SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Friends son got scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Buck Turgidson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not much of a story, but seeing as today will most likely be a slow news day.

Got talking to an old friend yesterday while I was doing a spot of last minute Xmas shopping, hadn't seen him for a fair time, but the conversation soon got onto scammers as he knows I dabble in a spot of baiting, turns out his son bought a load of aquarium stuff from an online shop in China, he spent a fair bit via a secure form of cash transfer (bank transfer I think) anyway, lo & behold the goods arrived & were of a good quality (remarkable in its self) so then he a friend tried to order a load more stuff, something to the tune of $800, this time an email came back saying that the money transfer system he used last time was no longer available, however fortunately ( Rolling Eyes ) Western Union was just fine so they went ahead & ordered (I think most of you can guess where this going) a few weeks went by & nothing arrived so they sent another email asking where their stuff was, the reply came back that the consignment was held up at customs & they were given another email to contact at the "customs authority" , luckily a reply came back that for a few dollars (via good old WU of course) their consignment will be expedited through customs & arrive in a few days.

Well, obviously nothing arrived at all.

I guess that the original firm had their email hacked, or a bent employee had found a new way to top his wages up, or even they were in on it from the start, as when the original firm was contacted they confirmed that orders were being intercepted by persons unknown.

Still, live & learn huh?

DOCTOR SAID I SHOULD BRING SOME MONEY SO THAT HE CAN WASH HER WOMB VERY WELL- Rev Joe

I believe that this was done by some imposters or herkers who manipulate mails through the internet. Rev Joe

THANK YOU TO BAYTERZ ALL AROUND THE WORLD, YOUR WORK IS APPRICIATED (joe yet again)
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that, Buck. Sad
I'm sure there are many baiters here that would love to massbait him into oblivion? Evil or Very Mad

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My condolences, it REALLY sucks that we have scammers. Some scammers are bright enough to pass most inspections. Some are hosted on sites that are impossible to kill.

I have to agree we are more then willing to harass scammers.

Also we have a fake site killing section. Most host are willing to kill a fraudulent site, though there are a few host who required a victim to step forward before they will even consider killing a site. So also put whatever sites that are affiliated with this scam in our fake site section.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds to me like a lad copied the store's website, and the son wasn't dealing with the legit company the second time around. Does he have any links / emails / headers / etc. that you can share? Would be worth investigating. Scams piggybacking on a reputable company are especially dangerous as the goods were fine the first time so why wouldn't he have trusted them the second? Let's see if we can shut the b@stards down.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's awful. I'm really sorry that happened. It sounds like they had a pretty sophisticated scam going. Still, I'm on board for a bait if the details are uncovered.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Buck Turgidson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I seldom see the guy around, he used to be a motor mechanic close to where I live, I did however point him in the direction of 419 eater Wink

If I see him about I'll see if his son can forward all the details to me so we can release the hounds. Twisted Evil

DOCTOR SAID I SHOULD BRING SOME MONEY SO THAT HE CAN WASH HER WOMB VERY WELL- Rev Joe

I believe that this was done by some imposters or herkers who manipulate mails through the internet. Rev Joe

THANK YOU TO BAYTERZ ALL AROUND THE WORLD, YOUR WORK IS APPRICIATED (joe yet again)
thedutchguy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

count me in if you need help
thedutchguy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a lot of contacts in the north part of Vietnam and across the border in China and I am sure we can get help from there also to set up a good bait and maybe a safari.....
TheProbie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have my axe. Count me in.

best quote: I HATE MYSELF MORE EACH DAY TO REALISE THAT I FALL A VICTIM.
Closed lad accounts x2

United KingdomUnited StatesBurkina FasoGhanaCanadaSpainNigeriaGermanyIreland-x14
Closed lad accounts x5 - Charity lads
Closed lad accounts x6 x2
Easter Egg 2012
"Why will i be afraid? Even the government knows its was a result of what they did to us back then, although is not encouraging but it can't stop" - Lad answering if he's afraid of being punished
piecrust
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And my bow.
Tread on my cues why don't you!
This may be excessivley paranoid, but it could even be one of the ISP's employees, in any case contacts in the area could be usefull.
I'd relish the opportunity to learn something about how China realy works in the process.

You would look good in Gold
Never use windows auto-fill again, use something much more secure like lastpass for free.

"I am a man of hing reputation." - Loan lad Billy Hord.
"don't even think of given me that crap that you are Deaf and dump or my line is cut off , i don't have a phone please don't.." - Loan lad Billy Hord. (Having been baited to hell)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic