crap, by painting a more complete picture of your time on facebook, and not just recently. This is why I no longer have a facebook.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's starting to bug me now is how many times they keep sending the same notice. I have a lot of Gmail baiting accounts so I thought it was just that they were hitting each of them, but no, I realized they're sending them over and over.

I just looked in my main account, they've emailed me the same exact notice 7 times in the past 2 days. And it's not that I'm simply deleting them unread; I did read the first one but they still keep sending them every few hours. Evil or Very Mad

I guess I'm going to have to set up a word filter to flag them as spam.

EDIT: it's been 2 hours and I just got another one in the same box. That's 8 in less than 2 days now.... I finally did create a filter to trash them automatically from now on. This is ridiculous.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have started using the report spam button on them. Wonder if it will make their servers explode if enough people flag mail from them as spam? Laughing Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic