SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

House for rent

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eden Beaver
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been messing around with scambaiters for a little while and am new to this. I found the site today and joined right away. I was looking for a new house on craiglists and stumbled across an ad that sounded to good to be true. I sent them an email anyway and they wrote back. After seeing the bad grammer and lengthy response, I knew it was a scammer. The following occured over the course of a few days.

Email from scammer:

Greetings!!!

First of all i really want thank you for been interested in my house and it is my gladness to hearing from you i am the owner of the home which you are making inquiry,right now the house is still Available for rent.I decided to rent out the house because we are going to spending more time here in Abuja for about 3 to 4 years here... Let me start by introducing myself.
I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business. However, My name is Dottie Klein i and my family own the house, Due to my job as a Civil engineer, I work for a German Company called JULIUS BERGER CONSTRUCTION CO,and now i have been transfer to Abuja to work in a branch in Abuja. I spent less time in the States I had a thought of selling the house so I have to look for an agent, after getting one, we got a deal but later my family advised against that,, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Abuja that I decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sale out the House. which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. The house rent includes all the utilities in the house so there is nothing to worry about that utilities,so that is the reason and more we need a responsible person or family that can take very good care of just like is, I’m interesting in a good tenant that will consider the home as his/her personal home and take good care of it.
Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property so i wont want you to take advantage of me because i wont be in the states please once again i will want you to take care of my house well and good okay, so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word, if there is anything you really want to ask me just feel free to do so ok, i want you to let take each order just like family,so you are free to move in as soon as you wish okay and i pray everything works the way i have planed....

Information about the house below:
The rent is: $900 Security Deposit: $700
4 : Bedroom 2.5 : Bathroom

Address: 160 Jewel Drive, York PA

Size: 2,043 sqft

Pet are also Welcome.

Interior:
Washer/dryer connection Hardwood floor

Kitchen & dining:
Garbage disposal Range/oven Granite countertops

Bed & bath:
Master on main
Jacuzzi tub

Exterior:
car garage Deck Irrigation system

This Single-Family Home for rent is located at 160 Jewel Drive, York PA. 160 Jewel Dr is in the 17404 ZIP code in York, PA. 160 Jewel Dr has 4 beds, 3 baths, approximately 2,043 square feet, and was built in 2004

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

RENT APPLICATION FORM
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
SEX:__________?
DATE OF BIRTH:_________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
WHICH NUMBER IS THE BEST TO CALL YOU ON__________?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?
DO YOU AGREE TO PAY THE DEPOSIT BEFORE RECEIVING THE KEYS
_____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND PAYING THE DEPOSIT_____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?

PLEASE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF......

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you...Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documentation and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this, The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...

TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY HOUSE FROM THE OUTSIDE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT ME @(+234-808-066-5535 OR 011-234-808-066-5535)

Thank so much for your interest once again...

Yours Sincerely
Dottie Klein

I wrote back the following:

My name is Mike Hunt. I am an alcoholic drug addict with many different personalities. I am getting kicked out of my home that I rent now because I tried to burn it down one night after a long night of drinking and doing blow. Also I like to shoot my guns into the walls trying to paint a picture of a smiley face. I need a new place to live. Please let me know if I am illegibal to live in your house or not. It does look like a nice house. I would try and treat it with respect but I may add a few bullet holes/jizz stains to make it feel more like home. If that is ok with you please reply. I need to find new residence asap.

Please get back to me..

The response I got back from the scammer was simple:

F*** YOU !!!

My response:

No f*** you and your scamming a**. You are being turned into the crimes code department right now you scamming f**. I let your mother suck my c***. She gave me Aids.

I than immediately sent this message:

Sorry if I sent you the wrong message. I really am interested in the house. I had someone else that is trying to scam me and I don't take that lightly. I somehow crossed the emails that I wanted to send to them with ones I wanted to send to you. Let me start over again since I got this right now. My name is Phil Latio and I am interested in renting your house Mrs. Klein. I am very interested in it. If you could please send me an application to fill out. Thank you.

Phil

The scammer should have known something was up but he fell for the bait. Scammers response was "please tell us about yourself" with the application questions once again.

I decided to fill it out. I sent the following completed appliacation out.

Name: Norma Stitz
Sex Female (transgender)
DOB 6/6/06
Profession: Cage fighter
Phone:555-5555
None
Marital Status: Widow
Kids: Yes 19 and counting
Present address: 321 Sasquatch Drive Hells Kitchen NY 20158
How long: till I get kicked out
Why am I leaving: Getting kicked out
Give me the house till I get kicked out
I agree to pay the deposit before receiving the keys
I intend to pay the deposit once I receive the keys
Pets: 1 dog, 2 lizards, 1 creature of the night (the charismatic enigma)
Habits: inject heroin, snort drano and drink piss
Smoke: I only smoke the finest trees.
Drink: I drink piss, see above
Do I work late: What do you plan on breaking in?
Tell us about yourself: just got out of prison for beating up a bully ray. I am looking for a place to lay low for awhile. Some man named Duane Chapman may come around looking for me. I smoke the ganja and drink piss and also blood. I would tell you more but we just met. Please send me the keys now. Can I go move my stuff in awhile? I was by today and the front door was hanging wide open. I took a peek inside. I also moved some of my stuff in awhile although other peoples stuff was in there. I threw it out with the trash. I have my own furnishings and don't need that junk. Please send me the keys now. I will pay you when I have the keys in hand.

Norma Stitz

I guess they don't even review the application because even a mental patient would not allow a person with that criteria to move into their beloved home. Here is the reply:

Good Morning Norma,

Good to read from you, me and my family are very comfortable with your profile, after going try your application form and have no doubt you would be a good morals and discipline, because am an intellectual and very mindful of the kind of individuals i associate with, let alone lease my house to. At this point all i want from you is to confirm your seriousness, I would give your family consideration over other prospective tenants applying so wear very exited and willing to let you move in our house as soon as possible.

Norma I must let you know we are GOD fearing family and we are doing this out of trust and GOD'S own guardians and pray this work out as we planned. About the keys and documents, we intend sending the keys and the house documents Via FedEx mailing services to the address you provided to us. OK You will need to make payment for refundable Security deposit which is $700 so that the home can be secure under your name till you are ready to move in and so that you can also have the keys and documents of the house to go view the inside of the house,then after view the inside of the if you feel comfortable with it then you can pay the first month rent after 3 to 4 days as you move in okay,As soon as I confirm the refundable deposit payment from you then you receiving the keys and documents within the next 24hours of your move-in, than after you get the keys and all documentation of my house if you feel comfortable with the house you will get back to me with the rest of the money which is the first month rent okay...

My family and I will be staying here for good 4 years,Norma so you are to stay as long as you want in our house. So my family and I have accepted you as our new tenant and we would like to send the following document to you via FedEx courier service to the address you will be sending to us and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy our house, Please once again, we are giving you this base on trust and do not disappoint us and I promise you that, you will love the house. About any repaired if they break, you shall promptly notify Landlord of any defects in or damages to the plumbing, sanitary, electrical, gas, heating, or cooling systems as well as any leaks in the roof or evidence of structural damage. You shall not repair these defects or damages without obtaining the prior, written permission of me, which I may reasonably refused however, you shall take reasonable steps to prevent additional damage. and again about the utilities they are still going to be in my name for now because before we left the state,we have paid down for the utilities till March so before the end of March I will be coming to pay you a visit to know how you are taking good care of my house so by than we can talk on how the utilities are going to be in your name…

Here are the contents of the document.

1) House Entrance keys and the rooms Keys
2) House Rental form (Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary file
4) Security deposit Receipt (Refundable).

Norma I will also need you to confirm your delivery details and also to answer the below questions so as to certify my worries about you taking charge of my house:

Delivery Name:
Delivery Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Phone #:

For how to send the money will prefer via Money Gram swift Money Transfer. because is the faster and else way of sending and receiving money after the deposit the rest of the money will be used in opening an account so that is were you will be send the monthly rent fees, so get back to me to know when you want to make the payment so i can also know when i will be sending the parcel, and you can as well call me on my mobile phone Sad+234-808-066-5535 OR 011-234-808-066-5535)

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely
Dottie Klein

My last reply was a sort of stalling technique to further gather ideas on where to move next with this:

I can only send the money buy cashiers check. I hope that will be ok with you.

And that is it for now. This scammer must only have access to a PC once a day which is a lot less than some others that I dealt with. All messages come to me around 4:00 am. Any ideas or requests on where to move from here? Thanks for reading.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic