SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A question for the more experienced

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrgullible
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have set up a bait phone number and received a call yesterday. The lad was from a 323 Los Angeles area code number. He had an African accent and told me that I had won $2.5 mil and gave me details on going to a Western Union office. He wanted $1500 but settled on twenty bucks when I assured him that's all I had. It was hilarious because you could hear chickens "clucking" in the background. My question to the pros on here: is this a phone number they are working from or can they route their calls through an innocent unsuspecting person? I have the whole number and called it today, but the guy didn't seem to know what's going on. Can they rig the caller ID to show any number?
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

VOIP phones can be located anywhere. you are most likely dealing with a Magic Jack phone. You can get a US number for about $20/year and use the adapter anywhere.

A Skype, IPKall number + SIP, or DID number on VOIP can all be used to do this. This is how call centers in India operate with US numbers.

This is quite common. I have a SIP account I use just for baits. The number is in another state.

Did you set up the bait number up far away from you? Bait safe. Yes you can set up caller ID to your bait persona location on a VOIP phone.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
mrgullible
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Agent 1002. Yes, my number is different state, area code. It is hilarious that these guys read from a script and they can't ad-lib at all. It still boggles my mind that people in the good ole USA are so stupid that we send over a billion dollars a year to scams. How dumb can we get?
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well considering that most kids can tell you the names of every actor on the disney channel but do not know thier multiplication tables, and the average person can name more sports stars than presidents...you tell me how ignorant people can get...while at lunch the other day I won a $300 dollar bet because several people I was with didn't know the correct number of states here in the u.s...as long as parents let tv raise thier kids and the teachers push children ahead who obviously aren't ready we will always have people falling for scams.

but it isnt right to call them stupid, just naive. I'm not stupid because I cant rebuild a moter from scratch no more than someone is stupid because they fall for someones line of bullshit.

BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, you were lucky enough to happen upon some pretty bad scammers. Some of these guys are good at what they do and can ad-lib quite well. You have the benefit of knowing ahead of time that it's a scam because they called your baiting phone. Someone who doesn't have the foreknowledge that you have and is dealing with a sophisticated scammer wouldn't necessarily have to be stupid to fall for their scam.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
He wanted $1500 but settled on twenty bucks when I assured him that's all I had.

LOL!!! Hilarious! Your lad must be particularly desperate.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012
eileen81
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TWENTY BUCKS! HILARIOUS!!!!!!

I admire you guys that aren't afraid to speak to your lads via telephone. I doubt I could find the courage to do that.
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I know what you mean, Eileen. The utter revulsion I feel towards lads made it really difficult to do phoning.
Still, you can bait VERY effectively indeed without ever actually using a phone.

@mrgullible.
Hmmm. Now that you've 'established' the lad is in USA, you can arrange to meet him to give him the rest of the money.
In person. Twisted Evil
Man of many names
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

eileen81 wrote:
I admire you guys that aren't afraid to speak to your lads via telephone. I doubt I could find the courage to do that.

It's really not that bad once you get around to make your first call. In most cases the line is terrible, can you can make the lad perfectly happy by repeating your character's name and telling him you can't hear him right. If you panic or the lad asks you something you can't answer, just do the "hello? hello? I'm losing you!"-act and hang up Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the sophistication of some of these scammers. My Ex-wife once received a call from a guy who said he was from the IRS and we qualified for a $1000.00 rebate. All he needed was our bank info and he'd put it in right away. She was all set to do just that but I got on the phone and told him there wasn't any way I would give him any info over the phone. He got all bent out of shape. Oh well, we must have used up at least 20 minutes of his day.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spend some time at scamwarners and you will learn two things about victims very quickly. One, most of them are neither stupid nor greedy. Two, most of them are either naive, desperate, or some combination thereof. I've heard anecdotal evidence that scammers have made more money as the economy in the U.S. has tanked. People latch on to the hope that they just might get that payday that they need to keep their lights on, or put food on the table. Ironically, the deeper into the scam they fall, the more they hope that it will turn out to be true...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Man of many names wrote:
It's really not that bad once you get around to make your first call

Just like most things in life... Now, where's that tube of lube? Smile

Seriously, it's great once you've jumped that first hurdle.
Hang up in mid sentence if you're nervous. Lad will think you've lost signal.

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic