SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Go phishing with Paypal

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
piecrust
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"Tim Soverign" <[email protected]>

Please take one moment to update your Paypal information

http://vtry7asd6.cname.at

Regards

You would look good in Gold
Never use windows auto-fill again, use something much more secure like lastpass for free.

"I am a man of hing reputation." - Loan lad Billy Hord.
"don't even think of given me that crap that you are Deaf and dump or my line is cut off , i don't have a phone please don't.." - Loan lad Billy Hord. (Having been baited to hell)
nathpesoj
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

in google chrome, this site was blocked unless you proceed anyway, more likely a phising

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pie, just forward the email along with the header to: [email protected]. They can take care of it faster than anyone else.

https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/report_problem#report_suspicious_activity-phishing

If you want to do something about a phishing email, google the name of the company/bank + phishing and usually you will find the email addy to send to.

Additionally, you can post up phishing sites at http://www.phishtank.com/

Hope this helps. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had 2 of these in my baiter account this morning. I wanting to verify and one about limited service. Both sent to the Spoof@PP!

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
adda717
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for this info. I just got a paypal phish in my catcher account and didn't know what to do with it.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to help, adda717. And good job in not falling victim to the phish. Thumbs up

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Silverskin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just signed up because I wanted to get some info on the fake paypal emails I get. They follow the format of:

You have paid £** for blah blah

If you did not authorize this payment use this link to cancel

OR

Suspicious activity has been identified on your account and your account will be suspended in 48 hours if you do not verify your details.

I just wanted to know more about these - are they viruses on links or some scam?
adda717
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They are links to websites made to look like the real website so that you sign in and your username and password is sent to the person or people who sent you the email in the first place. They then have full access to your account using your credentials.
Silverskin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So a scam then?

They aren't very good! They copy the font and all that but there are so many discrepancies, including the all important Paypal at the top! I must admit I find it hard to understand why anyone would fall for them as the first thing you would do is sign into your Paypal account surely?

Anywhere I can report these - or are there so many that it just isn't worth the bother?
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SilverSkin, look at Dora's post above.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
adda717
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know you can forward the paypal ones to [email protected]

Each company is different. I just got one from Wells Fargo and forwarded it to them.

It is a scam and a bad one at that but unfortunately people fall for them left and right.

I know another website brought up was phishtank.com where can you submit your phishing attempts.
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another site to report these phishing scams is antiphishing.org

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
magnus_101
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Astonishingly i fell for one of these paypal scams a few years back. At the time i had purchased some items on ebay and i used paypal to pay for them. One of the people i purchased from claimed that the paypal payment hadn't come through to them yet even though it was a few weeks after the initial transaction. I logged onto my paypal account and it was indeed showing that the funds hadn't been claimed by this guy and they were sitting in limbo until he actually finalised his end of the transaction. I sent several messages to the seller,telling him to claim the funds and send me the item but i got no response from him.

Next morning i am greeted by one of these "paypal" emails saying that there is a problem with my account and i need to re-enter my credit card info and everything will be back to normal. Not having yet had my hit of caffiene, i stupidly follow the link and do as requested (even giving out my PIN number) thinking that this is why i am having a problem with this one transaction recently. I think nothing more of this and finish the morning ritual of getting myself of to work. All the way to work i have some little alarm bell going off in my head but i cannot for the life of me think what it is for (i presume that i have either forgotten to bring something with me to work or forgotten to do something before i left and dismiss it).

I arrive at work nearly an hour later and i'm still bothered by this alarm bell going off in my head but i can think of nothing that i have forgotten to bring or forgotten to do so i keep dismissing it. A few hours later one of the company apprentices asks to borrow some money off me to buy his lunch. I think this is strange as he only just got paid the day before,so i ask him why is he broke already? He replies that he isn't broke but that he has had a brain freeze and cannot remember his PIN to withdraw money at the ATM. As soon as the words "pin number" utter from his mouth it hits me like a housebrick as to why i have this alarm going off in my head and i am immediately on the phone to my bank and have my credit card cancelled.

I was so lucky.....i don't know whether it was the time difference from Australia to wherever the scam email originated or what but i managed to get the card cancelled before they had a chance to access the account.
Having all my other bank accounts linked to this credit card god knows what kind of fun they could have had if they were on the ball.....it was more than 4 hours between me sending the email and then cancelling the card.

I guess the moral of the story here is that given the right circumstances anyone can be tricked. I did think afterwards that perhaps the guy that caused my paypal problem was behind the scam but he ended up claiming the paypal funds and sending me the item i bought from him so maybe not. I still receive these paypal scam emails on a regular basis.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Astonishingly i fell for one of these paypal scams a few years back. At the time i had purchased some items on ebay and i used paypal to pay for them. One of the people i purchased from claimed that the paypal payment hadn't come through to them yet even though it was a few weeks after the initial transaction. I logged onto my paypal account and it was indeed showing that the funds hadn't been claimed by this guy and they were sitting in limbo until he actually finalised his end of the transaction. I sent several messages to the seller,telling him to claim the funds and send me the item but i got no response from him.

Next morning i am greeted by one of these "paypal" emails saying that there is a problem with my account and i need to re-enter my credit card info and everything will be back to normal. Not having yet had my hit of caffiene, i stupidly follow the link and do as requested (even giving out my PIN number) thinking that this is why i am having a problem with this one transaction recently. I think nothing more of this and finish the morning ritual of getting myself of to work. All the way to work i have some little alarm bell going off in my head but i cannot for the life of me think what it is for (i presume that i have either forgotten to bring something with me to work or forgotten to do something before i left and dismiss it).

I arrive at work nearly an hour later and i'm still bothered by this alarm bell going off in my head but i can think of nothing that i have forgotten to bring or forgotten to do so i keep dismissing it. A few hours later one of the company apprentices asks to borrow some money off me to buy his lunch. I think this is strange as he only just got paid the day before,so i ask him why is he broke already? He replies that he isn't broke but that he has had a brain freeze and cannot remember his PIN to withdraw money at the ATM. As soon as the words "pin number" utter from his mouth it hits me like a housebrick as to why i have this alarm going off in my head and i am immediately on the phone to my bank and have my credit card cancelled.

I was so lucky.....i don't know whether it was the time difference from Australia to wherever the scam email originated or what but i managed to get the card cancelled before they had a chance to access the account.
Having all my other bank accounts linked to this credit card god knows what kind of fun they could have had if they were on the ball.....it was more than 4 hours between me sending the email and then cancelling the card.

I guess the moral of the story here is that given the right circumstances anyone can be tricked. I did think afterwards that perhaps the guy that caused my paypal problem was behind the scam but he ended up claiming the paypal funds and sending me the item i bought from him so maybe not. I still receive these paypal scam emails on a regular basis.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Silverskin wrote:
I have just signed up because I wanted to get some info on the fake paypal emails I get. They follow the format of:

You have paid £** for blah blah

If you did not authorize this payment use this link to cancel

OR

Suspicious activity has been identified on your account and your account will be suspended in 48 hours if you do not verify your details.

I just wanted to know more about these - are they viruses on links or some scam?

I get loads of these, used to worry in the begining now I delete and go log on the normal way to my account, NEVER click ANY links or open any attachements from these sort of places. If there is a problem with your bank or paypal, either call them or as I mentioned earlier, go back to the website via your IE/firefox etc route. far safer. Dora has some super information, I've been following her posts. Learnt a lot too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic