SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nigerian Unrest - safaris on hold

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

news item

Scroll down a bit, there appears to be a block on cross border travel since 31st December, not sure if this has been lifted yet.

Good excuse not to go visit a lad, also, a problem if you want the lad to travel to you, you may have to dangle a bigger carrot to get him to risk a crossing. It does mean that there's a greater chance of him being shot or arrested, getting your lad into this much bother could cause an ethics debate but ought to be worth the risk.

One of my characters is in Chad, and hoping to move to Nigeria to meet up with a long standing lad (Gabriel Fo de) now I have a reason not to turn up.
The same character is also moving from Adre to meet up with the Chad two who are still out there (as of 8th December) in N'djamena. I just hope I don't get caught up in all the troubles.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ethics? The ones lacking ethics here are the lads. Remember, whatever trouble befalls them... it is because they are willingly choosing to perpetuate a scam against what they believe to be an innocent victim. No one is holding a gun to their head forcing them to do it. Just my two cents.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday a lad originating from Delta State said he would pack his trunk boxes and head north for a meeting in Chad. Strangely the lad have since gone cold and silent as a dead fish.
When we (me and Sub) made a call from our Chadian number he was all happy to go, so i doubt he have twigged. He is aware of the problem but we downplayed the problem saying that the borders are open during weekends. If this is really the case we have no idea. But a lad gone silent could also mean he is actually also traveling.

Funny thing is that he is also claiming our money comes from the Boko Haram and that he is a Muslim, providing that this is true (which it isn't) it should prove a piece of cake to travel through the northern part of Nigeria.

Edit: No one is holding a gun to their head at least not before the safari. During the safari though, that is a different matter. Very Happy

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only good scammer is a...........
krudyf_ingernails
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In 2005 I was running a bait that involved my character travelling from Seattle to Europe - where he disappeared having possibly been involved in the 7/7 bombings. My bait was roundly condemned here for crossing an ethical line. Do I detect double standards? In my case, an imaginary character got involved in real events - no-one was actually put in harm's way.

deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ethics...really...as if the true accounts of victims I have read here and at scamwarners were not enough...I just recently had a yahoo chat with a lad where I told him I was going to visit the addy of someone he gave me and put them in the hospital...his reply was a simple OK...that address exist and whether its a mule or an ITP doesnt matter as he doesnt care who gets hurt as long as he gets his $3,000. So I say if any of these guys gets hurt or worst in the process of a bait...screw them

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They do get hurt in safaris, leg injuries seem popular.

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe that's the price of a border crossing.

"You wanna cross into our country hold out a leg!" LOL.
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if some punk is snatching old ladies purses depriving them of their ss check they depend on for medication...and I dress like an old lady with a BIGGER purse...and he chases me, following a trail that leads through pirahna infested waters, is it so terrible if he loses a leg, or arm, or head...I dont think so, and neither do the multitude of grandmas who get to pay for their re-fills each month

sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mentor used to say "If your bait hasn't kicked off an ethics thread then you're not baiting hard enough" Laughing

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They deserve everything they get. Broken bones, what have we. My only regret is that I can't break them personally.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@krudyf_ingernails

Getting lads to go willingly walk in to religious crossfire is an opportunity that we like to use, especially as it is out of their own greed. But what you did was a bit different. You used a real event in your bait. But you didn't use it to possibly get a lad in to trouble as IG suggests. You used it to (i assume) strengthen your bait when you needed your character to disappear.
While there is nothing wrong with that per say you did one big mistake i think. You used a real event that doubtlessly affected many people on this forum in a personal way. Some baiters probably knew people that had been there, or worse. Because of the choice you made with your bait, it was most likely seen as distasteful and over a ethic line. I hope you see the difference.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari

Last edited by Dr Mike on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I think that's at the heart of things.

I dare say making a bait character vanish in a real pipeline blast or Boko Haram bombing would be considered distasteful by those affected by that incident. We could start a whole ethics thread by itself on the use of real disasters to manipulate baits, but I'd rather be torturing lads than getting embroiled in the details.

@sunshine: so true Twisted Evil

Inspector Gadget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads use real events to stimulate scams, so why can't we do the same?
I have no doubt that emails regarding the victims of the cruise liner sinking are already out in the wild.

Personally, I'd have no problem meeting a lad in the middle of a war zone, it's his choice to come to the meet. Bit of a shame if a long running bait gets stopped in its tracks by the unfortunate demise of the lad, but there's an icon for that , so no real loss then.

grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the latest from our Lagos lad:
Quote:

l am still looking for the $615 usd for my air ticket to meet you this week in Chad.

Am realy sorry that i have not been able to come.The national strike that made banks and airports not to work just ended yesterday.

ls there anything you can be able to help me with anything to make up my air ticket?

l will update you once am reday to come this week.

So the unrest has ended and we're back to business as normal.

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
krudyf_ingernails
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dr Mike wrote:
@krudyf_ingernails

Getting lads to go willingly walk in to religious crossfire is an opportunity that we like to use, especially as it is out of their own greed. But what you did was a bit different. You used a real event in your bait. But you didn't use it to possibly get a lad in to trouble as IG suggests. You used it to (i assume) strengthen your bait when you needed your character to disappear.
While there is nothing wrong with that per say you did one big mistake i think. You used a real event that doubtlessly affected many people on this forum in a personal way. Some baiters probably knew people that had been there, or worse. Because of the choice you made with your bait, it was most likely seen as distasteful and over a ethic line. I hope you see the difference.

I do see the difference and I continue to find it ironic. Death and destruction is death and destruction wherever it happens and whomever it happens to.

krudyf_ingernails
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By the way, as it happens, I narrowly avoided being caught up in the 7/7 bombings myself so I feel perfectly fine about using them.

bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ And that, really, is the bottom line of most ethical debates. Where do you draw the line for yourself?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As has been said before, when you reach the point where you feel uncomfortable with what you are doing, or trying to do, you stop.
We each have our own limits, and its a personal decision as to when you call a halt.

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

krudyf_ingernails wrote:
In 2005...

I think has a more simple explanation -- simply, things change. Even here on Eater.

Baiting ideas, techniques, and even the board collective as a whole, isn't the same today as it was 7 years ago. While I haven't been here that long, there are members that have been and I am sure they can attest to this. I know that just in the 3 years I have been here, it has changed a bit.

Baiters that may have taken offense at your use of an event in 2005 are probably no longer here and if you did it now the idea might get a different response.

As there is no 'rule' against using RL events in your bait - certainly you can do it. But that doesn't mean people want to read about it on the forum. Wink

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ exactly

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm just glad the unrest is at bay for the moment. I have had some plans I've had to put on hold.

Hey you think they have chainsaws in Nigeria? I'd like to get some video of lads dressed up as clowns juggling chainsaws.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

krudyf_ingernails wrote:
My bait was roundly condemned here for crossing an ethical line. Do I detect double standards?

Seven years ago? And you think it's relevant now?
Scambaiting has changed beyond recognition in those seven years. Evolution is hardly a double standard.

By the way: I checked through your posts but can't find any thread where you were "roundly condemned". I'd be interested to read it if you can direct me to it.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
spamiscute
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me refer you to the "wise" words of everyone's favourite scammer: Uzodinma Okpechi

"419 is no be thief, is just a game, anybody can playa"

So yeah, let's play them, forget the ethics! /grin Twisted Evil

FR: Father Language
PT: Mother language (BR doable with PT Accent)
ES: Native level Oral (flawless accent), Average written
CN: Can hold an average conversation
NL: Can hold an average conversation
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

for me, these news mean, there must be the greatest opportunities outside nigeria. things, which are worth every risk Twisted Evil

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic