SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Its a rip off

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Received my car insurance quote, today, a year is £401 ($571) full comp, no claims, low mileage, I'm a O.A.P, use to do it through the Automobile Association.

So now gone through AgeUK, my car insurance with all the above is now £254.89p ($365.76) a saving of £146.11 ($205.24).

This is cheaper tham last year.

They do car insurance for the over 50's.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've found it always pays to shop around come renewal time
This year I got a quote around a third of my renewal price and a cuddly meerkat

If you want to see some really ridiclulous prices try adding an under 25 year old to your insurance
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
If you want to see some really ridiclulous prices try adding an under 25 year old to your insurance

No shit, it's a crime.

Edit: And don't even get me started on health insurance. Over US$1200 a month, for shitty family coverage. ($4000/8000 deductible)

** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to add my newly licensed 16 year old son to our car insurance last week.
The price went from $450./year to $1550./year Shocked

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Insurance prices are a complete and utter lottery.

I got £100 off simply because the salesman I was talking to on the phone had the same birthday as me. No shit. He started out at a price I was prepared to pay and that was comparable to other deals but when I gave him my DOB, he lopped £100 off.

Yeah, I was grateful but I was also left thinking "How the fuck do I find out the date of birth of the guy who answers the phone when I'm up for renewal next year?"

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
"How the fuck do I find out the date of birth of the guy who answers the phone when I'm up for renewal next year?"

Luckily for you the eggheads have done the sums: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem

Phone 23 companies and Bob's yer' uncle. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Asena
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Laughing

Alternatively, you could always try telling him that you're studying for a degree in the ancient art of astrology and have been given an assignment to do which involves casting the birth charts of 10 random strangers to see if there is any correlation between birth date and career choice. And would he be so kind as to help you out Wink

Goat Golden Goat Closed lad accounts x 40 Easter Egg 2011 x 249
Cellphone x 2
Cellphone webstore x 1

Click here to JITSAMA - acronym invented by Tsnerd
Flying Monkey
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^That'll probably get you two companies with the same birthday, not one company with your birthday.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a real issue for me, as my car is in Group 20. Try getting a quote for that when you're 18 (actually I was trying to insure a 3.4 litre Jag Mk2 when I was 18. No chance - General Accident had me thrown out by security! A shame - at that age it would've been the ultimate babe magnet)

My current insurer hiked the renewal premium to an eye watering £850 (fully comp), so I got a better quote online at £650 from another company. When I rang to tell the existing lot not to renew it, they checked my online quote, agreed it was correct, and over £200 cheaper, then said they'd match it.

If they were prepared to do it £200 cheaper, why did they try and put my premium up by that much? They are obviously making it up on the fly, and charging whatever they can get away with - bastards.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my stepson got a quote for a 20 year old Honda Civic; they wanted £6,000. Frightening. I get away with under £300 a year for a shit car in a dull town, but it's hardly fun.

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine came up for renewal a few weeks ago. Wasn't looking forward to it following the little bump I had in Jan '11. Renewal quote was pretty good - couldn't find anything significantly cheaper so I went ahead with it. Asked them about the accident - 'No problem, the claim was settled & you were found not at fault, so it doesn't count'. Great.

Couple of weeks later I get a letter from their legal department - the other party's insurer won't pay out & they want me to take them to court! Mad Mad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the meerkats saved me this year, direct line upped my renewal by nearly 100 quid this time, was not impressed. I get a feeling my home insurance will also be going thru the meerkats also

"GO DRINK POISEN AND SLEEP THEN DIE FUCK WITH YOUR MONEY"

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:

If they were prepared to do it £200 cheaper, why did they try and put my premium up by that much? They are obviously making it up on the fly, and charging whatever they can get away with - bastards.
We only have one insurance person here in town. She gouged me for $480 for 6 months of liability on my Cadillac. A few weeks before my policy expired she tried to tell me that I had to bring the deed to my house up there to renew.

I went to the same company agent a few towns from here and renewed it for $150 with no deed. I'm now paying $104 at a different company.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They start you low then ratchet it up every year or 6 months. I went from Progressive family of policies to AAA about 3 years ago. The cost was half what I was paying. I've heard people say you need to change companies every 5 years to keep your rates as low as possible. They'll also up your prices if you change companies too often.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have been with one company for 3 yrs. Our credit union sent out a flyer advertising less expensive rates with a different company so I am going to check that out. We only carry comprehensive on my vehicle, the other 2 we just carry liability 'cause they are paid for and over 10 yrs old.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My Vehicle Excise Licence (Road Tax) for the next 12 months was £210 GBP. Two Hundred and Ten Pounds!

My vehicle is almost 7yrs old, with an engine size of only 1300cc.

Now, I feel that is a rip-off!
Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Blimey, your exhaust emissions must be awful (Spicey food over Xmas to blame no doubt) Very Happy

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been with the Halifax for the last 10 years for buildings and contents insurance. Mostly I've been happy with them, but the last 2 years on the trot they've raised my premiums. They say it's because I live in a flood-risk area, following the big floods we experienced 5 years ago, which has apparently pushed insurance costs up acoss the board. Uh-huh. This despite the fact that i) I have always lived in a flood zone (the whole city is classed as one, the house didn't grow legs and move without me noticing), ii) I was fortunate enough to avoid the 'big flood' and therefore did not try and claim for replacing a non-existent granite topped kitchen and a 42" plasma tv like a lot of the locals did, and iii) I have never claimed on my insurance for anything. Evil or Very Mad It seems I'm being penalised for their costs of paying out for other peoples fraudulent claims.

I think next year I'll be switching.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I change insurers every year.

What I do is ring around 2 or 3 to start with and get a rough figure. Then I pick the cheapest one and knock a few quid off - normally between 10 and 15%.
Then I phone the next insurer and tell them that so and so has quoted me that figure and ask if can they beat it. If they can, I tell them I'll get back to them and I phone another one with their quote knocking off another 10% and repeating the process. I do this with at least half a dozen different insurers. Some will say that they can beat the price, some say they can't. Once I've done that many, I can get a general idea of the price and know how low I can go.
It takes a bit of time but it works. If I start out with the first quote of £500, I know for a fact that I can get it down to sub £400. When you think about it: a saving of over £100 is worth 30 minutes of your time.
The insurance market is competetive. If you tell the phone rep that a different company is beating their figure, quite often they'll try to offer a better deal. Way they look at it is they'd rather undercut and gain your custom that get nothing from you at all. I have to admit, this tactic probably won't work if you've got a record with lots of claims on it. But if you're clean, they might just think it's worth taking the chance on you and giving you the deal that you want.

Don't go through a broker and don't use a money comparison site. You dont want to pay broker fees and you need to talk to a human being so that you can haggle.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fo'andles wrote:
car insurance quote, a year is £401 ($571)

I pay about €100/year ($130) for my bicycle.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After reading Slightly's post I am now inspired to do some calling around.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I insure my car through Admiral, each year the quote comes through and once I've got back up off the floor I go on line, use my exact same details and get a figure which is considerably less, with that and the details from the meerkats I phone Admiral back and haggle a fair bit off the price, Saves £150-£200 each time.

Not that they are money grabbing ba**ards and could offer me the cheaper rate to begin with.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep getting in wrecks or tickets so I'm always screwed. They are always just fender benders but still a wreck. I seem to have one once a year. Law of odds I guess I'm on the road a lot or I'm just a sucky driver.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bravo95 wrote:
or I'm just a sucky driver.

Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic